5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/15, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by greatone

They checked the VINs and said the switch was not a problem so I can get the ProCal tune. I cannot however get the updated Trackcal without purchasing a new unit.
Neat, well at least it's not a total waste. So I guess the way to look at this is that the software can't really be separated from the programmer, it's one unit.
Old 2/11/15, 06:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pminri
Thx for the compliment!! Not yet on the track. Had that track key, Corsa exhaust, Boss adjustable shocks (front and rear), SVT camber plates, SVT lower springs and adjustable pan hard bar all done 1 week before garaged for winter. Upgrades were a early Xmas gift from my wife. Have plans to run on new track in CT, and going to try to get to performance driving school in N.C. In September. Can't wait!! Car runs and handles so much better.
Which driving school in NC?
Old 2/11/15, 07:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Which driving school in NC?
Sorry, it is in S.C. ( I have spent some time recently in both states and I get them mixed up). But the link is below. The chief instructor that helps run the program (Jim Edwards) is a class act! He ran the track event at the 50th celebration (where I got "the bug" to do it again) they have excellent instructors and the cost is minimal for a great long weekend. I missed the last one because my engine had to be replaced, but they refunded my money because of the circumstances. Here is the link to sign up. From what I understand space is limited because they like to have one or two students per instructor. http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...ts-park-482070

You tube video.

Last edited by pminri; 2/11/15 at 07:44 AM.
Old 2/11/15, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
So now that the tune has been out for a while are there any regrets? Anyone wish they had gone with something else? Is there better options?

I have not found a local dealer who has done an install. How important is that? Should I look outside of my area?

As soon as the weather breaks, probably a month out or more, I am ready to get the Track Key installed. But, want to make sure that there weren't some got ya's out there.
No regrets other than a little more power would have been nice.
Ford racing mike is great to deal with.
for the price can't Beet it.
But as mentioned more power would be nice so more than likely going with an aed tuned this year.
I keep hoping ford will release an update for the tune to add a lititle more hp in the upper rpm area.
Doubtin that will happen though.
All in all for the $300 I believe I spent I can't imagine driving the car stock.IT was worth the money just for the huge increase in driveability and shifting.

Last edited by GHIG50; 2/12/15 at 03:36 AM.
Old 2/11/15, 01:59 PM
GT Member

[QUOTE=pminri;6897721]Sorry, it is in S.C. ( I have spent some time recently in both states and I get them mixed up). But the link is below. The chief instructor that helps run the program (Jim Edwards) is a class act! He ran the track event at the 50th celebration (where I got "the bug" to do it again) they have excellent instructors and the cost is minimal for a great long weekend. I missed the last one because my engine had to be replaced, but they refunded my money because of the circumstances. Here is the link to sign up. From what I understand space is limited because they like to have one or two students per instructor. http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...ts-park-482070

Come join us with Northeasttrackdays.com this year. I instruct with them and there are always a few mustangs; including dmichaels in his well prepped blue GT.
Old 2/11/15, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Any idea on cost? Last time I checked for a two day driving course it was about $900. Not much track time here so I'm looking for something well organized so I don't have someone trashing my car by accident or because the skill levels are not matched correctly.

Any info is greatly appreciated. (Not much on the website yet).
Old 2/14/15, 11:46 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,144 Likes on 820 Posts
Originally Posted by GHIG50
No regrets other than a little more power would have been nice.
Ford racing mike is great to deal with.
for the price can't Beet it.
But as mentioned more power would be nice so more than likely going with an aed tuned this year.
I keep hoping ford will release an update for the tune to add a lititle more hp in the upper rpm area.
Doubtin that will happen though.
All in all for the $300 I believe I spent I can't imagine driving the car stock.IT was worth the money just for the huge increase in driveability and shifting.

So where did you buy it?
Old 2/15/15, 07:17 PM

Best place to buy
buyfordracing.Com in michigan
ask for mike
Old 2/17/15, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by todcp
No regrets. Great fun. Makes the engine behave like a true sports car.
My dealer had not done an install previously and their computer tech guy had a lot of trouble doing it. Small dealer. They ate the extra time and charged me $100.
Just had my TracKey installed. The tech had problems with it also. It flashed the key fine, but no features were enabled. Long story short, they had to connect the laptop they were flashing with via ethernet to their network instead of WiFi per Ford Racing. As bizarre as it sounded it worked the first try after that.

Hope this saves someone else a day's wait for an hour job.
Old 2/17/15, 07:35 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,144 Likes on 820 Posts
Originally Posted by GHIG50
Best place to buy
buyfordracing.Com in michigan
ask for mike

I will have to give them a try.
Old 2/19/15, 01:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
I will have to give them a try.
I'll also vouch for Mike at buyfordracing.com

Cheap stuff. Fast shipping. And great service.
Old 2/19/15, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Couple of questions for you guys, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger.

1. Has buyfordracing.com changed to buyfordracingfromdpm.com? I recall buying a product from buyfordracing.com and getting invoiced from Diversified Products Marketing.

2. If so, you have to call, because the TracKey isn't on the site, right?

3. I've heard multiple times that the TracKey doesn't affect the warranty. Anyone had problems with the warranty?

4. When you go to the dealer for the download, do they get upset if you didn't buy the key from them?
Old 2/19/15, 05:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Couple of questions for you guys, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger. 1. Has buyfordracing.com changed to buyfordracingfromdpm.com? I recall buying a product from buyfordracing.com and getting invoiced from Diversified Products Marketing. 2. If so, you have to call, because the TracKey isn't on the site, right? 3. I've heard multiple times that the TracKey doesn't affect the warranty. Anyone had problems with the warranty? 4. When you go to the dealer for the download, do they get upset if you didn't buy the key from them?
He may have changed the site. But yes DPM is the parent co. You do have to call for the track key. He is across the street from FRPP in MI so he can get anything even if it's not on the site. Warranty is not affected. Despite what is said here, I've heard it's up to the dealer to FRPP picks up the remainder of the factory warranty and it's now with FRPP. And they are separate from Ford. None of that is true. Straight from the horses mouth, FRPP, the warranty is still completely through Ford and services through any Ford dealer. I've heard of dealers being a holes if it wasn't bought through them. Just go to another dealer. Or find one that's FRPP authorized (aka they carry the parts). Then if they give you a hard time you can call FRPP and they can drop the hammer on the dealer.
Old 2/19/15, 05:40 PM

Couple of questions for you guys, I'm getting close to pulling the trigger.

1. Has buyfordracing.com changed to buyfordracingfromdpm.com? I recall buying a product from buyfordracing.com and getting invoiced from Diversified Products Marketing.

2. If so, you have to call, because the TracKey isn't on the site, right?

3. I've heard multiple times that the TracKey doesn't affect the warranty. Anyone had problems with the warranty?

4. When you go to the dealer for the download, do they get upset if you didn't buy the key from them?
buyfordracing.Com I believe is owned by diversified.
just call mike and talk to him.
He will walk you through everything

2 most items are not on their site but they are right next to ford racing warehouse
3 Any questions on warranty call ford racing and ask for mike there in the svt section
I asked my dealer if I could buy it from them they said no but they also said they would install it.
Hope this helps
Old 2/19/15, 06:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe that a dealer that is FRPP authorized can, and will, sell you the TracKey and do the programming. That is how I did it.
Old 2/19/15, 07:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pminri
Any idea on cost? Last time I checked for a two day driving course it was about $900. Not much track time here so I'm looking for something well organized so I don't have someone trashing my car by accident or because the skill levels are not matched correctly.

Any info is greatly appreciated. (Not much on the website yet).
Tbe HPDE events in New England are typically about 250-350 for four 25 minute sessions. Cost varies by track Lime Rock Park is expensive. The HPDE company provides classroom training and provides an instructor to be in the car with you. Ride alongs in the instructors car during his or hers session is often possible.

A true racing training course would be done by an organization like Skip Barber in their spec miata or formula cars. Quite expensive. If you can find a skid pad training course they are very helpful for learning the quick hands and reactions to traction loss.
Old 2/23/15, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK, so I called the number on buyfordracingfromdpm.com and a gent answered the phone "Diversified." I asked if this was "buyfordracing" and he said "buyfordracing.com is the name of our website." So I think I had the right place.

Anyway, after inquiring about the GT TracKey, he told me "We're not allowed to sell the GT TracKey, you have to buy that from an authorized Ford dealer."

Has something changed? Tasca will be my next stop.
Old 2/23/15, 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

OK, so I called the number on buyfordracingfromdpm.com and a gent answered the phone "Diversified." I asked if this was "buyfordracing" and he said "buyfordracing.com is the name of our website." So I think I had the right place. Anyway, after inquiring about the GT TracKey, he told me "We're not allowed to sell the GT TracKey, you have to buy that from an authorized Ford dealer." Has something changed? Tasca will be my next stop.
I don't know about the website but I bought mine from Tasca. Had Dennis Gnomes install it (he runs the Mod shop). No problems/issues.. The only thing I noticed was Tasca charged me $50 more then expected. 1-1/2 hours instead of 1hour. I didn't care, all mods I have done there have been done right the first time with no issues and everything is under warranty.

Hope this helps.
Old 2/23/15, 07:31 PM
GT Member

I bought mine at buyfordracing and wish I had not. Go with Tasca. Wish I had.
Old 2/24/15, 05:09 AM

Bought mine online from DonWood with no problems.

Bought it on a Saturday and it arrived by Friday with normal shipping.
$333.00. Comes in a box that had the original sealed Ford Racing package inside it.

Ford service charged flat $100 + taxes for setup.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013