Search this Thread

Old 12/2/06, 04:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ronzara
I found THIS on ebay: ANY COMMENTS???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...58755940QQrdZ1

RZ
Notice it's being offered as a pre-order from "silverhorse racing". That's the guy a few posts up letting you know how production is coming. Those pics you saw on ebay is what this whole thread is about.
Old 12/2/06, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

RZ
Yea, and, so ..... old news
Old 12/2/06, 05:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RZ
Yeah, they're pretty cool. I can't wait to get mine.
Old 12/3/06, 08:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Well any news when these are coming out. I placed my order for just about everything they make. I can't wait to check out these louvers.
Old 12/3/06, 10:32 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How's this for *big* news !!

Check out what it takes guys to make a "simple piece of plastic". This just arrived Thursday at the mold shop from the supplier.

It's a "base" which is what the injection machine has mounted to it - the actual molds are mounted to these bases, and then the whole mess is heated to about 500 degrees and the plastic melts, runs through the mold under 300 tons of pressure, and *pop* comes out looking like a louver in about 3 minutes.

These guys (like everyone else on our list) were behind on their delivery, but we've got it, so now it can be mated to the molds to get ready to start sampling the driver's side out.

BTW - weight on this one is just over 2,000 pounds.... and you thought you had paperweights laying around.

Speaking of molds - check out the chunk of aluminum in the photo - see anything familiar in it? Finish is starting to look pretty good too...
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-base.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-core.jpg  
Old 12/4/06, 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

If you can pair the weight down a bit on the aluminum ones, I'll take a set like that.......
Old 12/4/06, 06:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

i will wait till people start putting these one then i will think about removing my quarter window for them LOL
Old 12/4/06, 06:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

They look like they'll be a great product. I'm anxious to see the finished item and price. The difficulty level of installation will probably be the decision maker for me.
Old 12/4/06, 08:51 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
lookin good

gettin excited about these-cant wait to rip those windows out only bad thing- in the middle of building new garage (40x40-yea!) and its a long ways from useablethey should finish block tomorrow, supposed to be done in couple weeks...decisions, decisions...paint/install louvers or freeze my butt off and get going on insulation/drywall?

HMM...maybe I can use the booth at work... if they arrive soon enough, might be able to pull the car in at work, paint/install there over holiday shutdown...will definitely have to ask about that possibility

Marcello- getting any better feel on possible best case scenario for shipping? 1-2 wks/2-4 wks/4-6 wks?
Old 12/4/06, 09:34 PM
Legacy Tms Member

I'm going to say somewhere in the 4-5 week area is a good bet if anyone's running the Vegas odds on it right now... the combination of everything being even later than they normally are (which I thought I accounted for in the original estimate) and the holidays now coming into play, it's going to be tight. But with the backing plates here, the only missing ingredient is the material, which is supposed to be here but hasn't shown up yet. Once we have that, into the injector it goes for testing. Once the driver's side mold is making good parts, we'll use any "tricks" to finish the passenger side, thereby reducing the number of gate / run modifications to only one side, the other side being done using what is learned.

This is so much like art and so little like machining sometimes... and to be honest, I originally guessed mid-October, which is why I said the end of November... thought I was playing it plenty safe with that estimate
Old 12/4/06, 09:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by afcop13
They look like they'll be a great product. I'm anxious to see the finished item and price. The difficulty level of installation will probably be the decision maker for me.
Well, depending upon where Valrico is compared to Palm Bay, you can come watch the install on our car, or come see it at PRI next week if you can get into the show, and I'll gladly show you step-by-step what it takes - like I posted way back in this thread somewhere, you're talking about 2 hours or so for the install, and only a handful of tools to do it, literally. It's a mental block about doing it, kind of like cutting the hole in the hood for a shaker setup, but look how many people do that without any trouble...
Old 12/4/06, 09:49 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Marcello..I assume with the louvers you are supplying any seals and such to prevent leakage?
Sorry if you covered it already I had no desire to run through 27 pages to find it.
BTW the pics of them on your site look great! Give yourself a pat on the back!
Old 12/4/06, 10:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Well, depending upon where Valrico is compared to Palm Bay, you can come watch the install on our car, or come see it at PRI next week if you can get into the show, and I'll gladly show you step-by-step what it takes - like I posted way back in this thread somewhere, you're talking about 2 hours or so for the install, and only a handful of tools to do it, literally. It's a mental block about doing it, kind of like cutting the hole in the hood for a shaker setup, but look how many people do that without any trouble...

That'd be a great opportunity if I weren't in Baghdad right now!!!

Valrico is just East of Tampa - before you get to Plant City.

I'll be home in March/April......I'll have to set up a visit to your shop afterwards, I have several mods planned for my tax free dollars I'm putting away.
Old 12/4/06, 10:47 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by burningman
Marcello..I assume with the louvers you are supplying any seals and such to prevent leakage?
Sorry if you covered it already I had no desire to run through 27 pages to find it.
The seal is a urethane tube of goo - it goes on like cake frosting You will need to purchase this locally (I bought a tube at the local auto parts store - it's an on the shelf item), or alternatively we may be able to buy it in bulk and sell it to those who want to do this themselves. We decided not to include them in the package because a lot of our customers had expressed interest in having the install done professionally, and giving the installer a 10.00 tube of sealant he already has would just drive the product cost higher. As to the 27 pages - yeah, this one got way bigger than the honeycomb thread did - and that one lasted like 4 months longer...

BTW the pics of them on your site look great! Give yourself a pat on the back!
Thanks - I appreciate it. Of course, not everyone likes my honesty and being up front in answering questions - check out this thread and my... restrained response:

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_23202...tm.htm#2355491

Originally Posted by afcop13
That'd be a great opportunity if I weren't in Baghdad right now!!!

Valrico is just East of Tampa - before you get to Plant City.

I'll be home in March/April......I'll have to set up a visit to your shop afterwards, I have several mods planned for my tax free dollars I'm putting away.
Ah yes, I know Plant City and Tampa...

Do us a favor and stay safe over there, and thank you for doing what it takes ! There are plenty of us over here that appreciate your efforts over there, and I mean that as sincerely as possible. I just hope you guys can get the job done so that my kids don't have to grow up worrying about the stuff we are dealing with currently. When you get back stateside, let me know, there will be a cold beverage of your choice waiting for you! (and no, I'm happily married, so no funny stuff!! ) Oh and of course, you are welcome to come out to one of our races or over to Stangfest in August at Daytona - over 1000 Mustangs planned, it should be a big show!
Old 12/4/06, 11:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks - I appreciate it. Of course, not everyone likes my honesty and being up front in answering questions - check out this thread and my... restrained response:

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_23202...tm.htm#2355491
Geez. No wonder TMS is the only Mustang forum that I visit. Thanks for all your info Marcello. The delays don't bother me one bit and I am more than satisfied with the updates you give us. I'd rather your final product be late and perfect than on time and half-assed. Looking forward to a happy new year!
Old 12/5/06, 12:25 AM
Legacy Tms Member

It just irks me... and I have work to do, so the little time I do have to surf the web, I end up busy trying to answer tech issues as best as possible, and that's the thanks I get for it. Then I end up so wound up that I want to unload with both barrels on the guy, but I know better. Like I said, I just brought the facts into the discussion, and let's see what he brings back - more of nothing... and you wonder why vendors / suppliers don't want to ever say anything in a public forum - there's the answer right there.
Old 12/5/06, 07:33 AM
Cobra Member

smack down to that idiot in the other forum! Marcello, you are always welcome here!
Old 12/5/06, 09:19 AM
GT Member

I have ordered these as well and I can not wait to get mine!!
Old 12/5/06, 09:29 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do us a favor and stay safe over there, and thank you for doing what it takes ! There are plenty of us over here that appreciate your efforts over there, and I mean that as sincerely as possible. I just hope you guys can get the job done so that my kids don't have to grow up worrying about the stuff we are dealing with currently. When you get back stateside, let me know, there will be a cold beverage of your choice waiting for you! (and no, I'm happily married, so no funny stuff!! ) !

Glad to be doing business w/ a guy like Marcello. Look forward to the louvers.

Oh, and please don't hate all us Torch Red guys because of one idiot. The police already do that.
Old 12/7/06, 02:02 PM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL, not me - I like all the colors on the car. Heck, you want attention? Try driving our white 05 around town, the black F350 that has the same decal package, or pulling the 32' trailer that is a giant version of the other 2 !! We just got the trailer back with the rocker panel stripe, it really finished the look... that and we changed the haulmark logo to a something a little more appropriate for a racing trailer

Update - the mold guys are pushing this right up to the deadline for PRI - they may not have a sample to me until Tuesday or Wednesday, although they asked when does the show actually open... yikes, nothing like last minute, eh? But we are expecting to have at least a couple "first run" pieces to handle / play with at PRI, so that will be a lot nicer than answering why is it molded in red to everyone there

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass