GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/06, 04:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Granatelli
I am not sure why you have such a problem with the numbers I have made it very clear that I quote the numbers as they come in. The numbers in our advertisements are GENERAL. If we say 20hp that means 18 to 22. Is everyone that buys our product going to make the same power every time? NO

Here is a dyno test on a virgin 2006 Mustang with 1200 miles on it. Baselined as stock as can be and then just a cold air installed. Once again the entire process was video taped so the link will be up shortly – Here is the dyno sheet

29hp and 24ft/lbs increase - Again the custom sat there and watched the entire process like a hawk. These number seemed high to me but we back to back'd it and they held up. As you will see in the video, the car in stone stock form was a pig rich 9.8 to one from 4500 to 6000. Our tune keeps the car at a smooth WOT of 12 to 1
Wonder what conspiracy theory he'll use now
Old 8/11/06, 04:25 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 8/12/06, 08:03 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
And all I'm asking of you..Is to show me or point out these inconsistent claims..Where does he say the 23.7 extra HP. was made by his CAI/MAF/TB ? and then just his CAI/MAF ?? unless I overlooked something..I just don't see it.. So point it out to me..That's all I ask..
Here you go:

Granatelli claims 23.7 hp was made with his CAI/MAF/TB in Post #3. Posts #1 & #2 provide the background for Post #3. Posts #1 & #2 are at the bottom of page 4 in this string, and Post #3 is at the top of page 5.

In Post #4 he claims that the 23.7 hp was made using just his CAI/MAF. This post is at the top of page 6 in this string.

Post #1
Joe, can you let us know, at what RPM range, were the 23.7hp and 9ft/lbs posted on the dyno results..Thanks
I still don't have the dyno computer up but stock was 259.8 @ 5500rpm and 279.1 @ 4000 on torque. With our parts in place - 283.5 at 6100 and 288.1 @ 4000

Post #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTRedfire
Was that just the CAI, or was that the CAI and the throttle body?

Post #3
CAI and T-body

Post #4
Quote:
2. How much HP can be expected with a CAI & your MAS. – 23hp and 9ft/lbs
Old 8/12/06, 08:49 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

I am not sure why you have such a problem with the numbers I have made it very clear that I quote the numbers as they come in. The numbers in our advertisements are GENERAL. If we say 20hp that means 18 to 22. Is everyone that buys our product going to make the same power every time? NO

Here is a dyno test on a virgin 2006 Mustang with 1200 miles on it. Baselined as stock as can be and then just a cold air installed. Once again the entire process was video taped so the link will be up shortly – Here is the dyno sheet

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5...ciaonlywa9.jpg

29hp and 24ft/lbs increase - Again the custom sat there and watched the entire process like a hawk. These number seemed high to me but we back to back'd it and they held up. As you will see in the video, the car in stone stock form was a pig rich 9.8 to one from 4500 to 6000. Our tune keeps the car at a smooth WOT of 12 to 1
I fully understand that dyno numbers will vary even if the runs are performed on identical engines with identical mods under identical conditions due to the slight manufacturing and assembly differences in each engine.
However, it's not the variation of the numbers from different dyno runs that I'm questioning. I'm questioning why you made blatant contradictory claims on how 23.7 hp was produced from a single dyno run on one engine(See my post prior to this one for the details.). As a wary consumer, I (and I'm sure others) become extremely suspicious whenever something's amiss with a supplier's claim about his product(s).
And so, I'm simply asking you for a direct answer to that single issue.

BTW, knowing that anything can be typed into a dyno sheet's 'Comments' section, was the 29 hp and 24 ft-lb. gain produced with or without your TB?
Old 8/14/06, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

It just so happens a guy that lives 4 doors down from me just got an 07 GT (my Shelby will be here next Friday - just a side note ) He said I could Monkey with it this weekend. - I know for sure the Calibration for the 07 will be no big deal. Thanks for the props - I am sorry about the mix up - Again the billet brace works on the 07 or you can try our motor mounts

$75.00

I will make you a special deal - I support the guys that support me - and protect my kids. I still want that helicopter ride. Will they really go up side down?
JR,

PM Sent in regard to the CAI. Also, Jim's install procedure for the Granatelli Single STB worked great, and it now clears the Ford Engine Cover on my 2007.
Old 8/14/06, 05:16 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,790 Posts
After looking over the latest dyno results, I'm now somewhat confused..If I'm not mistaken, the original results were 23.7 additional HP. and an additional 9ft.lbs Torque.. Now all of a sudden those numbers have increased to 28.2 additional HP. and 24.1 lbs. Torque.. Therefore let me get this straight..Are you trying to claim that just you're CAI/MAS w/no tune provide the very same HP and Torque increases, as a cold air kit with a re-flash ?? Because if you are..I find that very difficult to accept..
Old 8/14/06, 05:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the 2007 CAI ready yet?
Old 8/14/06, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Is the 2007 CAI ready yet?
They called me today and said it was, so hopefully I will be getting the updated MAF Sensor and harness this week. I attempted the first 2007 install a few weeks ago, and that is when we discovered that changes had to be made for the 07's. They got some really good gains on their test 2007--like 27hp, but I'm sure JR will post the actual numbers.
Old 8/14/06, 08:03 PM
GT Member

This is a copy from what I posted on one of the other threads:

First, while new to TMS, I've been following along since 3/12 when I learned I could order an "07..which I did 3/20, delivered 7/20 (See Blue Oval Forums under Order Tracking) "07GT Coupe, 5 spd, 355's".

Got introd to GMS looking for a Tower Strut Brace that would fit the GT package with engine cover...called when I saw the postings saying it woudn't fit...had also read about the CAI/MAF set-up, and was asked by GMS if I was willing to drive 60 miles north to Oxnard...I said yes.

Had never talked to or met JR.....he has clearly grown up and kept up with automotive performance. He is an honorable businessman with a clean shop and superb staff. (I am in the retained executive search business, and have visited hundreds if busineses and interviewed thousands of people) Other than 2 pit stops I was with JR for nearly 7 hours...he would not go near the Dyno to check resulrs without insisting I shadow him.

You will see the results nearly mirror those posted above for an '06...as HarleyBill found, this is a great set-up, and you can feel the performance.

JR will have to post the results....I have copies @ home (still in the office)
Old 8/15/06, 09:54 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

JR,

Since you have not responded to my latest post in this string, then I can only surmise that you were purposely attempting to mislead us.
Old 8/15/06, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Blitz,

Throttle response improvement too?
Old 8/15/06, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ski
JR,

Since you have not responded to my latest post in this string, then I can only surmise that you were purposely attempting to mislead us.
Personally I think he is just tired of saying the same old thing over and over again which seems to go over some peoples heads. I know I almost hate to read this post anymore and I'm not him. He has made so many statements on this that no wonder he might have added or forgotten something in one of them. When he did the recap in the BIG RED LETTERS, that should be what you base your numbers on. IF you can even get CLOSE to these numbers then the price beats the crap out of the other units (only due to the tune not being necessary). He posted results, you have testimony of people that have actually gone to him and I can verify that the stuff is hot. Yes, I know I don't have a dyno but I can feel the difference (that's what counts) and it's not just a 10 or 15 HP pickup. Throttle response and pickup are MUCH better. Even the sound is better. Bottom Line: This is a quality unit, fairly priced and top notch Customer Service (read about some of these other vendors that never get back to the customer). I'm glad I bought the unit, runs great, even have the mufflers that still sound good and no more drone(Borla). I'm beginning to think some of you work for a competitor?? Maybe?
Old 8/15/06, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by harleybill
Personally I think he is just tired of saying the same old thing over and over again which seems to go over some peoples heads. I know I almost hate to read this post anymore and I'm not him. He has made so many statements on this that no wonder he might have added or forgotten something in one of them. When he did the recap in the BIG RED LETTERS, that should be what you base your numbers on. IF you can even get CLOSE to these numbers then the price beats the crap out of the other units (only due to the tune not being necessary). He posted results, you have testimony of people that have actually gone to him and I can verify that the stuff is hot. Yes, I know I don't have a dyno but I can feel the difference (that's what counts) and it's not just a 10 or 15 HP pickup. Throttle response and pickup are MUCH better. Even the sound is better. Bottom Line: This is a quality unit, fairly priced and top notch Customer Service (read about some of these other vendors that never get back to the customer). I'm glad I bought the unit, runs great, even have the mufflers that still sound good and no more drone(Borla). I'm beginning to think some of you work for a competitior?? Maybe?
I can't believe some people still don't want to believe this. I will agree with harley 100%. This system, right now, is the best CAI that you can get for the 05+ Mustang GT in my opinion. The gains are incredible, and the sound is sweet. If you're still having problems reading the dyno numbers, then try cleaning the window on your stomach.
Old 8/15/06, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AFChief
Blitz,

Throttle response improvement too?
In my opinion, yes...and it sounds great as well!
Old 8/15/06, 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

He is responding on one of the other threads, located here.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...t=49471&page=7
Old 8/15/06, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

Well, the best "CAI" is still up in the air for the JLT and C&L, but I suppose the GMS unit is somewhere up there.

-Dan
Old 8/15/06, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cleveland
Well, the best "CAI" is still up in the air for the JLT and C&L, but I suppose the GMS unit is somewhere up there.

-Dan
You HAVE to include this unit as one of the tops...Your spending 300.00 + for what is basically going to cost you 700.00 for most other units that are just adding a tuner, not to mention the hassle of getting another tune every time you upgrade something (and voiding warranty). You also really need to go to a shop that specializes in tuning and have them dyno you to fully utalize the system (again, not all cars being equal, not all tunes are going to benefit everybody equally). I think we all agree that the other units are also of great quality. You just have to give this dog it's due for the simple purpose of cost per performance increase (best bang for the buck). Is the extra 3-4 hundred bucks worth the difference in claims between the units?
Old 8/15/06, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the extra 3-4 hundred bucks worth the difference in claims between the units?
Yes... because having a handheld tuner is a key to many other mods besides a CAI. Even something simple like changing tire diameter or rear gears requires a tuner to recalibrate the speedo. And you can't even get a dyno tune without one. So why not do it right the first time?
Old 8/15/06, 04:03 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

Personally I think he is just tired of saying the same old thing over and over again which seems to go over some peoples heads.
People tire quickly when they have to scramble around for a straight and honest answer.

He has made so many statements on this that no wonder he might have added or forgotten something in one of them.
If he's as intelligent as some people claim, then he should be able to pick the fly s..t out of the pepper.

When he did the recap in the BIG RED LETTERS, that should be what you base your numbers on.
How can anyone base their numbers on that claim when the supplier himself directly contradicts it with another claim?

Yes, I know I don't have a dyno but I can feel the difference (that's what counts) and it's not just a 10 or 15 HP pickup.
That's the first I've heard of anyone who can 'feel' the difference between 15 hp and 23 hp.

I'm beginning to think some of you work for a competitior?? Maybe?
Not in this corner. I'm just trying to prevent people from fulfilling the proverb "There's a sucker born every minute."
Old 8/15/06, 04:05 PM
ski
Bullitt Member

After looking over the latest dyno results, I'm now somewhat confused..If I'm not mistaken, the original results were 23.7 additional HP. and an additional 9ft.lbs Torque.. Now all of a sudden those numbers have increased to 28.2 additional HP. and 24.1 lbs. Torque.. Therefore let me get this straight..Are you trying to claim that just you're CAI/MAS w/no tune provide the very same HP and Torque increases, as a cold air kit with a re-flash ?? Because if you are..I find that very difficult to accept..
Looks like someone else has also seen the light.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???