Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/14, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Nah. You can activate and deactivate. I did it yesterday so you should be fine.
Well how did you do it?
Old 8/1/14, 02:25 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by WNRacing
Well how did you do it?
Was playing with it again on the way home from work and at first I couldn't shut it off and then I did shut it off then turned it back on. I have to see how I did it. I'll let you know.

Last edited by OneBadGtCs; 8/1/14 at 02:46 PM.
Old 8/2/14, 07:09 AM

Here is my latest video. Just added the Pypes axle back. This is with the TrackKey and lopey idle starts around 2:30.

2014 Mustang GT, Pypes Axle Back, TrackKey:
Old 8/2/14, 08:26 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Glad to see that the kinks are getting worked out. I am feeling a lot better about pulling the trigger. But, I will wait just a little longer.

So, how many of you added the Boss Side Exhaust with your tune? Does it help with the problems? Does it help the car breath better? Or does it just make the exhaust and lopey idle sound even better?

Thinking I might do that with the the TrackKey install. What are your thoughts?
Old 8/2/14, 08:40 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oops
Nevermind

Last edited by BBM3; 8/2/14 at 08:48 AM.
Old 8/2/14, 10:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Glad to see that the kinks are getting worked out. I am feeling a lot better about pulling the trigger. But, I will wait just a little longer.

So, how many of you added the Boss Side Exhaust with your tune? Does it help with the problems? Does it help the car breath better? Or does it just make the exhaust and lopey idle sound even better?

Thinking I might do that with the the TrackKey install. What are your thoughts?
I personally do not like the side exhaust. So it basically comes down to what you like. As for the sound, I have heard both and do not really hear a difference. I have the Roush Axleback exhaust and love it.

No issues so far with my track key since the update. AC got a bit warm the other day but It was almost 100 degrees so more testing to be done. Need to put some real miles on the car. Only put about 30 since the track key.

Last edited by OneBadGtCs; 8/2/14 at 10:43 AM.
Old 8/2/14, 10:34 AM
V6 Member

Well guys, here is a short video of me messing with the Launch control on the track key. 2014 Mustang Gt/Cs. More to come.

Old 8/2/14, 01:18 PM

Launch control @ 4k on street tires in sport mode.
Old 8/2/14, 03:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the Boss302 side exhaust. Other than sound it doesn't really seem to affect anything else. The way the exhaust is designed you can't visually see that it is on the car. I love the sound.
Old 8/2/14, 04:23 PM
GT Member

Launch control @ 4k on street tires in sport mode.
Nice pass!
Did you figure out how to turn launch control off when you did your burn-out?
Old 8/2/14, 07:42 PM
GT Member

Hadn't updated mine since there was no cel. Came on today lol. Updating tomorrow morn
Old 8/2/14, 07:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by solscooter
Hadn't updated mine since there was no cel. Came on today lol. Updating tomorrow morn
Lol. At least you have the new cal ready to go.
Old 8/2/14, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by BBM3
Nice pass!
Did you figure out how to turn launch control off when you did your burn-out?
Nope... I Emailed Ray and he said that the default is supposed to be off, but that isn't the case & hasn't been since the original tune was installed. I was able to do a burnout in the waterbox without a problem though. Would be difficult to do a dry burnout without resetting it every time to get more RPM.

I will say that the launch control is extremely consistent with the car in sport mode. I was running 2.1 60' pretty much all night which isn't too bad with street tires.. The only time that I didn't was with all of the nannies turned off and all it did was spin it's *** off. lol
Old 8/2/14, 08:56 PM
GT Member

Nope... I Emailed Ray and he said that the default is supposed to be off, but that isn't the case & hasn't been since the original tune was installed. I was able to do a burnout in the waterbox without a problem though. Would be difficult to do a dry burnout without resetting it every time to get more RPM.

I will say that the launch control is extremely consistent with the car in sport mode. I was running 2.1 60' pretty much all night which isn't too bad with street tires.. The only time that I didn't was with all of the nannies turned off and all it did was spin it's *** off. lol
I thought you reset the launch control RPM after the burn-out while staging.
That would have been some darn quick button pressing.

Again, Well done.
Nice video, pass, and reaction time.
Old 8/3/14, 02:48 PM
GT Member

My track key update went smooth. Awesome to now have a pro cal handy. Worth the price of putting up with a cel one day.
Old 8/4/14, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by BBM3
I thought you reset the launch control RPM after the burn-out while staging.
That would have been some darn quick button pressing.

Again, Well done.
Nice video, pass, and reaction time.
Thanks man, it would be tough to reset everything for sure.. Really wish there was a way to turn it off, honestly.

Originally Posted by solscooter
My track key update went smooth. Awesome to now have a pro cal handy. Worth the price of putting up with a cel one day.
Good to hear!
Old 8/5/14, 06:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Did anyone else receive a Trackey update SD card today? I had already received my Pro-Cal with new Trackey tune last week. Today FRPP sent me (2) packages. Each contained an SD card. one had a note saying it was the new update to Trackey.

Does anyone know if there was another update?
Old 8/5/14, 06:58 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Did anyone else receive a Trackey update SD card today? I had already received my Pro-Cal with new Trackey tune last week. Today FRPP sent me (2) packages. Each contained an SD card. one had a note saying it was the new update to Trackey.

Does anyone know if there was another update?
That is very strange. I would pick up the phone and call the tech line at Ford Racing.
If you have a Track Key installed you would be sent a procal tune tool but not an SD card. The revised tune information is built into the pro cal tool you would receive if you were a Track Key owner.
I have no idea why you received an SD card. I believe the SD card goes to Track Cal owners?
Old 8/5/14, 08:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by todcp
That is very strange. I would pick up the phone and call the tech line at Ford Racing.
If you have a Track Key installed you would be sent a procal tune tool but not an SD card. The revised tune information is built into the pro cal tool you would receive if you were a Track Key owner.
I have no idea why you received an SD card. I believe the SD card goes to Track Cal owners?
Wrong, update is not build into the pro cal tool. It contains a SD card as well for the Track key. I received my Pro cal tool last week and the sd card was inside of it but it was bad so they had to send me another sd card and it arrived the very next day and I have the track key.

So Mystang, weather you have a track key or the other, the pro cal tool would have been sent and a sd card would be inside of it ready to go. But yes, if you received another card I would double check and make sure it was either a mistake or that another update isn't available. I would bet it was just an error.

Let us know either way.

Last edited by OneBadGtCs; 8/5/14 at 08:42 PM.
Old 8/5/14, 09:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Wrong, update is not build into the pro cal tool. It contains a SD card as well for the Track key. I received my Pro cal tool last week and the sd card was inside of it but it was bad so they had to send me another sd card and it arrived the very next day and I have the track key. So Mystang, weather you have a track key or the other, the pro cal tool would have been sent and a sd card would be inside of it ready to go. But yes, if you received another card I would double check and make sure it was either a mistake or that another update isn't available. I would bet it was just an error. Let us know either way.
I had already received the Procal tool with the SD card last week. Already had the update done. That is why I was surprised when I received (2)SD cards today.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013