5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/14, 07:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Put over 300 miles on it between yesterday and today and no issues.
Old 7/30/14, 08:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Put over 300 miles on it between yesterday and today and no issues.
Good news. Still think I'm getting the original performance cal though. Same engine braking and power, and I don't really care about lopey idle.
Old 7/30/14, 08:55 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
Good news. Still think I'm getting the original performance cal though. Same engine braking and power, and I don't really care about lopey idle.
Not me man. I love that lopey idle. Sounds amazing. Not to mention is shakes the car.
Old 7/30/14, 09:19 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Not me man. I love that lopey idle. Sounds amazing. Not to mention is shakes the car.
Try launch control if you haven't already. It is a hoot!
Old 7/30/14, 09:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by BBM3
Try launch control if you haven't already. It is a hoot!
Yeah I can't wait. Wasn't able to do it today.
Hopefully tomorrow.
Old 7/30/14, 09:48 PM
GT Member

Yeah I can't wait. Wasn't able to do it today.
Hopefully tomorrow.
It is not a gimmick.
I am impressed how well it works and doesn't feel like it is beating the crap out of the clutch and driveline.
I suggest you set the RPM to 2600 to start with and turn off advancetrac.
Have fun!
Old 7/31/14, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As someone very interested in the Track Cal for my early build 2014, I'd like to know if the A/C still cuts out at idle or if the tune is still killing cats after the most recent update.
Old 7/31/14, 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by lsxjunkie
As someone very interested in the Track Cal for my early build 2014, I'd like to know if the A/C still cuts out at idle or if the tune is still killing cats after the most recent update.
Cats dying are I guess unrelated and the cel seems to be gone. A/C issues only appeared on a couple cal users and they would just now be getting the new memory cards. So I think it's to soon to know if the a/c part got fixed.
Old 7/31/14, 10:21 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah thanks to Ray at Ford racing I should be able to finish this track key today.
Sweet!!

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Deysha, is this necessary in your opinion?
Do you have advice for someone who prefers a particular Ford dealer who is not FRPP authorized?
You can go to any Ford Dealer, bezerk_1980. However, it’s easier when they constantly deal with these, rather than when they have never dealt with them.

Well I looked up the FRPP authorized but most of these places just sell the track key. Doesn't it have to be a Ford dealer that installs the key?
Example, Powered by Ford is a race shop for Fords in Orlando. They sell the track key but I do not believe they are authorized to install it.

Anyways, got my track cal. Here I go to install it!!!
Going to take a video of before and after as well.
From the info I’ve seen, in order to keep your warranty and the product warranty, it must be installed by a Ford Dealer, OneBadGtCs.

Deysha
Old 7/31/14, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cats dying are I guess unrelated and the cel seems to be gone. A/C issues only appeared on a couple cal users and they would just now be getting the new memory cards. So I think it's to soon to know if the a/c part got fixed.
I just got my SD card. Being that I have to reload the stock tune anyway, I'm gonna run with that for a while to get an idea how different the A/C behavior is between stock and FR tune. Will report back.
Old 7/31/14, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mfc133
I just got my SD card. Being that I have to reload the stock tune anyway, I'm gonna run with that for a while to get an idea how different the A/C behavior is between stock and FR tune. Will report back.
Sounds like a good idea.
Old 7/31/14, 12:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mfc133
Yep good idea.
Guess that's the advantage of the track key vs the procal is the stock key for stock and track key for race tune.
Old 7/31/14, 05:35 PM
V6 Member

Finally after almost a month of waiting dealer issues etc I got my track key installed via the procal tool.
The Lopey idle sounds amazing however it seems to come and go every about 10-15 secs or so. The engine starts to shake which is bad *** and the lopey sound kicks in. Hope the sound stays more active as I drive it more.

The launch control is bad ***. I have made a few videos of the lopey, launch control etc. Will post them soon. Going to get some dinner and put a few miles on it.
Old 7/31/14, 08:15 PM
Cobra Member

Finally after almost a month of waiting dealer issues etc I got my track key installed via the procal tool. The Lopey idle sounds amazing however it seems to come and go every about 10-15 secs or so. The engine starts to shake which is bad *** and the lopey sound kicks in. Hope the sound stays more active as I drive it more. The launch control is bad ***. I have made a few videos of the lopey, launch control etc. Will post them soon. Going to get some dinner and put a few miles on it.
Looking forward to vids.
Old 7/31/14, 08:56 PM
V6 Member

Looking forward to vids.
Wow dude, I don't think I will be using the stock keys at all lol.
Came back from getting take out dinner and the lopey idle is just amazing.

Another thing is that even revving the car sounds different too. It feels different. Sounds different as well. I just don't know how to explain it. It seems to also deccelerate quicker back to 1k rpm which comes back to engine breaking. The car gives off less spark and cuts fuel for the engine breaking to take place. You can feel yourself shaking left to right when idling at a light.

I have to double check the tire settings to see if its correct. The tool showed that my cars tires are set to 740. I have to see if that is what it's supposed to be. The gear ratio is correct.

Haven't really pushed the car to much as of yet. No cels, funny smells or issues with AC.
Old 7/31/14, 09:54 PM
GT Member

Wow dude, I don't think I will be using the stock keys at all lol.
Came back from getting take out dinner and the lopey idle is just amazing.

Another thing is that even revving the car sounds different too. It feels different. Sounds different as well. I just don't know how to explain it. It seems to also deccelerate quicker back to 1k rpm which comes back to engine breaking. The car gives off less spark and cuts fuel for the engine breaking to take place. You can feel yourself shaking left to right when idling at a light.

I have to double check the tire settings to see if its correct. The tool showed that my cars tires are set to 740. I have to see if that is what it's supposed to be. The gear ratio is correct.

Haven't really pushed the car to much as of yet. No cels, funny smells or issues with AC.
Yep.
I have only used the stock key once since I had my TracKey installed.
That lasted about 30 seconds before I restarted the car with the TracKey.
Throttle response is vastly improved both on and off throttle.

No more blip the throttle when heel-toe downshifting and having to correct for the enormous lag in throttle response of the stock tune.

Last edited by BBM3; 7/31/14 at 09:57 PM.
Old 7/31/14, 10:27 PM

Is there any way to temporarily disable launch control? I know you could go through the steps to increase the RPM of the launch control itself, but that would get old really fast at the drag strip if you wanted to warm up tires or do actually do a burnout.

I used the launch control for the first time today and I have to say I am really impressed. I honestly thought that it would be much more violent and harder on the drivetrain, but it actually seems to be quite the opposite.

Also, those of you who have used it at the track, are you turning ALL of the nannies off, or just double tapping the TC button and going into sport mode?
Old 8/1/14, 04:53 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by WNRacing
Is there any way to temporarily disable launch control? I know you could go through the steps to increase the RPM of the launch control itself, but that would get old really fast at the drag strip if you wanted to warm up tires or do actually do a burnout.

I used the launch control for the first time today and I have to say I am really impressed. I honestly thought that it would be much more violent and harder on the drivetrain, but it actually seems to be quite the opposite.

Also, those of you who have used it at the track, are you turning ALL of the nannies off, or just double tapping the TC button and going into sport mode?
Couldn't you just activate launch control after you do your burnout?
Old 8/1/14, 09:50 AM

Couldn't you just activate launch control after you do your burnout?
As far as I know it is always on...
Old 8/1/14, 10:13 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by WNRacing
As far as I know it is always on...
Nah. You can activate and deactivate. I did it yesterday so you should be fine.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013