Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/22, 06:12 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,862 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I scored some Brembo package wheels

They've been professionally painted black by the PO, I've ordered some touch up paint to clean up the chips. Came with tires and TPMS sensors too! Of course, I'll be swapping the brand new tires off my old wheels to these, then listing the old wheels for sale wrapped in these god awful run-flats. If everything works out, I'll have managed to swap wheels for nearly free. And gotten the wheels I had been looking for the entire time!
Good Score! TRADING For FREE IS HOT RODDING AT ITS FINEST!

KC
Old 9/1/22, 06:21 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Good Score! TRADING For FREE IS HOT RODDING AT ITS FINEST!

KC
Trading for free, wheeling and dealing, it's the only way to do anything vehicle related lol

I got these for $525. Tires, wheels, center caps, sensors. I swapped my center caps into these and will put the black painted caps with my OEM wheels when I sell them. Only thing I'm wondering, is if I'll make more money by selling the tires and wheels separate or not... It worked for my F150. Bought a set of OEM 20's for $200, replaced a set of tires for a customer and ended up with some take-offs laying around with 5/32nds that fit the 20s, then sold the factory 17s for $250, and the 17" tires for $100!

Last edited by mustangGT90210; 9/1/22 at 06:23 PM.
Old 9/1/22, 06:31 PM

Trading for free, wheeling and dealing, it's the only way to do anything vehicle related lol

I got these for $525. Tires, wheels, center caps, sensors. I swapped my center caps into these and will put the black painted caps with my OEM wheels when I sell them. Only thing I'm wondering, is if I'll make more money by selling the tires and wheels separate or not... It worked for my F150. Bought a set of OEM 20's for $200, replaced a set of tires for a customer and ended up with some take-offs laying around with 5/32nds that fit the 20s, then sold the factory 17s for $250, and the 17" tires for $100!
I will Say One Thing Less Chance of Damage to the Rims if you Sell with Tires and Have to Ship. But of Course More $$$ to Ship. Ford Parts was the Worst for Wheel Packaging. I clearly Remember the Sound Of Metal Hitting the Concrete From UPS when I ordered Wheels From Ford What a Waste. One Time I think I got 7 Damaged 19' Mustang Wheels. Took Forever to get a Complete Set! Don't Dismount till The Deal is Done if you Want Options. Just Saying!

KC
Old 9/1/22, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I will Say One Thing Less Chance of Damage to the Rims if you Sell with Tires and Have to Ship. But of Course More $$$ to Ship. Ford Parts was the Worst for Wheel Packaging. I clearly Remember the Sound Of Metal Hitting the Concrete From UPS when I ordered Wheels From Ford What a Waste. One Time I think I got 7 Damaged 19' Mustang Wheels. Took Forever to get a Complete Set! Don't Dismount till The Deal is Done if you Want Options. Just Saying!

KC
If you think wheels are bad, you should how these LED headlamp assemblies show up. Backordered, finally show up, damaged. Repeat. Last Nautilus I did, it took 3 tries before a headlight housing showed up with all the mounting ears still attached...

Anyways, I don't ship these things. I just throw them up on FB marketplace and let the world do its thing. I'm in the Tampa Bay area, so there is no shortage of Mustang owners around here!
Old 9/1/22, 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=mustangGT90210;7069991]If you think wheels are bad, you should how these LED headlamp assemblies show up. Backordered, finally show up, damaged. Repeat. Last Nautilus I did, it took 3 tries before a headlight housing showed up with all the mounting ears still attached...

Anyways, I don't ship these things. I just throw them up on FB marketplace and let the world do its thing. I'm in the Tampa Bay area, so there is no shortage of Mustang owners around here![/QUOTE

When I was a Parts Manager I had the Packager on Speed Dial. Got a Few Things Fixed. You Would Think after enough Damage Claims They Would Wise up But NOOOO you Had to Call the Packager and They Would Swear The Had Not Heard Anything About Damaged Parts! Typical Ford! Right Hand Did Not Know What the Left Was Doing!

KC
Old 9/7/22, 10:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

They've been professionally painted black by the PO, I've ordered some touch up paint to clean up the chips. Came with tires and TPMS sensors too! Of course, I'll be swapping the brand new tires off my old wheels to these, then listing the old wheels for sale wrapped in these god awful run-flats. If everything works out, I'll have managed to swap wheels for nearly free. And gotten the wheels I had been looking for the entire time!
Nice!
Old 9/7/22, 04:39 PM

Update to my new wheels saga, today I got the terrible run flats off them, and swapped over my basically brand new Goodyears. It's so nice to have my car, feel like my car again. Those run flat Dunlops (in the picture up there even) made it feel like I was riding on bare wheels. It actually hurt to hit bumps in the road!

A little googling says those dunlops retail for $556 per tire, with 10/32nds of tread. Mine have 5/32nds, maybe I should ask for more than the $100/set I was thinking...
Old 9/7/22, 05:59 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Seems to make sense IMHO! Meanwhile, congrats on the new Goodyears.
Old 9/8/22, 02:31 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts

Really nice, Sean! That looks so much better IMO!
Old 9/8/22, 07:23 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Very sharp looking!
Old 9/14/22, 08:19 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Well I watched the Stampede introduction to our 7th generation pony tonight. It looks pretty awesome and the Darkhorse version looks menacing.
Old 9/14/22, 08:45 PM

Yea! Same here.. I can just imagine how jacked GM and Mopar are right now after announcing the "24" Camaro will be the last for Chevy and the last for the internal combustion engine for the Challenger and Charger from Mopar respectively

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 9/14/22 at 08:47 PM.
Old 9/15/22, 06:48 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Well I watched the Stampede introduction to our 7th generation pony tonight. It looks pretty awesome and the Darkhorse version looks menacing.
I didn't watch the intro but feeds are covered and I see nothing but negative comments...can't please everyone but speaking from experience, I complained about the S550 when I first saw it....yet I went out and bought one in '20. They grow on you.

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Yea! Same here.. I can just imagine how jacked GM and Mopar are right now after announcing the "24" Camaro will be the last for Chevy and the last for the internal combustion engine for the Challenger and Charger from Mopar respectively
It's not the first time those two have given up only to be stomped in sales and bring performance cars back. When their koolaid finally wears off and they realize that EV is NOT the way...they'll come back again. The Big push for EV is to line pockets...follow the money! Nobody is talking about the envirnmental fallout, dangers to first responders, tow companies, etc, etc...lack of range, reality of NO savings when you have to pay so much for the illusion of saving money, replacement battery costs, etc, etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by svopaul:
edumspeed (9/17/22), m05fastbackGT (9/15/22)
Old 9/15/22, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by svopaul
I didn't watch the intro but feeds are covered and I see nothing but negative comments...can't please everyone but speaking from experience, I complained about the S550 when I first saw it....yet I went out and bought one in '20. They grow on you.

It's not the first time those two have given up only to be stomped in sales and bring performance cars back. When their koolaid finally wears off and they realize that EV is NOT the way...they'll come back again. The Big push for EV is to line pockets...follow the money! Nobody is talking about the envirnmental fallout, dangers to first responders, tow companies, etc, etc...lack of range, reality of NO savings when you have to pay so much for the illusion of saving money, replacement battery costs, etc, etc.
Sure hope your right about this Paul? Personally, there's just too many unknown factors about EV technology that we still don't know about, and IMHO its still way too soon to push EV into the mainstream until the technology is fully perfected, in regards to addressing the lack of range and also fully addressing the potential fallout risks towards the environment as well
Old 9/16/22, 06:50 AM
Service Manager

Sure hope your right about this Paul? Personally, there's just too many unknown factors about EV technology that we still don't know about, and IMHO its still way too soon to push EV into the mainstream until the technology is fully perfected, in regards to addressing the lack of range and also fully addressing the potential fallout risks towards the environment as well
California was struggling with the grid before this push...Ohio has had trouble this year with demand on the grid. Even a caveman can see the problem on the horizon but our elected officials are dumber than a caveman(look up "Guam capsize" on youtube). . But what people in CA don't realize is that with an EV they have given up total control....grid stressed? Big brother can just turn off your EV and stop you from charging. This recently happened with smart thermostats somewhere...think it was Colorado but I could be mistaken. Electric vehicle fires can take 3000 gallons and 24 hours to extinguish a fire....but nobody is talking about that...
The following 3 users liked this post by svopaul:
edumspeed (9/17/22), NC14GT (9/20/22), shaneyusa (9/21/22)
Old 9/16/22, 06:12 PM

California was struggling with the grid before this push...Ohio has had trouble this year with demand on the grid. Even a caveman can see the problem on the horizon but our elected officials are dumber than a caveman(look up "Guam capsize" on youtube). . But what people in CA don't realize is that with an EV they have given up total control....grid stressed? Big brother can just turn off your EV and stop you from charging. This recently happened with smart thermostats somewhere...think it was Colorado but I could be mistaken. Electric vehicle fires can take 3000 gallons and 24 hours to extinguish a fire....but nobody is talking about that...
Just as you said, it's our elected officials who are pushing EV's down our throats, but yet as you also pointed out, they don't bother to tell anyone the potential risks to the environment nor mention anything about the increased safety risks due to potential electric vehicle fires in the event of a collision or from a malfunction.. Then of course, the question remains, how is the average person going to be able to afford the cost of purchase and then cost of ownership when the time comes to service components or in the worst case scenario, end up having to replace the batteries, depending of course if they'll even be replaceable and at what cost

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 9/16/22 at 06:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (9/20/22)
Old 9/18/22, 01:04 PM
Service Manager

Just as you said, it's our elected officials who are pushing EV's down our throats, but yet as you also pointed out, they don't bother to tell anyone the potential risks to the environment nor mention anything about the increased safety risks due to potential electric vehicle fires in the event of a collision or from a malfunction.. Then of course, the question remains, how is the average person going to be able to afford the cost of purchase and then cost of ownership when the time comes to service components or in the worst case scenario, end up having to replace the batteries, depending of course if they'll even be replaceable and at what cost
The answer is Subsidies!! Just like they have done recently offering a $7500 subsidy to purchase an EV...the Government most generously uses taxpayer money to help you buy that new EV. As far as costs of ownership down the road? You are on your own and the general popluation is too stupid to factor that in or even think that far down the road. We are starting to see reports of people dealing with these issues....
The following 2 users liked this post by svopaul:
m05fastbackGT (9/18/22), NC14GT (9/20/22)
Old 9/19/22, 12:28 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Eduardo, I hope you made out ok down there with Fiona!
The following users liked this post:
edumspeed (9/20/22)
Old 9/19/22, 12:52 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Eduardo, I hope you made out ok down there with Fiona!
Yes!
Old 9/20/22, 02:04 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,014 Likes on 630 Posts
Next Covid pandemic and no one can leave their home. Just watch.... Road trips?? "NOPE, we can't let you go due to grid stress. Maybe next year when we decide you can leave." Frightening yet a very real scenario if this continues..

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast