Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/10, 11:23 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I have 2 V6 Mustangs in stock and I'm hoping to see some GTs soon. But since Ford hasn't updated the VV, I can't estimate anything anymore.
My dealer actually emailed me this morning to see if I had heard anything on the forums that could explain the hold on Mustangs.

My GT was built 4/26, ETA at dealer was 5/4....still is, no updates.
Old 6/7/10, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CG205
My dealer actually emailed me this morning to see if I had heard anything on the forums that could explain the hold on Mustangs.

Lol, Tell him you'll keep him in the loop if he drops the price to 500 under invoice. After all you should be paid for all the work they should be doing.
Old 6/7/10, 11:33 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CG205

My sales guy emails me most weekends to see how I'm doing and I pass long the info I get from here about the holds and deliveries to him.
Old 6/7/10, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

You would think we could at least find out if dealerships are receiving GT deliveries. But even that seems a mystery. I would survey the local dealerships myself if I didn't live in the middle of nowhere.
Old 6/7/10, 01:35 PM

Doing some research on local dealerships has shown that there are plenty of GT's in circulation. If Ford refuses to give me any information on my order except that it was built two months ago, then I don't see why I shouldn't just shop around for one that's already on a lot.
Old 6/7/10, 02:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Krom
Doing some research on local dealerships has shown that there are plenty of GT's in circulation. If Ford refuses to give me any information on my order except that it was built two months ago, then I don't see why I shouldn't just shop around for one that's already on a lot.
Texas seems to be doing well in getting the GT's also. I just can't find a 401a to convince me enough to pick up a 400a off the lot. Just getting more picky by the day I suppose.
Old 6/7/10, 02:07 PM
Cobra Member

My local dealer has three on the ground with pictures posted
Old 6/7/10, 03:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Got my iPhone fix for the day.... Pre-order June 15th, delivery by June 24th...

If only I could count on Ford to deliver a product that quickly

I'm betting my iPhone gets here before my car.
Ford has 32 days left to get my car here or I'm canceling
Old 6/7/10, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been thinking long and hard about what could be done to speed up delivery of our vehicles still sitting at Ramp 51. There has clearly been a lot of cars shipped to people who ordered well over a month after some of our cars (mine included) were built. So what they need to do is stop building new cars and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3uxqwTxk0
Old 6/7/10, 03:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
LOL!

"FIX IT"
Old 6/7/10, 03:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
I have been thinking long and hard about what could be done to speed up delivery of our vehicles still sitting at Ramp 51. There has clearly been a lot of cars shipped to people who ordered well over a month after some of our cars (mine included) were built. So what they need to do is stop building new cars and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3uxqwTxk0
The "Fix it" skit is one of my all time favorites!

Now, when all of this comes to a weary end the problems will have been FIXED!
Then you can all relax and "do it!"
Old 6/7/10, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

The comment on the other thread about a dealer saying it would take another two months to see delivery just got me a little aggravated. I know (hope) it's prob BS but then I remembered it's already been 2 months and nothing has happened to my car...

So they need to "FIX IT"
Old 6/7/10, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kahdir
Got my iPhone fix for the day.... Pre-order June 15th, delivery by June 24th...

If only I could count on Ford to deliver a product that quickly

I'm betting my iPhone gets here before my car.
Ford has 32 days left to get my car here or I'm canceling

How much did it run? I might have to pick a new one up myself seeing its been awhile since I got the first one.
Old 6/7/10, 04:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by GRABOID
How much did it run? I might have to pick a new one up myself seeing its been awhile since I got the first one.
If you can upgrade this year, the iPhone 4 will be out June 24th. $199 for 16g I think. I had the prices up earlier.

Back to topic I suppose.
Old 6/7/10, 04:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by GRABOID
As Automagically stated for the 16gb... and the 32gb is $299 (with 2yr agreement)
Old 6/7/10, 05:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Karpro
I did have one of mine update today (Montreal Ponies' car) while 12 others haven't changed since mid to late May. It makes it hard for us to do our job properly.
I feel a bit of guilt since mine keeps updating and not the others. I guess life is good with me.
Thx for the follow up Paul.
Old 6/7/10, 05:25 PM
Cobra R Member

*** Disclaimer: The events I'm about to reveal were only a dream, none of which has happened or even possible. This was only a dream. ***

I'm only gonna share a snippet of a weird dream I had about my ordered 2011 Mustang GT...

...Amazingly the car gets here on a weekend and I start looking it over when I get it home and notice that the engine VIN doesn't match the car VIN...

My happy dream turns into a nightmare from there

I know I'm not much of a story teller, but with my last Mustang dream coming true (Built on a Friday - 120100514) I figured I'd write this one down before it happens...
Old 6/7/10, 05:36 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
The Ford Dealer 4 miles from where i live (i wouldn't buy crap from them) has a V-6 and G.T. on their lot but the V.I.N.'s are lower numbers than my Mustang's. I don't know why but i got my car delivered to me around three weeks before they got their Mustangs delivered to sell on their lot.
Old 6/7/10, 05:38 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As many know, I work at a dealership. I had the oppertunity to talk with our regional rep on the phone today. He stated more or less that there were several powertrain issues they were resoloving. He also stated that the issues are not that big, but that the "new" person in charge of QC will not let the cars leave until they are perfect. Said even just a few years ago these cars may have shipped out and then been recalled or TSB'd. Also recieved a email.

"The vehicle is on quality control hold for various reason. As soon as the physical "re-works" have been done the vehicles will be released. They have not given us an ETA, but I will keep you posted."

I guess the fact that they are not "big" issues is a good thing, but I don't like not knowing what's going on either. I am slightly confused about the hold, as he stated they were not being released yet, but it seems to me that some are getting fixed and then being released after the "re-works"

Also, my car was sent offsite again, this time it says it went to "Jefferson" anyone else have their car go there?
Old 6/8/10, 09:32 AM
GT Member

Take with another HUGE grain of salt; but this could be it:

Spoke with my sales manager just now and he said for the affected vehicles, an issue was discovered with a driveline vibration -- One of the driveshaft balance weights was welded slightly out of position, so the driveshafts must be reinstalled, rebalanced and checked (which is of course creating a huge bottleneck at AAI)...FWIW I do think he is telling the truth here, out of fear of losing business...

So for now my car is still on hold indefinitely...And it's affecting a lot of dealers, because I've been snooping around the region for another GT on the lots, and there have only been a trickle of V6's so far -- Even the big-volume dealers in the region may have only one GT in stock with no options I want...

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds