5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/15, 04:44 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,144 Likes on 820 Posts
Originally Posted by pminri
Todcp is spot on. Usually the next question is which oil separator to use. There are many threads in this forum on this. I went with JLT. For what it is worth. It catches oil very well. IMHO..
Like the looks and quality of the Moroso. Haven't had it long enough to know how much it is catching... Write-ups were impressive.
Attached Thumbnails Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013-img_1202_s.jpg  
Old 3/28/15, 05:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Like the looks and quality of the Moroso. Haven't had it long enough to know how much it is catching... Write-ups were impressive.
The upside down cap is killing me lol.
Old 3/28/15, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by typesredline
The upside down cap is killing me lol.
Missed that, now it bugs me. Have to get that fixed.
Old 4/2/15, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Got my GT500 AB installed the other day. Wow are thee Awesome. I have an appointment on Monday morning for the Track key calibration. Cant wait.
Old 4/3/15, 06:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Got my GT500 AB installed the other day. Wow are thee Awesome. I have an appointment on Monday morning for the Track key calibration. Cant wait.
Wait until you hear those mufflers rumble when the lopey idle kicks in. It is AWESOME!!
Old 4/3/15, 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

Wait until you hear those mufflers rumble when the lopey idle kicks in. It is AWESOME!!

PM cant wait.
Old 4/6/15, 04:18 PM
Cobra Member

Track Key installed... Took forever. They ran into Server issues at Ford. Seems like today they had allot of Cars needing computer code. LOL

For any one that can get the key it is worth it and then some. My car not only runs better but sounds like a pro race car...
Old 4/6/15, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Track Key installed... Took forever. They ran into Server issues at Ford. Seems like today they had allot of Cars needing computer code. LOL

For any one that can get the key it is worth it and then some. My car not only runs better but sounds like a pro race car...
Agreed it's awesome Jazzman442. Glad you're liking it too.

My dealer's technical problem was they needed to configure the browser to allow "cross-site scripting", which is information that can only be found by them calling the Ford tech line. Most techs don't want to call for help so mine hacked away at it until it was too late to call Ford.

So take a note, folks, if your dealer is claiming there are problems with internet connectivity, the Ford site, etc., they need to CALL Ford to troubleshoot the problem. The white paper Ford publishes on setting up the browser leaves this important detail out.
Old 4/6/15, 06:55 PM

Congrats! Not sure how long it took them to do mine, just dropped it off on the way to work. Picked it up on the way home. I am very happy with mine too. Really wakes the car up. Snappy from the get go. Feels better when starting from a stand still. Before felt like I was on the edge of killing it, and had to feed it more throttle. Now has a smooth take-off. It is like two different cars with and without the tune activated. The lopey idle is amazing. shakes the car just enough. Well worth it!
Old 4/6/15, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Track Key installed... Took forever. They ran into Server issues at Ford. Seems like today they had allot of Cars needing computer code. LOL For any one that can get the key it is worth it and then some. My car not only runs better but sounds like a pro race car...
Told you. Lol. Now go "drive it like you stole it"! ( that's what Dave Pericak (Mustang Chief Engineer) wrote in my Mustang 50th year book). Words to live by.
Old 4/6/15, 10:21 PM
Cobra Member

Told you. Lol. Now go "drive it like you stole it"! ( that's what Dave Pericak (Mustang Chief Engineer) wrote in my Mustang 50th year book). Words to live by.
Im Glad I listened. LOL

Im going to drive it this week. The rain will be gone after tomorrow. Cant wait. I really cant beleve how much better the car responds. Sounds better and even sound Like a roucsh maning it soulnd pissed off. The car did not have a crackle in the exhaust but now it does. Amazing. The pricce I paid for this is priceless. Other than the GT500 AB this mod is a steal.
Old 4/14/15, 03:47 PM
V6 Member

Hello all. I was one of the first to have the Track Key installed. If you check this forum you will see my posts waaay in the beginning. Ray from Ford Racing helped us out with the bugs in the beginning and the few that were the first to try it ended up getting free pro cal tools. I really like the Track Key BUT for me there is a really big down side. The down side being that I am completely stuck on doing any major upgrades now to my car that require a tune. Example, I cannot get the Boss Intake manifold, cannot get an off road X pipe or H pipe installed. So once you get it you only have 1 option if you want to upgrade major components and that is to completely delete/restore the factory tune to your car and get another tune. You can't even sell it to someone else even if they had to get there own key. Ford Racing said at this time there is no option to sell it because they put a lot of money into getting this tune made. A simple resolution is that if I sold it, that person obviously would have to get another key because my key is already cut to my car so they can easily sell that buyer a key for lets say $200 (reduced) since they would have the program from me with my cal tool. Anyways, that is the major downfall. You get the Track Key and you are stuck. Can't do much else except for a cold air intake that requires no tune, or exhaust upgrades from the cats back. No intake manifolds, no higher flowing cai with tune, no off road pipes, no cams etc. Just thought I would share my experience.
Old 4/14/15, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Hello all. I was one of the first to have the Track Key installed. If you check this forum you will see my posts waaay in the beginning. Ray from Ford Racing helped us out with the bugs in the beginning and the few that were the first to try it ended up getting free pro cal tools. I really like the Track Key BUT for me there is a really big down side. The down side being that I am completely stuck on doing any major upgrades now to my car that require a tune. Example, I cannot get the Boss Intake manifold, cannot get an off road X pipe or H pipe installed. So once you get it you only have 1 option if you want to upgrade major components and that is to completely delete/restore the factory tune to your car and get another tune. You can't even sell it to someone else even if they had to get there own key. Ford Racing said at this time there is no option to sell it because they put a lot of money into getting this tune made. A simple resolution is that if I sold it, that person obviously would have to get another key because my key is already cut to my car so they can easily sell that buyer a key for lets say $200 (reduced) since they would have the program from me with my cal tool. Anyways, that is the major downfall. You get the Track Key and you are stuck. Can't do much else except for a cold air intake that requires no tune, or exhaust upgrades from the cats back. No intake manifolds, no higher flowing cai with tune, no off road pipes, no cams etc. Just thought I would share my experience.
I would hope most of us knew this going in. This is for your car and your car only, and you can't add any mods that require a tune. We are waiting for the aftermarket to figure out how to load two tunes into one cluster, then things will really get interesting.

As far as selling it, I am in the software business and it's very common for software licenses not to be transferable. But the software is only like half the cost because there's also the air filter and key included. Of course, you can't sell the key either.

Now what you can do is after you put your blower in and retune, go ahead and have fun for a few years. Take off the blower and sell it, bring the car back to stock, and put the TracKey tune back on for sale with the car.

But really, for a tune that costs about $200 when you subtract the key and filter, this is amazing performance. Plus you can still run the "eco" tune with the black key.
Old 7/2/15, 01:07 AM

Exclamation

Het Peeps....The "Track-Key" , and the (Newest)"Procal II"-Track "Tune" variant are Both the same Tune

And YES, this Tune does indeed put down an Extra 60 FT/Lbs right at 1,500-1,750 RPMS!!..As 1 of the guys (I think it was Shaun from AED)....Im going to go find the Dyno graph that was listed, and Post it here.)

If some of you remember, about 4Years ago, 1 of the VERY Large Aftermarket Companies (I will NOT mention the Name of said company) But they "Claimed" that the actual (FRPP) Ford Racing Performance Products Procal II Tune ACTUALLY put out LESS HP/TORQUE than the Ford OEM "Stock" Tune! (Yeah Right!) As the Dyno Test itself was "Skewed", amd I mean BAD! .....First of all, they performed the 2 tests on 2 different days! And why is this soo misleading is that the 1st test (the Stock) Dyno Run was performed with an ambient air temp. of 77' F.....And the 2nd Dyno Run, Ford racing Tune, well this was Performed with the Temps in the HIGH 80's! So come on!!.....

And this same company (While Stating that the +60Ft/Lbs was ALSO a bunch of "Bunk" But they only Published the Dyno run STARTING @ 2600 RPM's! Again...Come on now!....That type of Shenanigan is just plain 'Ol LAME!!.....

I have been running the FRPP Tunes since they came out, and Other than a few hiccups (Back before the Procal II unit came out, as the original FRPP Tuner (If you could call it that! As it didn't even have a screen, you just had 3 Lights!.....

But I for 1 absolutely LOVE this latest Tune ! I LOVE the "Lopey Idle", and the 2 Stage "Launch Control"......I have heard Wispers from the Powers that be, that there just might be a "Line Lock" feature in the next Tune revision ..........

Sean Reilly. Site Administrator @ Allfordmustangs.com

Last edited by Sean Reilly; 7/2/15 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Spelling......Sean Reilly
Old 7/2/15, 01:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Sean Reilly
Het Peeps....The "Track-Key" , and the (Newest)"Procal II"-Travck variant are Bith the same Tune

And YES, this Tune does indeed put down an Extra 60 FT/Lbs right at 1,500-1,750 RPMS!!..As 1 of the guys (I think it was Shaun from AED)....Im going to go find the Dyno graph that was listed, and Post it here ;p

If some of you remember, about 4Years ago, 1 of the VERY Large Aftermarket Companies (I will NOT mention the Name of said company) But ther "Claimed" that the actual (FRPP) Ford Racing Performance Products Procal II Tune ACTUALLY put out LESS HP/TORQUE than the Ford OEM "Stock" Tune! (Yeah Right!) As the Dyno Test itself was "Skewed", amd I mean BAD! .....First of all, they performed the 2 tests on 2 different days! And why is this soo missleading is that the 1st test (the Stock) Dyno Run was performed with an abient air temp. of 77' F.....And the 2nd Dyno Run, Ford racing Tune, well this was Performed with the Temps in the HIGH 80's! So come on!!.....

And this same company (While Stating that the +60Ft/Lbs was ALSO a bunch of "Bunk" But they only Published the Dyno run STARTING @ 2600 RPM's! Again...Come on now!....That type of Shenanigan is just plain 'Ol LAME!!.....

I have been running the FRPP Tunes since they came out, and Other than a few hiccups (Back before the Procal II unit came out, as the original FRPP Tuner (If you could call it that! As it didn't even have a screen, you just had 3 Lights!.....

But I for 1 absolutely LOVE this latest Tune ! I LOVE the "Lopey Idle", and the 2 Stage "Launch Control"......I have heard Wispers from the Powers that be, that there just might be a "Line Lock" feature in the next Tune revision ..........

Sean Reilly. Site Administrator @ Allfordmustangs.com
It sure feels like it. I have dyno sheets but they start at 3k and show a change of about 15 lb-ft. I wonder if my guy has data down in the 1500s.

Also a revision with line lock would be awesome!
Old 9/22/15, 08:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Had the Track Cal Tune installed today. The Lopey Idle is Awesome! It is totally worth the expense alone. I did not get much seat time with it. But my Butt Dyno did not really feel much more power. There was a lot of traffic today so I could not really experiment much. I cannot wait to try the Launch Control. It did not work very well at the initial setting of 2K RPM. I turned it to the suggested 2500 and never had a opportunity to try it again. Rain in the forest for a few days. But the weekend is supposed to be nice. So hopefully can enjoy it more then.
Old 9/23/15, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by 14Glassback
Had the Track Cal Tune installed today. The Lopey Idle is Awesome! It is totally worth the expense alone. I did not get much seat time with it. But my Butt Dyno did not really feel much more power. There was a lot of traffic today so I could not really experiment much. I cannot wait to try the Launch Control. It did not work very well at the initial setting of 2K RPM. I turned it to the suggested 2500 and never had a opportunity to try it again. Rain in the forest for a few days. But the weekend is supposed to be nice. So hopefully can enjoy it more then.
Traffic driving with the TracKey is terrible. Engine "break my neck" in first gear and the occasional almost stall with the idle lope with slow speed starts.

You'll enjoy it much more with some open space. Try setting launch control to about 2600. I find that is a decent spot. Also, remember that launch control only works if the car is completely stopped and not moving at all. A slight incline at a stop sign and you'll bounce off the rev limiter.

Another bit of advice, the lope smell does eventually subside. When I first had it installed, it was so bad I disabled the lope at startup. After about 6 months or so its far less noticeable. Or perhaps I'm "nose blind" as one of these commercials states.
Old 10/16/15, 11:52 AM

I have had my Trackey installed for about 3 weeks now. I ran a few tanks of gas through it. The 1st tank everything seemed ok, but the weather kept me from really getting into it. Ever since then I'm having the pinging that is often associated with this tune. It only happens at full throttle, 4000+ or so. I'm running 93 from Top Tier stations.
I don't seem to have any oil use... At least not during the 1st 2500 miles after a change. Right now it reads right on full.
So far, I added some juice to the tank to boost octane. The pinging went away.
My question for the experts on here:
Has anyone opted for the "octane adjust" within the tune? Did it work?
Ford Racing wants an oil separator, according to the paperwork. I didn't really want one if I had a choice.
Seems like most people opt for the separator... Hoping for some feedback on octane adjust.
Old 10/16/15, 01:16 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

I have the track cal, but pretty much the same thing. I've had an oil separator since I bought the car and have never had a problem with pinging. I also have no problems with 91 but usually run 92 since that's what the station by my house has.
Old 10/17/15, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
The best we can get locally is 91. I do have the JLT Oil Separator. I am not turning this thread into a which is better. I chose the JLT for appearance and ease of install. At shows I can easily remove it and install Factory Line. My first couple tanks I had zero Ping. Last 2 I have had Ping on 3/4 throttle in second and third gear. I do also add BG Supercharge to each tank. BG will not say it is a Octane Booster because the only way to claim that on a chemistry level is to know what base fuel you are starting with. But since I am getting a bit of Ping I may try to turn on Octane Adjust. Can always reverse it. I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone thought their car ran better with it on?...

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013