05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/07, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marcello, any news on my torch red set? Think they'll be here in time for my show on the 26th?
Old 5/15/07, 10:23 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by nancegt350
Marcello, any news on my torch red set? Think they'll be here in time for my show on the 26th?

Well,I just placed my order for the promotor, and while I was at it, i figured i may as well order the honey comb panel as well. I just ordered the Cali Dream hood yesterday day as well, and i have had the SS ducktail in my garage for a year now, and now I am going to order the CDC classic chin. The car is going in for paint in 3 weeks. I cant wait.

Kenneth
Old 5/15/07, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, so here are the pics of my bMineral grey installed and leak tested!
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_2926.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_2927.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_2935.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_2930.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_2931.jpg  

Old 5/15/07, 04:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

More
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_2938.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_2942.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_2943.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-100_2941.jpg  
Old 5/15/07, 04:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by davids2toys
OK, so here are the pics of my bMineral grey installed and leak tested!
Best pictures I've seen of them yet. I was still on the fence on getting this or not. I am now

BTW, nice faux(?, Fake) gas cap. Much cleaner then standard GT one
Old 5/15/07, 05:37 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Very nice. I really like the painted U-trim on the rear window too, been thinking about getting that for ever, not sure why I haven't yet.
Old 5/15/07, 07:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Best pictures I've seen of them yet. I was still on the fence on getting this or not. I am now

BTW, nice faux(?, Fake) gas cap. Much cleaner then standard GT one
Yeah, we make that too LOL...

Let's see... painted louvers - buried here in them, and I'm working late trying to get them processed through for everyone - a lot will be shipping tomorrow and the next day, I wanted to have them done over the weekend, but forgot that little thing called "Mother's day" - put a crimp in the work schedule.

Kenneth - I re-read your post - duplicolor? I'm guessing this is for paint adhesion, and is not what you want... as a matter of fact, I'd probably scuff / sand the backside mounting area of the louver prior to putting the 3M stuff on now, just to have some fresh material to "bite" into. FYI I saw the order this morning, and made sure it shipped today for you, help keep your delay to a minimum. The stuff you are getting comes in that neat little aluminum bottle, and has a working life of 24 hours once opened - doubtful that the Duplicolor stuff is nearly as potent (not knocking it, it's probably good for what it is made for, just not this...)

Be sure to read the instructions with the promoter - I wrapped them in there myself today just to be sure.
Old 5/15/07, 08:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Haha good to know. I'm saving for louvers
Old 5/15/07, 08:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing

Let's see... painted louvers - buried here in them, and I'm working late trying to get them processed through for everyone - a lot will be shipping tomorrow and the next day, I wanted to have them done over the weekend, but forgot that little thing called "Mother's day" - put a crimp in the work schedule.

Kenneth - I re-read your post - duplicolor? I'm guessing this is for paint adhesion, and is not what you want... as a matter of fact, I'd probably scuff / sand the backside mounting area of the louver prior to putting the 3M stuff on now, just to have some fresh material to "bite" into. FYI I saw the order this morning, and made sure it shipped today for you, help keep your delay to a minimum. The stuff you are getting comes in that neat little aluminum bottle, and has a working life of 24 hours once opened - doubtful that the Duplicolor stuff is nearly as potent (not knocking it, it's probably good for what it is made for, just not this...)

Be sure to read the instructions with the promoter - I wrapped them in there myself today just to be sure.

Awesome, thank you... Now if i could only get the other louver off so the promotor doesnt expire.... hmm, i hope i have enough adhesive now

Kenneth
Old 5/15/07, 08:51 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
I really like this pic for some reason...
[img]http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=26188&stc=1&thumb=1&d= 1179269766[img]

the ducktail/blackout/cap along with the louvers really looks great- makes me wish I'd went spoiler delete
Old 5/15/07, 09:28 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 06VISTA
Awesome, thank you... Now if i could only get the other louver off so the promotor doesnt expire.... hmm, i hope i have enough adhesive now

Kenneth
If you're out, a local auto body supply shop should have what you need. You should easily find someone in the yellow pages. I'd be cautious using the same tube of adhesive that's been exposed to the air for this long. If I were in your shoes, I'd buy a new tube... one less thing to go wrong and have your bad luck striking yet again.
Old 5/16/07, 04:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
I really like this pic for some reason...
[img]http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=26188&stc=1&thumb=1&d= 1179269766[img]

the ducktail/blackout/cap along with the louvers really looks great- makes me wish I'd went spoiler delete
Can you use the quote button, this link or address does not work...I would like to know what pic you are talking about
Old 5/16/07, 09:48 AM

Just saw where my charge for the promoter (I had to call and add it last week because of this thread) just ran through on my debit. Maybe my louvers will ship today or tomorrow?! I've got a HUGE car show coming up (ALL Mustangs and Vettes) on the 26th and wanted to get these things on by then. I have a feeling there are going to be alot of jealous S197's (or alot of new orders for Marcello). I'll take the day off work to put them on if I have to. What's recommended cure time on these again?
Old 5/17/07, 01:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Marcello, I stopped by Mustang Plus in Kansas City today and the owner flipped over these louvers installed on my GT. I am now featured in his store with some photos and all, thanks for the awesome louvers!
Old 5/17/07, 08:40 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
got my prepaints put in tonight- tomorrow 'mustang withdrawl' can go away
Old 5/18/07, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Well, it finally happened: I was at the Home Depot a Wednesday night and saw a black GT with the 1/4 louvers. It looked really good. Of course, I wasnt in my stang at the time so I prolly looked like just another gawker - it woulda been kinda cool to get a pic of a black GT & white V6 together with the louvers.

But still.... I'm sad that I'm no longer the only one in my part of town. Is that wrong of me? lol
Old 5/18/07, 12:14 PM

Not at all. I think it would be cool to see another car with the louvers around town, but I'll also be a little bummed when I do because then I won't be the only one here (that I know of) with them.
Old 5/18/07, 05:04 PM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL, you guys kill me

While I do realize the individuality of it and all, you do realize that if we only sell one in each major city / area, that we won't be around to make the "next" great part ? We do need to sell at least a few of these to make sure we can pay for the tools that make them, so help a brother out, spread the word!!

(All in jest, you guys have a good weekend)!!
Old 5/18/07, 05:19 PM

I have been spreading the word, just haven't seen anyone else with them yet. Have no fear, based on the reactions I get, I'm sure you'll turn a profit on these.
Old 5/18/07, 05:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Hello Marcello,
I am going thru shr withdrawal, when are all your new stuff and round stuff coming out. Have you all gotten the new machinery etc. Whats next on the plate? Well I also have a question, in an earlier post you said you had changed the instructions to talk about the shims etc. to make the window flush using the rubber pieces etc. I dont see anything new in your instructions on your site about a flush finish with rubber spacers etc. would you send me the updated instructions if you have them. I want to get this all right on the first go around, and i am having a hard time finding any window guy around that wants to do this, so it may be a self install this weekend etc. Thanks for your help, and cant wait on the new stuff. see ya

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass