Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/22, 05:56 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
It's such a strange sensation, in a normal automatic you don't notice it, but in this dual clutch setup it's the same feeling you get when you are down shifting, but it's doing it by itself. I only have a hundred or so miles with it, but it's such a weird sensation to feel it doing the downshift and you're not doing it. It's going to take me a while to get used to it.

As far as the other shifts go, it's amazing, my goodness it's unreal when you stand on it, and you don't really notice under regular upshifts.

I have to admit, this is the first car I've ever had that was much faster than I expected it to be. The 11 GT500 was fast right off the bat, but it wasn't as fast as I expected, I guess because of the other built cars I had.

This freaking thing is brutal, scary fast after 7 years of regular cars. I haven't even turned everything up to 11 yet, all nannies on etc. And it shook me up the several times I got on it for 5 -6 seconds or so. Left my hands and feet shaking from nerves and adrenaline. This is a fast freaking car.
I’m sure it won’t take you long to get used to!
Originally Posted by Stage_3
That's excellent news!!!
Congrats!!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Just an FYI, If you Have No Need of the Tow Package Not an Issue. If you are Wanting a Tow Package After the Fact Just Be Aware it Can Be a Major Nightmare! At Least That was My Experience at The Dealer Before I Retired 4 Years ago on the Newer Vehicles!

Just a Heads Up For You and Others When Dealing With Adding On After the Fact. It Just Seems to get More & More Problematic as They Become More and More Electronic Featured And Salesman Love to Say You Can Add on Stuff Later without Bothering to Check and Come to Find Out it's a Mess! And Then it Get's Dumped on Parts & Service to Make It Work! Been There Too Many Times!

Other Than That Congrats on the New Vehicle!

KC
We heard that about the aftermarket hitches which is why I had tow on the original order I gave him back in the early summer when they anticipated the order banks opening in August….with the hopes Ford would have their crap together and minimal constraints but that clearly hasn’t happened yet! It’s not a necessity as we have a tow vehicle. Just thought it may come in handy to move utility trailers around if the dually is hooked up to something else so I am fine without it.

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 12/8/22 at 06:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 08GTCandyApple:
05stangkc (12/8/22), Stage_3 (12/9/22)
Old 12/17/22, 02:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Cold dry air and cold pavement make this one nasty, rowdy handful of car. Scared me once today 😂

The following 3 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
edumspeed (2/17/23), shaneyusa (12/19/22), Stage_3 (12/18/22)
Old 12/17/22, 06:14 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,342 Posts
@Rather B.Blown

My Gt-500 is The Same Way! I can Only Imagine At your Horsepower Level it's Twice the Terror! I think I have Finally Resolved I Don't Need Anymore Than 500 Horsepower. It way Always More, More and More. These Days, I'm Content with what I got!

Hydroplaning in the Rain is a Must Miss as Well! Cruise Control & High Horsepower in the Rain Can Hurt you Quick Too! Got Trained the First time I drove in a Drizzle. Eagle F-1's Are Not Cold Wet Weather Tires For Sure!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/17/22 at 06:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (12/19/22)
Old 12/17/22, 06:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Scared me pretty good, thank God for these monsters, 🤣
The following 4 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
08GTCandyApple (12/19/22), edumspeed (2/17/23), shaneyusa (12/19/22), Stage_3 (12/18/22)
Old 12/17/22, 06:25 PM
The Analog Admin!

Hell, Those Would Stop 3 Cars if Needed!

Enjoy That car! Something Tells me we are Peaking Again Like in 71 & Then Cars Got Slow & Funky!

We are Having Way Too Much Fun & Good times Just Never Seem to Last!

They are Already Getting Ready to Put Speed Limiters on Cars in The U.K. Tells on You if you Speed! Surely we Will Get hit with This Big Brother Garbage Soon Enough!

https://www.confused.com/car-insuran...ry-on-new-cars

KC
Old 12/17/22, 07:46 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

We probably will Kevin, it's going downhill quickly here. If we already had it they would have already locked me up today, 😂

Know what you mean, my 11 gt500 was really quick, but those F1 tires were hit and miss depending on the weather. Never drove it in the rain but I have had it come unglued and get sideways instantly in 3rd gear when cold out and boost was really coming in, getting on the interstate no less.

Brown trouser moments for sure. I haven't gotten on this one in anything but normal so far and it reins it in pretty good, just a little wiggle left and right in the rear. No idea what it's going to do when I turn everything off and crank it to eleven, 😆
Old 12/18/22, 08:08 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Cold dry air and cold pavement make this one nasty, rowdy handful of car. Scared me once today 😂
She is beautiful Lee!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Stage_3:
m05fastbackGT (12/18/22), shaneyusa (12/19/22)
Old 12/18/22, 03:00 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,788 Posts
I'm with Tony!
Stage_3 (12/19/22)
Old 12/19/22, 10:26 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts
And I will agree with you guys, awesome car!
Stage_3 (12/19/22)
Old 12/19/22, 05:24 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
I finally got a chance to snag some new trim for my center console and dash vents! One of the previous owners of this car went a little overboard on the spray paint, and did every piece of trim in red. He also didn't do a great job, as it was bubbling, cracking, and most importantly, not even the right shade of red to match the dang car! So between $120 for brand new steering wheel trim, and another $100 worth of freshly pulled junkyard trim, I've finally got the interior this thing was supposed to have. It's like driving a whole different machine, I've hated the (wrong) red since the first moment I ever opened the door of this car. I was on the dealership lot, opened the door and just went "well F***" as soon as I saw it. But at least I knew I could fix it, it was only cosmetic, and it was probably a large reason why the car sat on the lot long enough for me to get down there 4 months after the ad had been posted.

The people with the keenest of eyes will notice the headlight switch too.

The following 4 users liked this post by mustangGT90210:
m05fastbackGT (12/20/22), shaneyusa (12/19/22), Siber Express (12/20/22), Stage_3 (12/20/22)
Old 12/19/22, 06:38 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts
Looks soooo much better with the Stock color and chrome!!!!
Stage_3 (12/20/22)
Old 12/19/22, 06:58 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
That looks so much better without all of that red, Sean. I firmly believe sometimes less is more. I did put in a red shift **** though but that’s as far as I went with red.

Old 12/19/22, 08:22 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Stage_3
She is beautiful Lee!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I'm with Tony!
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
And I will agree with you guys, awesome car!
Thanks y'all.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
shaneyusa (12/26/22), Stage_3 (12/20/22)
Old 12/20/22, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I finally got a chance to snag some new trim for my center console and dash vents! One of the previous owners of this car went a little overboard on the spray paint, and did every piece of trim in red. He also didn't do a great job, as it was bubbling, cracking, and most importantly, not even the right shade of red to match the dang car! So between $120 for brand new steering wheel trim, and another $100 worth of freshly pulled junkyard trim, I've finally got the interior this thing was supposed to have. It's like driving a whole different machine, I've hated the (wrong) red since the first moment I ever opened the door of this car. I was on the dealership lot, opened the door and just went "well F***" as soon as I saw it. But at least I knew I could fix it, it was only cosmetic, and it was probably a large reason why the car sat on the lot long enough for me to get down there 4 months after the ad had been posted.

The people with the keenest of eyes will notice the headlight switch too.

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
That looks so much better without all of that red, Sean. I firmly believe sometimes less is more. I did put in a red shift **** though but that’s as far as I went with red.

Agreed with all above! Looks much better and like stock again.. There's was just way too much red which drew more attention towards the trim panels rather than the dash itself... In other words, all those red trim panels were just way overkill for my liking...

Thanks y'all.
Anytime

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 12/20/22 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12/20/22, 01:23 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,730 Posts
I love red but cmon that was over the top much better!
Stage_3 (12/20/22)
Old 12/22/22, 04:54 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
I couldn't agree more! It's amazing how different it feels from the driver seat as well. Like I'm driving a whole different car.
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

I've been going back and forth on shift ***** for months. Mine has that big aluminum **** on it, which looks great, but I see all the old Grabber Pony ***** and start thinking... Sometimes I wish it would have had the lame base model ****, because it would make choosing one really easy lol
Agreed with all above! Looks much better and like stock again.. There's was just way too much red which drew more attention towards the trim panels rather than the dash itself... In other words, all those red trim panels were just way overkill for my liking...
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I love red but cmon that was over the top much better!
Just way over the top! I realized when I was posting the pictures, that in my 8 months of ownership, I had never snapped a picture of the interior. It didn't help that the steering wheel trim had also been painted red, and then had a steering wheel cover placed on top, which rubber off like half the paint. It was just embarrassing, I can be proud of the interior now!

Now it's just time to fight my inner demons and not go searching for factory Recaro seats
Old 12/22/22, 08:14 PM
The Analog Admin!

Just an Fyi in Shifter *****. In my Gt-500 I tried the Ford Racing Shifter & Ball Early on & Did not Care for it. It Transferred Vibration From the Trans Unlike the Rubber Insulated Stock Shifter and With My Arthritis The Shifter **** which was on the Small Side would Cause my Hand to Cramp up Pretty Quick. But I Like the Shift Ball vs Stock **** so I found a Larger Diameter **** on Ebay and Had it Threaded to the Stock Shifter and Later Found the Boot Insert to Tie it Altogether. I can Drive so much more Comfortably now With That Setup. Just an FYI for Older Folks Still Hanging on to the Manual and Looking for Any Tips on Comfort! Knees are ok For the Clutch in the Gt-500 But I Imagine if I was still Driving a Cast Iron 4 Speed in an Old 70's Mopar that might be a Stretch!

KC

Recaro Seats! Uh Oh! I think a Few of You Guys are Looking for Those!

@mustangGT90210

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...7/#post7072292

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/22/22 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12/22/22, 10:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Just an Fyi in Shifter *****. In my Gt-500 I tried the Ford Racing Shifter & Ball Early on & Did not Care for it. It Transferred Vibration From the Trans Unlike the Rubber Insulated Stock Shifter and With My Arthritis The Shifter **** which was on the Small Side would Cause my Hand to Cramp up Pretty Quick. But I Like the Shift Ball vs Stock **** so I found a Larger Diameter **** on Ebay and Had it Threaded to the Stock Shifter and Later Found the Boot Insert to Tie it Altogether. I can Drive so much more Comfortably now With That Setup. Just an FYI for Older Folks Still Hanging on to the Manual and Looking for Any Tips on Comfort! Knees are ok For the Clutch in the Gt-500 But I Imagine if I was still Driving a Cast Iron 4 Speed in an Old 70's Mopar that might be a Stretch!

KC

Recaro Seats! Uh Oh! I think a Few of You Guys are Looking for Those!

@mustangGT90210

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...7/#post7072292
My 08 Shelby GT had the hurst shifter in it, and it would rattle and vibrate like crazy in 2nd and third gear when it was cold out, or the first 20 -30 minutes til it got warmed up. Super annoying.
Old 12/23/22, 02:22 PM

My 08 Shelby GT had the hurst shifter in it, and it would rattle and vibrate like crazy in 2nd and third gear when it was cold out, or the first 20 -30 minutes til it got warmed up. Super annoying.
Still have the Hurst short throw on my "06" GT... It is indeed very annoying whenever it rattles... Despite never driving my Mustang in cold weather, the Hurst shifter always end up rattling at highway speeds when in 5th gear... Still cant figure out to this day the reason
Old 12/23/22, 05:09 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Still have the Hurst short throw on my "06" GT... It is indeed very annoying whenever it rattles... Despite never driving my Mustang in cold weather, the Hurst shifter always end up rattling at highway speeds when in 5th gear... Still cant figure out to this day the reason
I don't know which one was in it, it was the one Shelby put in it during the conversion. I loved the throw and how it shifted, but at 2-4 k rpm it would rattle in second especially from new, especially when cold out. Drove me crazy, I can't stand a rattle or vibration in a car.

My new one has a vibration buzz/rattle somewhere in the rear seat area when exhaust is in track mode, but only around 1500 rpm, like resonance from the exhaust, sounds like 2 pieces of plastic grinding together. Something in the interior. Haven't been able to look for it yet, only got a 150 miles on it and it's cold out.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast