Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/10, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
There's a guy in the GT500 section who ordered his GT500 on May 5th and it got delivered today June 12th
Thanks for pointing it out Jason !!
Old 6/12/10, 08:07 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GRABOID
How bout that service
I know huh?!
Originally Posted by RickyD
Thanks for pointing it out Jason !!
Sorry Rick I was just trying to lighten the mood. Hopefully yours comes in soon!
Old 6/12/10, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I know huh?!

Sorry Rick I was just trying to lighten the mood. Hopefully yours comes in soon!
Next week should be the week !!
Old 6/12/10, 08:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Got this from Ford CS today via email:

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the order status of your 2011 Ford Mustang. We regret that our dealer personnel were unable to meet your expectations in this matter. Please be informed that the retail orders for the Ford Mustang will be shipped/delivered late July.

They are going thru a new inspection process and the vehicles will be delivered after meeting the inspection needs.

Our sincerest apologies for the delivery delay of your vehicle. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding in regards with this matter.

Seriously?!?!?!?!?
Old 6/12/10, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the order status of your 2011 Ford Mustang. We regret that our dealer personnel were unable to meet your expectations in this matter. Please be informed that the retail orders for the Ford Mustang will be shipped/delivered late July.

They are going thru a new inspection process and the vehicles will be delivered after meeting the inspection needs.

Our sincerest apologies for the delivery delay of your vehicle. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding in regards with this matter.

Seriously?!?!?!?!?
LATE JULY?! WTF!
Old 6/12/10, 09:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
LATE JULY?! WTF!
Yeah, I got that over the phone too but I was like, "they must mean they'll have ALL cars shipped by then... not that that's when they'll START shipping."

And when I was discussing my deal with my dealer and proposing a reorder they told me that even if they did, it would be August before I got the car because they're just now accepting July orders (June is full apparently.)

What I don't understand is that with all this production why aren't we seeing cars and if ALL cars are going to go through this more thorough inspection process, when will ANYONE see a car!
Old 6/12/10, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think if I were to put into words what I think of this I'd be permabanned.
Old 6/12/10, 09:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
I think if I were to put into words what I think of this I'd be permabanned.
I'd like to see someone corroborate it. I have a hard time believing this after all the 6/20 and 6/27 dates that have been thrown around.
Old 6/12/10, 09:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd like to see someone corroborate it. I have a hard time believing this after all the 6/20 and 6/27 dates that have been thrown around.
I sincerely hope that they're blowing smoke and just buying themselves a large window so that they can easily beat their new ETAs. If this is true, Ford is going to lose millions in canceled orders. Someone might say that they'll just sell them to other customers. I agree, but that "other customer" is just buying a car off a lot. Could have sold two instead of one.
Old 6/12/10, 11:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Late July? **** that. Seriously. I will not wait that long.
Old 6/13/10, 12:01 AM
GT Member

Well if my dealer calls Monday, or his Rep. I will pose that question to him. If thats the case i will cancel my order Monday. June is the end for me. So what about all the dealers cars out west, and everyone who has got them so far? Do they have to have them rechecked? There must be something big going on. Ronn
Old 6/13/10, 12:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Late July? **** that. Seriously. I will not wait that long.
I would, but I suspect I'm in a very, very small minority (Hopefully they meant June). Also interesting that that mentions retail orders, not stock.

Last edited by Lancel; 6/13/10 at 12:10 AM.
Old 6/13/10, 12:10 AM
GT Member

Yeah when Ford HQ called Thursday, the lady said my car would be released within 2 weeks. Did things change that much in one day? Ronn

Last edited by Ronn; 6/13/10 at 01:47 PM.
Old 6/13/10, 05:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Seriously?!?!?!?!?
I'm hoping they're just padding the timeframe...

The Camaro I test drove yesterday is looking like my next vehicle more and more each day. Ford has 26 days to get my car here... not shipped by then, but actually here -@ the dealer or my driveway.
Old 6/13/10, 06:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Here again, don't get all twisted up by what you hear from Ford BS. I'll bet it is a contracted call center service. They have access to certain computer functions, and when you call, they are just reading scripts and looking on screens.

When one of the call center peeps can't satisfy you, they say you're going to be refered to their supervisor. These are people who write e-mails rather than talk to you. That way they don't have to listen to you.

The e-mail that I received was full of bad punctuation, sentence structure, etc. The 'supervisor' refered to my car as a Mustang G-E-T. No ****.

Quit calling this place, they are as worthless as most salespersons in terms of reliable information.
Old 6/13/10, 06:20 AM
FR500 Member

I do know that June 25th is the last day for B-shift. I have no idea of which workers are taking care of all the QC stuff however.
Old 6/13/10, 08:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I do know that June 25th is the last day for B-shift. I have no idea of which workers are taking care of all the QC stuff however.
Well that could be good OR bad depending on how you look at it. On the one hand, they'll slow production and maybe not have such a flood of cars filling Ramp 51. On the other hand, they'll probably also have less people to fix the cars that are undergoing "final inspection."

But really, if final inspection takes weeks and assembly takes a day or two, there's something wrong with the process. Quality should be BUILT IN, not added after the car is built. Ford needs to fix this rather than running ragged with thousands of cars on the lot just sitting and waiting for this "final inspection."
Old 6/13/10, 01:11 PM
GT Member

Please be informed that the retail orders for the Ford Mustang will be shipped/delivered late July.
I ordered May 14th and just got word my expected delivery date is July 4th weekend. We have nearly the exact same car ordered. I'll post pics when I get it.

/neanar neaner
Old 6/13/10, 01:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tmclaugh

/neanar neaner
Old 6/13/10, 01:50 PM
GT Member

Yeah post pictures of Ford CS telling you it will be another month! Lol Ron

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds