05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/06, 10:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
I'd love to, but I can tell you now that every waking moment I have will be dedicated to the September show in August (other than our products, answering phones, etc...) so I don't think I can do another one in August. Make it October when it cools down some, and we could probably make a day of it - or just come to the PRI show in December - we'll have our car in our sponsor's booths.
I'd love to go to PRI, but it's for industry folks only - unless of course you'd like to make me a temporary employee
Old 7/19/06, 10:35 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Marcello - I hear ya. Heck I'll see you in Birmingham then? That'll work. And we'll do one in October...

Rony - check the Regional thread for the post on the meet for next month!
Old 7/19/06, 11:11 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heck Yeah!

Most definately interested. I have been waiting on a product like this to come out even before I bought my stang.
Where's the list to sign up?
Old 7/21/06, 03:24 PM
V6 Member

uuuuuhhhhhh..... *bump*
Old 7/21/06, 04:29 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uhh, Friday night... no quote in sight... not a paper was rustling all through the shop.

There's been a lot of cost increases I am being told with the aluminum and tool steel for the molds, and of course with the plastics - so they had another meeting today to see what they can do to get our costs in line a bit more, and I am expecting a quote over the weekend. Once I see that, we can get back in gear.

It's not stalled, just stuck at a long red light at the moment. Should turn green soon.
Old 7/26/06, 06:53 PM
GT Member

Hello

Justa Kind Bump

Waiting On Pins And Needles
Old 7/27/06, 11:27 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Pre-order information will be coming soon. Due to the costs involved, we see it as the only means to get this part into production sometime this century. I will let everyone know ASAP, along with full pictures to help you decide as well.

We're on it...
Old 7/27/06, 02:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks again Marcello. Can't wait to see the official pics.
Old 8/2/06, 11:32 AM
V6 Member

Just to keep it alive...
Old 8/3/06, 06:34 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Been under a bus for a few days - little update:

We're still doing the pre-order purchase for these, I just haven't got it finalized yet. Everyone will know as soon as I can get it done. Today I got the news that 3 months worth of work on our new webstore is in the crapper because of some fatal flaws in the software... so I'm a bit "less than thrilled" about that.

Cut the first big check today to the mold shop. I think I need a drink now. Oh wait, there's no money for a drink left, guess I'll have some water....

Oh, and another run of honeycomb panels is about to start - seems we're about out of them, which is cool. We would be out by the MCA show if we didn't start the run in the next few days. And Fuel doors are fully in stock again, and we're still waiting on the medallions to come back from anodize and go to final assembly. Glad I know not to hold my breath on these things sometimes... Still waiting on the functional cup-holder bezels, and the 07 a/c ***** too...

There's more, but that's what I can talk about at the moment...

Just a couple things on the plate you know.
Old 8/11/06, 12:46 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump, and news, pics, prices, freebee's? (can't hurt to ask)
Old 8/14/06, 07:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Bump.
Old 8/15/06, 11:01 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Hey everyone - I've been under a rock for a few days....

Update: New website is up and running on a new server, and webstore is running and will be upgraded rather than tossed to the curb in a week or so (That explains where I've been)...

Window mold cavities are on order, as soon as they arrive machining should begin. Given the normal time to market with this stuff, I'm guessing early November timeframe for shipment. That said, I know we need a pre-order going, and I'll work on that in the coming days. I was really tied up with the website re-build, and the other usual day-to-day stuff lately. Suffice it to say the pre-order price will be a very attractive offer for those who are willing to wait like our customers were with the honeycomb panel, and were then rewarded with being among the first and having something everyone else wanted.

Anyway, I'll try and poke in more often now that our email is working again, along with everything else. If you haven't stopped by the website lately, take a look around at the new one - there are a lot of minor things in the new site that really are laying a foundation for a long-lasting site. (The last one lasted us arund 2 years)

We're going to be adding more to it as time goes on, including our own how-to articles for some of the products we sell or manufacture. Already, we've added all of our product installation instructions to help out anyone who loses theirs or is curious what it will take to install our products.

Enjoy.
Old 8/16/06, 11:07 AM
GT Member

Are you planning on posting some better pictures before the pre-order? If possible, I'd like to see a picture of these on a car before I commit to buying them. Is this going to be possible?

Thanks in advance,
TRB
Old 8/16/06, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Agreed, I'm super excited about this product but I have to see some more shots before I can make the commitment.
Old 8/16/06, 11:52 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Oh yeah, definitely. Although I am torn on whether to paint and install the prototype or leave it in the "translucent red" and install it... one of the problems being that it will be smoke transparent in finished form, but there is no way to paint that and mount it. It's one of the things I know we need to do for the pre-order to commence. We do have some good shots of it in the spare quarter panel, as the ones posted so far have had a lot of "covering up" of some details. The pictures for the pre-order will not be hidden in any way.
Old 8/16/06, 07:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool news. Thanks again Marcello. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 8/16/06, 08:28 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No problem - another day to the crapper though - we spent 3 hours+ on the phone with tech support for our satellite Internet connection (can't get anything else where we are) and come to find it's a problem on their end affecting the whole east coast - but of course the guys in tech support don't tell you that, they have you rebooting, disconnecting, etc....

I'm so over it....

Anyways, let me get back on track with everything, and we'll get going on it. In the meantime, like I posted, the mold is moving forward, satellite or not, so that's the important part for the moment.

Oh, and of course we're starting to get ready for the MCA show too....
Old 8/17/06, 07:01 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
What are the chances you'll have a set of louvers at the show?
Old 8/17/06, 09:00 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Chances of a set at the show - 0%

Chances of a prototype driver's side either on the car or in a quarter panel - 100%.

Passenger side only exists in the software world at the moment, no need to build one since it is a mirror of the driver side. (Unless you'd like a 3k set of louvers on your car that can't withstand the elements...) But we will have the one there, possibly mounted on the #05.

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass