5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/14, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I had already received the Procal tool with the SD card last week. Already had the update done. That is why I was surprised when I received (2)SD cards today.
What is your name and VIN?
Old 8/6/14, 07:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by raysmust
What is your name and VIN?
I'll Message you the info
Old 8/6/14, 10:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Any feedback on the dup cards?

New tune? Shipping error?
Old 8/6/14, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by typesredline
Any feedback on the dup cards?

New tune? Shipping error?

My mistake
Old 8/9/14, 06:59 AM

glad I had installed

Well I had my reservations but had the track key installed yesterday and all I can say is after owning 5 srt 8 challengers .ford has a winner with a factory tune that rocks !
Throttle is crisp .car is responsive .idle is awesome .
woke this car up 😃
Old 8/9/14, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mfc133
I just got my SD card. Being that I have to reload the stock tune anyway, I'm gonna run with that for a while to get an idea how different the A/C behavior is between stock and FR tune. Will report back.
Wow you don't realize how much the stock tune sucked until you flash back to it. Less mid-range power, worse throttle response and without the engine braking it feels like the car wants to keep going forward when you switch from accelerating to braking.

The popping sound on decel through the GT500 mufflers just about disappears on the stock tune, the exhaust overall sounds much better on the Track Cal tune.

In regards to the A/C though, it definitely performs better on stock tune. The air temp coming out of the vents stays consistent, on the Track Cal tune you can feel it fluctuating.
Old 8/9/14, 05:52 PM

Updated Track Cal has been installed for about a week now. All is good so far, no CEL's. Car runs great.
Old 8/9/14, 06:29 PM

Wow you don't realize how much the stock tune sucked until you flash back to it. Less mid-range power, worse throttle response and without the engine braking it feels like the car wants to keep going forward when you switch from accelerating to braking.

The popping sound on decel through the GT500 mufflers just about disappears on the stock tune, the exhaust overall sounds much better on the Track Cal tune.

In regards to the A/C though, it definitely performs better on stock tune. The air temp coming out of the vents stays consistent, on the Track Cal tune you can feel it fluctuating.

I agree on the performance and drivability of the stock tune, it does kindof suck. Definitely noticeable when switching back and forth. I haven't noticed any huge differences in the AC but I will pay closer attention and see if I notice anything "weird".
Old 8/9/14, 09:35 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I have the Boss302 side exhaust. Other than sound it doesn't really seem to affect anything else. The way the exhaust is designed you can't visually see that it is on the car. I love the sound.
My buddy has a 12 Boss & he punched out the restricted plate in it to get better flow but with track key I was told if you have a GT then it could void ur warranty but also spoke with SVT people & they said anything you bolt on
It is up to Ford to prove your bolt on caused the failure. So thier you go Magsun law applies but if dealership wants to fight you then, you'll need a lawyer
Old 8/9/14, 11:17 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TracKey / Tarack Cal tune really is that good, as you describe.

I was very pleased with my GT as stock with GT500 mufflers except for the lagging throttle response until I had my TracKey installed.

I have driven with the stock key for about 30 seconds since the TracKey install and will never go back.
Old 8/10/14, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SMOKE46
My buddy has a 12 Boss & he punched out the restricted plate in it to get better flow but with track key I was told if you have a GT then it could void ur warranty but also spoke with SVT people & they said anything you bolt on
It is up to Ford to prove your bolt on caused the failure. So thier you go Magsun law applies but if dealership wants to fight you then, you'll need a lawyer
Hmmm, it's right on the Ford Racing website that the Boss exhaust system (Side Exhaust Kit M-5220-MB ) is recommended for the "full lopey idle experience" it can't void the warranty??
Old 8/10/14, 10:11 AM

What restricted plate ?
Old 8/10/14, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by alan777

What restricted plate ?
The Boss mustang has side dumps to bypass the exhaust from the doors back. It exits out the side. From the factory they come with covers bolted to them, when you take off the cover you can open the hole as lager than the factory hole size.
Old 8/10/14, 06:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's after the cats and you can buy it from FRPP for the regular GT. in fact in the catalog for the Trackey Tune they recommend the Boss302 exhaust. My dealer had no issues installing it on my car. The plate is removeable so needing to punch it out.
Old 8/10/14, 07:06 PM
V6 Member

I mentioned the A/C issue to Ray right after installing the track key and he stated he can't see how it would be affected by the track key but after putting almost 300 miles round trip on my car this weekend it has to be related. My A/C immediately started having issues right after the install and this weekend kept cycling from warm and humid to cold and back n forth. Especially in traffic when the car in neutral. Going to try the stock key all week to make sure its not a A/C issue only.

Last edited by OneBadGtCs; 8/10/14 at 09:04 PM.
Old 8/11/14, 06:00 AM

Thought on a/c cycling

Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
I mentioned the A/C issue to Ray right after installing the track key and he stated he can't see how it would be affected by the track key but after putting almost 300 miles round trip on my car this weekend it has to be related. My A/C immediately started having issues right after the install and this weekend kept cycling from warm and humid to cold and back n forth. Especially in traffic when the car in neutral. Going to try the stock key all week to make sure its not a A/C issue only.
just a thought on the difference with/without trackey, the trackey uses a more aggressive cooling fan program which would in turn keep your head pressures lower and that normally would be better for a/c operation and longevity but if you were low on refrigerant from the factory or had a defective high low pressure switch it would make the problem noticeable quicker with trackey operation, the dealership should be able to diagnose that with a competent a/c technician easily they just might need to test it with trackey for better results. Just a thought, Ray might be able to add to that?
Old 8/11/14, 09:08 AM

I did my update for the TrackKey on Saturday. Drove it about 120 miles over the weekend. Check the readiness codes this morning and all were complete, espically the catalyst. So looks like every thing is good here.
Old 8/11/14, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

error

Last edited by 65sohc; 8/11/14 at 05:53 PM.
Old 8/12/14, 11:13 AM

300 miles so far .mostly track key miles .1 short trip with regular key .no issues at all .great job ford racing .I am very happy
Old 8/12/14, 03:47 PM
V6 Member

I have been a constant lurker on this thread and finally got enough confidence to order trackey. I received it today. I have an appointment scheduled for install in about a week and a half. My preferred dealer only has two techs that can install it and they had no availability this week. Bummer. I owe a big thanks to all you early adopters!

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013