Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/10, 07:10 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!

Now see what you can do for the rest of us!

Originally Posted by mfbris
I got a call from Ford today.

Seems like my emails I sent to the higher ups worked.
I have had a person petty high on the command list working with me the last week.
He said he would have me some answers by today.

He called and said they found, fixed and released my car for shipment today and told all involved that this is a hot order and it needs to get here ASAP.
Hold told me 4 to 6 days to get it and he would call me back by Friday AM at the latest to confirm a definite ETA.

Old 6/9/10, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think what he means is that these issues can happen, and we're just pointing out that Ford is quite obviously doing everything they can to make sure everything fits properly, rather than building a car, assuming it's perfect the first time, and throwing it at you to deal with a bad clutch, faulty PCM, or noisy timing chain. Yes, it would be better if they'd give us more information, but faulting them for identifying a problem in your car and fixing it instead of being perfect is a little cynical. I mean yeah, it sucks that this is happening and that it wasn't right the first time, but hey, the wait is better than playing lemon roulette.
Old 6/9/10, 08:35 PM
FR500 Member

I'll suggest this again, because it seems no one took me up on it last time.

There is a place to specifically send open letters to Ford's executives and management. It is THIS forum. If everyone who has been a victim of the total lack of info were to post there, management will get a very clear picture of how much the problem is affecting current/future sales. You want a place to (politely!) vent, then this is it, PARTICULARLY those of you who are thinking of buying something else because of your experience.

The more stories that get posted, the bigger the impact it would have.

Last edited by PTRocks; 6/9/10 at 08:38 PM.
Old 6/9/10, 08:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks

There is a place to specifically send open letters to Ford's executives and management. It is THIS forum. If everyone who has been a victim of the total lack of info were to post there, management will get a very clear picture of how much the problem is affecting current/future sales. You want a place to (politely!) vent, then this is it, PARTICULARLY those of you who are thinking of buying something else because of your experience.

Last post Nov. 29-2010. Hum.
Old 6/9/10, 08:52 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Last post Nov. 29-2010. Hum.
That's the sticky. (actually it's nov 2008) The last post was June 3rd.
Old 6/9/10, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd respond to that thread, Ford claims they browse off the fan/sites, should have noticed by now though.
Old 6/9/10, 09:01 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by super6stang
I'd respond to that thread, Ford claims they browse off the fan/sites, should have noticed by now though.
That forum is generally fairly quiet. I would expect that if the was suddenly a lot of activity it will get people's attention. It's not like here where a thread gets buried in an hour.

I would post there myself, but I don't have a car on order, so I don't have a horse in this race.

Last edited by PTRocks; 6/9/10 at 09:03 PM.
Old 6/9/10, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mfbris
I got a call from Ford today.

Seems like my emails I sent to the higher ups worked.
I have had a person petty high on the command list working with me the last week.
He said he would have me some answers by today.

He called and said they found, fixed and released my car for shipment today and told all involved that this is a hot order and it needs to get here ASAP.
Hold told me 4 to 6 days to get it and he would call me back by Friday AM at the latest to confirm a definite ETA.

Where in Illinois?
Old 6/9/10, 10:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Just to reiterate my point when I brought up the 10,225 stangs sold last month... and everyone said the majority was of that was 2010's.... Of them- 43% were 2010 models. So that means 5,829 were 2011 model year. ~170 sold per day. Make of it what you will. For If that shows a "hold" on production... I don't get it.
Old 6/10/10, 10:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
Just to reiterate my point when I brought up the 10,225 stangs sold last month... and everyone said the majority was of that was 2010's.... Of them- 43% were 2010 models. So that means 5,829 were 2011 model year. ~170 sold per day. Make of it what you will. For If that shows a "hold" on production... I don't get it.
Creative accounting. . .
Old 6/10/10, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

That forum is generally fairly quiet. I would expect that if the was suddenly a lot of activity it will get people's attention. It's not like here where a thread gets buried in an hour.

I would post there myself, but I don't have a car on order, so I don't have a horse in this race.
I joined and will be opening a post tonight... Heading home from work and can't type on the bus. **** motion sickness.
Old 6/10/10, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Creative accounting. . .
Most are V6's it seems. All dealers around me except one have nothing but V6's and Shelby's.
Old 6/10/10, 04:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SuperSugeKnight
Most are V6's it seems. All dealers around me except one have nothing but V6's and Shelby's.
And most are autos . . . I've been having a hard timing finding a Kona Blue V6 manual. . .
Old 6/10/10, 04:35 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got my update thanks to Dan (montrealponies)

Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - D67 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI Jun-07-2010, 13:04 ET Jun-15-2010

Old 6/10/10, 04:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Just got my update thanks to Dan (montrealponies)

Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - D67 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI Jun-07-2010, 13:04 ET Jun-15-2010

Good news, cool

Called CS, no change since May 22nd
Got my loan from my Credit Union, test driving my Plan B tomorrow evening. I will make a post on BlueOvalNews.com tonight

Last edited by Kahdir; 6/10/10 at 04:40 PM.
Old 6/10/10, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
And most are autos . . . I've been having a hard timing finding a Kona Blue V6 manual. . .
here is you one if florida. looks nice. has electronics package, 3.31s, man trans. rear backup camera

http://www.garyyeomansford.com/new/F...eHistory=true#

i know, i know. long way way. but hey i thought you like to see it

Last edited by trick25; 6/10/10 at 04:47 PM.
Old 6/10/10, 04:51 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kahdir
Good news, cool

Got my loan from my Credit Union, test driving my Plan B tomorrow evening. I will make a post on BlueOvalNews.com tonight
that sucks kahdir. I hope plan B is a dealer stock in your area and not another car
Old 6/10/10, 05:07 PM
Cobra R Member

I will be driving a new car by my birthday, 2011 Mustang or 2010 Camaro... doesn't matter at this point because which ever one I don't buy will be purchased next year or so

The Camaro is the easiest for me to buy off the lot exactly the way I want... Just has to be a manual 2SS/RS; preferably white w/ orange stripes & orange interior or victory red w/ black interior.

The Stang was going to be impossible for me to find the exact way I wanted...
Grabber blue, blue accent interior, manual, 3.73 rear, spoiler delete, Shaker 1000 w/ anti-theft.

I'll be better prepared when ordering next time -2012 or 2014

Last edited by Kahdir; 6/10/10 at 06:14 PM.
Old 6/10/10, 05:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Kahdir
Good news, cool

Let us know on the thread......
Old 6/10/10, 05:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by trick25
here is you one if florida. looks nice. has electronics package, 3.31s, man trans. rear backup camera

http://www.garyyeomansford.com/new/F...eHistory=true#

i know, i know. long way way. but hey i thought you like to see it
I'm actually IN FL right now. :-) At least until tomorrow morning. Just the other side of the state.

It's not an MCA but quite frankly, that's not a show-stopper.

Thanks for the link. This may be my next car. Going to contact the dealer.

EDIT: Interesting that this car is an X-PLAN order. . . Look at the window sticker and it's showing an "A COHEN/GARCIA" on it and it clear is an x-plan order "OT X".

And of course when I called, it appears to be sold "today." :-/ (He said they sold 5 today.)

Last edited by corvettedreamin; 6/10/10 at 05:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds