5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/15, 08:41 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,144 Likes on 820 Posts
Originally Posted by Springer200
There are no settings to change. (at least with the TracKey.)

I wouldn't worry - the car has knock sensors & can adjust the timing on its own. It can definitely adjust to compensate for two points of octane.

FYI - you may have been kidding, but don't put "jet fuel" or Av-gas, or any fuel not specifically formulated for automotive use in your car (or any car). There may be additives or significant differences in the fuel characteristics that could damage the engine or rubber/plastic components or the catalytic converters.
Thanks that is what I was wondering. Have read about the ProCal being put into a auto adjust mode rather than only allowing 93 octane.

LOL, Was a little tongue and cheek. Would never do the Jet Fuel without really looking into it. Not even sure where I would be able to get that. Just wanted to make the point that I have no idea how I would find 93 octane around here. Thanks for catching me though. Might have saved me from disaster...

Last edited by shaneyusa; 1/16/15 at 08:42 PM.
Old 1/21/15, 07:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
LOL, Was a little tongue and cheek. Would never do the Jet Fuel without really looking into it. Not even sure where I would be able to get that. Just wanted to make the point that I have no idea how I would find 93 octane around here. Thanks for catching me though. Might have saved me from disaster...
Yeah, I figured, but I wanted to make sure some punk-kid (LOL) reading this at some point in the future doesn't take it seriously and dump a bunch of his step-dad's Piper Cub fuel into his dad's Mustang one night...
Old 1/22/15, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
In the dealer instructions I've downloaded from FRPP, it describes an octane adjust procedure. I'm on mobile but I have attempted to attach a screenshot.
Attachment 167540

Edit: Download link for the pdf so you can see it yourself (page 12):

http://fordracingparts.com/download/...tomer_V1.0.pdf
Thanks
Old 1/24/15, 10:29 PM
V6 Member

[QUOTE=shaneyusa;6888781]Thanks that is what I was wondering. Have read about the ProCal being put into a auto adjust mode rather than only allowing 93 octane.

LOL, Was a little tongue and cheek. Would never do the Jet Fuel without really looking into it. Not even sure where I would be able to get that. Just wanted to make the point that I have no idea how I would find 93 octane around here. Thanks for catching me though. Might have saved
Attached Thumbnails Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013-image.jpg  

Last edited by SMOKE46; 1/24/15 at 10:36 PM.
Old 1/24/15, 10:35 PM
V6 Member

Thanks that is what I was wondering. Have read about the ProCal being put into a auto adjust mode rather than only allowing 93 octane.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013-image.jpg
Old 2/7/15, 01:30 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoping someone can answer this for me.
I picked up a used Procal 2 with the M-9603-mgtb tune\memory card(this does not include the launch control\lopey idle). Does anyone know what's involved in getting it switched\updated to my VIN and to the newer M-14204-MGTC(with launch control\lopey idle)?
Old 2/7/15, 07:51 PM

So now that the tune has been out for a while are there any regrets? Anyone wish they had gone with something else? Is there better options?

I have not found a local dealer who has done an install. How important is that? Should I look outside of my area?

As soon as the weather breaks, probably a month out or more, I am ready to get the Track Key installed. But, want to make sure that there weren't some got ya's out there.
Old 2/8/15, 08:27 AM
V6 Member

So now that the tune has been out for a while are there any regrets? Anyone wish they had gone with something else? Is there better options?

I have not found a local dealer who has done an install. How important is that? Should I look outside of my area?

As soon as the weather breaks, probably a month out or more, I am ready to get the Track Key installed. But, want to make sure that there weren't some got ya's out there.
I have no regrets what so ever on having the Trackey installed on my 2014 GT/CS. I have had absolutely no issues with it. It makes driving even more fun than before, It's a blast. The strange thing is that I now even enjoy sitting at stop lights with the lopey idle.
Old 2/9/15, 06:30 AM
Bullitt Member

So now that the tune has been out for a while are there any regrets? Anyone wish they had gone with something else? Is there better options? I have not found a local dealer who has done an install. How important is that? Should I look outside of my area? As soon as the weather breaks, probably a month out or more, I am ready to get the Track Key installed. But, want to make sure that there weren't some got ya's out there.
No regrets here!! I had the track key installed with the Corsa Extreme axel backs; freakin awesome!!

Check out for yourself. Let me know what you think. I have had anybody in my car that didn't have a grin from ear to ear. As previous post stated, car shakes awesome at red lights. Lol
Old 2/9/15, 08:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by greatone
I picked up a used Procal 2 with the M-9603-mgtb tune\memory card(this does not include the launch control\lopey idle). Does anyone know what's involved in getting it switched\updated to my VIN and to the newer M-14204-MGTC(with launch control\lopey idle)?
So I ended up speaking to Ford Racing tech support. No way to update the tune, even though I already have the procal tool and it's just a memory card that needs to be changed
Heads up for anyone else that buys a used M-9603-MGTB
Old 2/9/15, 08:41 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No regrets. Great fun. Makes the engine behave like a true sports car.
My dealer had not done an install previously and their computer tech guy had a lot of trouble doing it. Small dealer. They ate the extra time and charged me $100.
Old 2/9/15, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

So I ended up speaking to Ford Racing tech support. No way to update the tune, even though I already have the procal tool and it's just a memory card that needs to be changed
Is this because you are trying to switch the tune or because you're trying to switch the VIN?

The tune I can understand, they're different products. But if you can't switch the VIN then there's no sense in buying a used ProCal right?
Old 2/9/15, 10:43 AM
V6 Member

Is this because you are trying to switch the tune or because you're trying to switch the VIN?

The tune I can understand, they're different products. But if you can't switch the VIN then there's no sense in buying a used ProCal right?
I picked up a used procal with the older ford racing tune and wanted to update to the trackcal tune
Old 2/9/15, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I picked up a used procal with the older ford racing tune and wanted to update to the trackcal tune
greatone, I got that part. You originally asked if you could switch the tune AND the VIN. You found out you cannot switch the tune. Can you switch the VIN, so at least you get the ProCal tune?
Old 2/9/15, 12:59 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As an example. I purchased the Procal tune then five months later the track key was available. Yes I had to purchase the Track Key and the Procal tune was lost money.
Old 2/9/15, 01:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by pminri
No regrets here!! I had the track key installed with the Corsa Extreme axel backs; freakin awesome!!

Check out for yourself. Let me know what you think. I have had anybody in my car that didn't have a grin from ear to ear. As previous post stated, car shakes awesome at red lights. Lol
Pminri 2014GT Track Key & Corsa Extreme - YouTube
Man that sounds awesome. Have you raced it with the tune?
Old 2/9/15, 03:06 PM
V6 Member

greatone, I got that part. You originally asked if you could switch the tune AND the VIN. You found out you cannot switch the tune. Can you switch the VIN, so at least you get the ProCal tune?
They checked the VINs and said the switch was not a problem so I can get the ProCal tune. I cannot however get the updated Trackcal without purchasing a new unit.
Old 2/9/15, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Man that sounds awesome. Have you raced it with the tune?
Thx for the compliment!! Not yet on the track. Had that track key, Corsa exhaust, Boss adjustable shocks (front and rear), SVT camber plates, SVT lower springs and adjustable pan hard bar all done 1 week before garaged for winter. Upgrades were a early Xmas gift from my wife. Have plans to run on new track in CT, and going to try to get to performance driving school in N.C. In September. Can't wait!! Car runs and handles so much better.
Old 2/9/15, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pminri
Have plans to run on new track in CT
You and me both.
Old 2/9/15, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
You and me both.
Would be great if we could get some people from the forum to meet up and run them together.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013