5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/14, 02:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks ray. appreciate your quick answer
Old 7/29/14, 03:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by raysmust
Doors should be closed during programming, just a heads up.
Ray, I know that the instructions go over the do's and don't's. But I was wondering if you could summarize some of the pitfalls. Like the doors closed thing. What else do we need to do other than plug in and follow on screen prompts?
Old 7/29/14, 04:57 PM

I had trackey installed fee wks ago an got a procal from ford today for free.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 7/29/14, 05:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Reid615
I had trackey installed fee wks ago an got a procal from ford today for free.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, the software has been updated to do several people getting cels/errors. The procal has a sd card with the updated software. You should be installing this asap.

I get mine tomorrow.
Old 7/29/14, 05:45 PM

I guess I've been lucky to not have any codes. Used the key everyday , just disappointed that I had put factory air box on with K&n filter.
Had Roush air intake on it .
Money wasted
Old 7/29/14, 05:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Reid615
I guess I've been lucky to not have any codes. Used the key everyday , just disappointed that I had put factory air box on with K&n filter.
Had Roush air intake on it .
Money wasted
What do mean lol? You can run a Roush cold air intake. I have one on my car. As long as the intake doesn't require a tune. And the Roush intake I have doesn't. Unless yours is different.

Last edited by OneBadGtCs; 7/29/14 at 07:03 PM.
Old 7/29/14, 11:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Since my car was already in the shop I brought them the Pro-Cal w/instructions and told them to have at it. They installed it with just a minor hiccup that I guess got figured out. You need to have the Trackey key in use when performing the update.

I agree with someone else that stated this updated tune seems different. Definitely felt stronger and so far..... NO CODES!
Old 7/30/14, 06:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Since my car was already in the shop I brought them the Pro-Cal w/instructions and told them to have at it. They installed it with just a minor hiccup that I guess got figured out. You need to have the Trackey key in use when performing the update.

I agree with someone else that stated this updated tune seems different. Definitely felt stronger and so far..... NO CODES!
That's cool. Were you getting codes quickly after driving before?

I should be getting my pro cal today. Can't wait.
Ray mentioned no performance changes were made but maybe just having a cel free update is making it perform better.
Old 7/30/14, 06:55 AM
Cobra Member

Since my car was already in the shop I brought them the Pro-Cal w/instructions and told them to have at it. They installed it with just a minor hiccup that I guess got figured out. You need to have the Trackey key in use when performing the update. I agree with someone else that stated this updated tune seems different. Definitely felt stronger and so far..... NO CODES!
Probably in y'all's head. Plus you've been out of your car running full power for awhile.
Old 7/30/14, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by typesredline
Ray, I know that the instructions go over the do's and don't's. But I was wondering if you could summarize some of the pitfalls. Like the doors closed thing. What else do we need to do other than plug in and follow on screen prompts?
Doors closed and no radio on. You don't want any power surge during programming.
Old 7/30/14, 11:37 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha, I figured out where you can help (in this case. Not implying that you don't help greatly on all of the other issues). Is there no end to dealers trying to knowingly rip off customers??? Charge $150 for the software?!? He already bought the software. That's what the voucher is for!

It's so annoying bc in ANY other industry this crookery or even at best, the severe lack of training and product knowledge, is not tolerated.
I understand, but knowledge of this aftermarket upgrade would’ve helped, typesredline. In the future, you can locate one of our FRPP authorized dealers here.

Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Ok. Got good news and bad news lol. Bad news is that they couldn't complete the track key because of the wireless internet however they got it almost done, key is cut and paired to the car and the tech did reach out to Ray.

Good news is that all I have to do is wait for the cal tool from Ray to finish up. The dealer only charged me 95 out the door for 1 hr plus the dude from service is going to do my first oil change for free for the scheduling fiasco last week.

Ray was once again helpful throughout the process on his day off which means a lot.
Glad to learn this was taken care of for you, OneBadGtCs! I thought I was going to have to take a little trip down there.

Deysha
Old 7/30/14, 12:16 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordService
I understand, but knowledge of this aftermarket upgrade would’ve helped, typesredline. In the future, you can locate one of our FRPP authorized dealers here.

Glad to learn this was taken care of for you, OneBadGtCs! I thought I was going to have to take a little trip down there.

Deysha
Yeah thanks to Ray at Ford racing I should be able to finish this track key today.
Old 7/30/14, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService

Deysha
Deysha, is this necessary in your opinion?
Do you have advice for someone who prefers a particular Ford dealer who is not FRPP authorized?
Old 7/30/14, 02:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Deysha, is this necessary in your opinion?
Do you have advice for someone who prefers a particular Ford dealer who is not FRPP authorized?
Well I looked up the FRPP authorized but most of these places just sell the track key. Doesn't it have to be a Ford dealer that installs the key?
Example, Powered by Ford is a race shop for Fords in Orlando. They sell the track key but I do not believe they are authorized to install it.

Anyways, got my track cal. Here I go to install it!!!
Going to take a video of before and after as well.
Old 7/30/14, 04:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
That's cool. Were you getting codes quickly after driving before?

I should be getting my pro cal today. Can't wait.
Ray mentioned no performance changes were made but maybe just having a cel free update is making it perform better.
I was getting codes within 170 -250 miles
Old 7/30/14, 04:34 PM

I was getting codes within 170 -250 miles
I've driven between 75 & 100 miles so far in the last couple of days using both keys and trying to replicate the situations that were popping the codes and so far so good. ::fingerscrossed::
Old 7/30/14, 06:00 PM
Cobra Member

Doors closed and no radio on. You don't want any power surge during programming.
Ray how about BT? While the key is in 2nd position (I believe that's the position for the upload?) even with the radio off, the phone can still connect. Should we leave the phone inside while we do it?
Old 7/30/14, 06:13 PM

Yeah, I would not recommend being on the phone.
Old 7/30/14, 06:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Ray how about BT? While the key is in 2nd position (I believe that's the position for the upload?) even with the radio off, the phone can still connect. Should we leave the phone inside while we do it?
Just turn Bluetooth off on your phone. Easier.
Old 7/30/14, 06:52 PM
Cobra Member

Yeah, I would not recommend being on the phone.
Well definitely not activity on it. But I guess in your pocket it could ring or get a text which the car would pick up even with the radio off. So I'll turn off BT on the phone AND leave it inside to be safe.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/30/14 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013