Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
really, is that needed?

-Dan
Old 8/22/06, 07:02 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
That's laughable. Those don't even come close to what Marcello is comoing out with. They look like all the other cheap stick-on lovers. They're almost identical to the SSE louvers.
Old 8/22/06, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Anyway, had a meeting today, we were discussing the painting of the prototype. Looks like that might be happening after all, although the prototype doesn't have the complete transparency of the finished product, it will be painted well for this purpose. Now we just have to decide what colors will look good on the #05, since we're going to mount it on the real car.
Did I read that correctly? You're not sure what color to paint it? Please don't paint it any color other than the color of the car. Painting the louvers a different color is the absolute worse mod that can be done to a fastback Mustang!!(65-68, 05-07) I'd rather see a big ricer wing on a Mustang than see the louvers/scoop painted a diff color!
Old 8/22/06, 08:01 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, point taken. We were thinking about black or dark grey, since they will be available in the "smoke" finish from the get-go, but that doesn't show angular detail in photos with a lot of modern digital cameras (and I expect there will be some pictures taken of it).

We'll do white with black insets for where the transparent sections will be. Should make it easily viewable.

Oh, and our price is going to make the above post pretty much irrelevant, especially the pre-order.
Old 8/22/06, 08:56 AM

Wow. That's less than I expected.

How difficult do you anticipate the install to be once the final product comes out?
Old 8/22/06, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Lame. Why would you spam someone else's product thread? And yes, those "louevers" suck. Marcello rules.
Old 8/22/06, 12:20 PM

Marcello,
I just read in another thread where a glass installer said our quarter windows are hard to get out w/o messing up the paint.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...5&postcount=16
Old 8/22/06, 12:24 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, I'm not going to say anything to the contrary, but let me put it another way that might make more sense....

To R&R the quarter window glass pays about 2 hours, and will take pretty close to it, and probably will require two sets of hands.

To R&R a windshield will pay close to the same, but will take 1/4 the time, and can be done by one person with the proper tools.

If you are a glass guy, which job would you rather take? I'm going to do the R&R myself, so that I can see just how involved it is - of course I'll be taking pictures, so it will take a bit longer, but still should give some idea what we are dealing with.
Old 8/22/06, 12:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by WarningSLO
Lame. Why would you spam someone else's product thread? And yes, those "louevers" suck. Marcello rules.
He accidentally posted the link in the wrong louver thread, back off fellas okay. It wasn't intentional at all. He posted the link while at work, rather quickly and misread the topic.
Old 8/22/06, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
He accidentally posted the link in the wrong louver thread, back off fellas okay. It wasn't intentional at all. He posted the link while at work, rather quickly and misread the topic.
Oh OK, that's fair enough. Sorry about that. Carry on then.
Old 8/22/06, 01:37 PM
V6 Member

To R&R the quarter window glass pays about 2 hours, and will take pretty close to it, and probably will require two sets of hands.
Is that per side or is that for both 1/4 windows?
Old 8/23/06, 11:35 PM
Legacy Tms Member

I'm pretty sure for both. Again, I'll be doing the job myself, without special tools, so I'll see what it should take. If it doesn't work, well, there will be a hole in our car next week at the show!
Old 8/24/06, 05:49 AM
V6 Member

If it doesn't work, well, there will be a hole in our car next week at the show!
Sounds like yer willing to take a huge risk... that sounds like a man who believes in his product! And that gives me great confidence & reason to be patient for these louvers.
Old 8/24/06, 06:54 AM

I cant wait!
Old 8/24/06, 08:42 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by mymojo
Sounds like yer willing to take a huge risk... that sounds like a man who believes in his product! And that gives me great confidence & reason to be patient for these louvers.
Thanks, I hope so - if I'm not willing to try it on my own car, how can I offer it to you for yours?
Old 8/24/06, 10:31 AM

Thanks, I hope so - if I'm not willing to try it on my own car, how can I offer it to you for yours?
You can use my car if you're coming to SEMA this year. I live in Vegas.
Old 8/24/06, 09:47 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No, we can't afford to come out, although I wish we could. Between the MCA show next week and PRI in December, we're kind of tapped out. Hopefully next year we will be able to come out and do it, with a display and all. Now of course if you can put us up for a few days and all, maybe we can work something out

Unfortunately, we probably won't have production pieces ready by SEMA this year anyway. It's looking like November delivery on them right now, so pre-order will be getting going here hopefully this weekend.
Old 8/24/06, 11:01 PM
Bullitt Member

pre-order will be getting going here hopefully this weekend.
Booo yeah! Does that mean those who are on the pre-order list get to see pictures soon???
Old 8/24/06, 11:09 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Let me bust some *ss this weekend, and see what we can get accomplished. It's only 1:00 am a week prior to the show, no pressure as usual....

Hopefully we'll be able to release a lot prior to hitting the show.

On edit: I hate responding to only the post - I didn't read the quote taken from my prior post... so the joke doesn't work right if read in context... Ah, I should know better than to try and make a funny at this time of night anyway!
Old 8/25/06, 09:01 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, we can't afford to come out, although I wish we could. Between the MCA show next week and PRI in December, we're kind of tapped out. Hopefully next year we will be able to come out and do it, with a display and all. Now of course if you can put us up for a few days and all, maybe we can work something out

Unfortunately, we probably won't have production pieces ready by SEMA this year anyway. It's looking like November delivery on them right now, so pre-order will be getting going here hopefully this weekend.
Marcello - you coming out to the MOSI show in Tampa in Oct??....

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass