5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/14, 02:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
You mean Tasca.

Are you dealing with the Berlin location?
Hopefully not as they're not very mod friendly and may not have experience with Procals/TrackKeys. I'd recommend the RI location.
Old 8/24/14, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
Hopefully not as they're not very mod friendly and may not have experience with Procals/TrackKeys. I'd recommend the RI location.
Call Dennis, he runs the Mod Shop at Tasca in RI. He knows his S**T!!
Old 8/24/14, 04:31 PM
Len
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this question has been asked and answered but maybe someone has figured a work around to disable the lopey idle without going thru the annoyance of turning it off each time the car is started. It would have been nice if Ford Racing had given the option of not making it the default.
I like the launch control feature but the lopey idle is not for me.
Old 8/24/14, 04:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Len
I know this question has been asked and answered but maybe someone has figured a work around to disable the lopey idle without going thru the annoyance of turning it off each time the car is started. It would have been nice if Ford Racing had given the option of not making it the default.
I like the launch control feature but the lopey idle is not for me.
Have not heard of any way to turn lope idle off by default. Ford Racing says "no". It should be fairly simple using a micro controller. I would look into it because I don't care for it either however I think it affects more than just idle when stopped.

I would like to know it you have noticed any difference in off throttle engine / compression braking with lope idle turned off.
Old 8/24/14, 05:51 PM
Len
GT Member

Originally Posted by BBM3
Have not heard of any way to turn lope idle off by default. Ford Racing says "no". It should be fairly simple using a micro controller. I would look into it because I don't care for it either however I think it affects more than just idle when stopped.

I would like to know it you have noticed any difference in off throttle engine / compression braking with lope idle turned off.
I don't own it yet. My intention is to purchase it this week but I have concerns about the idle. I've read in this and other forums people complaining about the driveability from idle with the ghost tunes. Don't know how it is with the FRPP tune but it's not something I want. If it wasn't for the launch control feature I'd just go with the older FRPP tune which is supposed to be identical to the track cal except for the added features.

I don't understand FRPP not giving you a choice of making the idle the default or not.
Turning off lopey idle every time I start the car is not an option for me.
Old 8/24/14, 06:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Len
I don't own it yet. My intention is to purchase it this week but I have concerns about the idle. I've read in this and other forums people complaining about the driveability from idle with the ghost tunes. Don't know how it is with the FRPP tune but it's not something I want. If it wasn't for the launch control feature I'd just go with the older FRPP tune which is supposed to be identical to the track cal except for the added features.

I don't understand FRPP not giving you a choice of making the idle the default or not.
I noticed no issues what so ever with drivability from idle with the Trackey tune.
Old 8/24/14, 07:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Len

The TracKey or in your case Track Cal tune is awesome.
I am willing to bet the added features, HP/TQ, will far outweigh having to press a button for couple of seconds if you choose to turn lope idle off.

Turning Lope idle off takes no more time than putting your seatbelt on. It takes not much more time than unlocking a cell phone which I do dozens of times every day and the same thumb I use to deactivate Lope idle and unlock my cell phone feels none the worse for wear.
Old 8/25/14, 06:33 AM
GT Member

I use the lopey idle all the time. Just for the fun of it.
Old 8/25/14, 06:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by pminri

Call Dennis, he runs the Mod Shop at Tasca in RI. He knows his S**T!!
No doubt, one conversation with him and I'm ready to drive 1 1/2 hours for service!
Old 8/25/14, 08:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
No doubt, one conversation with him and I'm ready to drive 1 1/2 hours for service!
Yup. The only thing is he usually only answers email ( very quickly) very hard to reach him on the phone.

After they supercharged my friends GT, we met with him ( on his day off) and he hung out with us and Carl Tasca showing us Carl's Cobra Jet mustang.

Great bunch of guys who know what their doing!!

Tell him Pat with the DIB 14GT say hello and ill be down soon for mods.
Old 8/25/14, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

^ Nice, will do
Old 8/26/14, 02:29 PM
Len
GT Member

Originally Posted by BBM3
The TracKey or in your case Track Cal tune is awesome.
I am willing to bet the added features, HP/TQ, will far outweigh having to press a button for couple of seconds if you choose to turn lope idle off.

Turning Lope idle off takes no more time than putting your seatbelt on. It takes not much more time than unlocking a cell phone which I do dozens of times every day and the same thumb I use to deactivate Lope idle and unlock my cell phone feels none the worse for wear.
Thanks for the advice but I went with the non Track Cal FRPP tune. I felt that even though it's no big deal to turn lopey off I'd probably forget half the time but basically I just didn't want to deal with that. I know a lot of guys like the lopey tune but it's just not for me.

So I ordered the ProCal Sunday evening, FRPP sent it Monday and I got it today. I think they ship the K&N separately since it wasn't in the box with the ProCal. I installed it and immediately noticed the improved throttle response. Very nice. I went thru the gears a few times and it pulls really strong but I always thought the car was fast. Is it faster now? It might be and it certainly drives better. Temp today was about 85 and there was no ping at all. I have a JLT separator - don't know if that's the reason but there was no hint of ping with Octane Adjust set to "N".
When I get the K&N I'll install it and see if that makes any difference. I'm thinking it won't but it's either use it or ebay it.

I may call FRPP and ask if they sell the Track Cal on an SD card since I don't need another ProCal. If they do and the price is reasonable I might be interested in purchasing it. Then I could have Launch Control whenever I want it just by changing the tune.
Old 8/26/14, 11:19 PM

I would love to know how you got you Procal so fast? I placed my order for my Procal track version with Tasca Friday morning. I have not received anything yet. I called them today and they said they do not have them in stock. They have to get the filter and voucher from FRPP. Then ship it to me. Then I have to register the voucher with FRPP. FRPP will then send me the Procal. Not to mention that I will need to make an appointment with local dealer for the install. Had I known that I probably would have shopped elsewhere.

From all the posts that I have read. Everyone makes it sound like you have everything within 2 days of the time of order?
Old 8/27/14, 06:46 AM
Len
GT Member

Originally Posted by bullet3z
I would love to know how you got you Procal so fast? I placed my order for my Procal track version with Tasca Friday morning. I have not received anything yet. I called them today and they said they do not have them in stock. They have to get the filter and voucher from FRPP. Then ship it to me. Then I have to register the voucher with FRPP. FRPP will then send me the Procal. Not to mention that I will need to make an appointment with local dealer for the install. Had I known that I probably would have shopped elsewhere.

From all the posts that I have read. Everyone makes it sound like you have everything within 2 days of the time of order?
I ordered this http://tinyurl.com/oteewru over the weekend. They emailed me a voucher number on Sunday and i registered with FRPP the same day.
FRPP sent it via overnight on Monday and I received it Tuesday.
As far as I know the ProCal and K&N come directly from FRPP. In my case it appears the filter is sent seperately - I should have that today.
When you register with FRPP you may want to follow-up with them to make sure the registration went ok. When I didn't receive a confirm to my registration I called and although they had my info, the voucher number got screwed up. They fixed it immediately and sent it out that day.
Old 8/28/14, 09:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I went to the track last night. There where a few mustangs there. I meet a guy with a newly ordered 2014 GT track car.

He only had a K&N drop in filter and yes you guessed it a Track Key. Well I found out the the track key is worth way more than the cost.

He was consistently between .25 and .4 Seconds quicker than a Mustang with out one.

His times where in the 8.4 range. By the way he raced a 2014 New Vet. The vet won with a .01 win. These cars are fast.

The Mustang had street tires on.

Just thought you all would like to know what the track key does.

Last edited by Jazzman442; 8/28/14 at 09:11 AM.
Old 8/28/14, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Len
I ordered this http://tinyurl.com/oteewru over the weekend. They emailed me a voucher number on Sunday and i registered with FRPP the same day.
FRPP sent it via overnight on Monday and I received it Tuesday.
As far as I know the ProCal and K&N come directly from FRPP. In my case it appears the filter is sent seperately .
I called them back yesterday to confirm if they are doing it the right way. The parts guy did not seem very happy with me questioning the way they do it. He stated that they sell tons of the Procals and their way is the only way it is done. So he checked the order and they were not even going to receive the paperwork till today. Then they were going to mail the paperwork to me. So I could then register it with FRPP. Who would in turn ship the unit to me. Had I known the item was not in stock I would have shopped elsewhere.

Maybe FRPP could chime in on this and let me know what is the proper way to do this. Either way this will probably be my 1st and last order with the company that I ordered from.
Old 8/28/14, 01:19 PM

Typically you buy the kit from a Ford Racing dealer. When you receive the air filter there would be a voucher in the box to register for the Procal tool.

Some dealers pull the voucher out and email it to the customer so they can get the Procal tool the same time as the filter.
Old 8/28/14, 01:38 PM
Len
GT Member

Originally Posted by bullet3z
I called them back yesterday to confirm if they are doing it the right way. The parts guy did not seem very happy with me questioning the way they do it. He stated that they sell tons of the Procals and their way is the only way it is done. So he checked the order and they were not even going to receive the paperwork till today. Then they were going to mail the paperwork to me. So I could then register it with FRPP. Who would in turn ship the unit to me. Had I known the item was not in stock I would have shopped elsewhere.

Maybe FRPP could chime in on this and let me know what is the proper way to do this. Either way this will probably be my 1st and last order with the company that I ordered from.
You don't need any paper to get the unit. All you need is the voucher number to register it on FRPP's website. Attached is what I received via email. The voucher number was in the subject line of the email and is what I used to register my ProCal on Monday. When I received the K&N, a day after receiving the ProCal, it contained the hard copy of the voucher with the voucher number typed in.
You may want to call Tasca back and ask them for the number over the phone rather than wait for the mail. They've been around a long time and should be helpful.
Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013-voucher_form.jpg  
Old 8/28/14, 03:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Len
You don't need any paper to get the unit. All you need is the voucher number to register it on FRPP's website. Attached is what I received via email. The voucher number was in the subject line of the email and is what I used to register my ProCal on Monday. When I received the K&N, a day after receiving the ProCal, it contained the hard copy of the voucher with the voucher number typed in.
You may want to call Tasca back and ask them for the number over the phone rather than wait for the mail. They've been around a long time and should be helpful.
Good luck.
I received mine from Tasca without a voucher slip. I then called them, and they contacted Ford Racing who then gave them the voucher number. Then it was emailed to me.
Supposedly what happened is that Ford Racing shipped several out without the slips in them. At least that's what Tasca said.
Old 8/28/14, 03:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I went to the track last night. There where a few mustangs there. I meet a guy with a newly ordered 2014 GT track car.

He only had a K&N drop in filter and yes you guessed it a Track Key. Well I found out the the track key is worth way more than the cost.

He was consistently between .25 and .4 Seconds quicker than a Mustang with out one.

His times where in the 8.4 range. By the way he raced a 2014 New Vet. The vet won with a .01 win. These cars are fast.

The Mustang had street tires on.

Just thought you all would like to know what the track key does.
Thanks for the info. I personally love my Track key. And I am totally loving the Lopey idle. I have only used the stock key for a few days just to check out the ac issue. But totally use the track key all the **** time lol. Car runs so much better with it.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013