Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/10, 11:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronn
I called Ford HQ today, and the plant. I got a girl at the plant, who shot me to Ralphs voice message. So then i called Ford HQ. I talk to the operator, and was put in touch with the excecutive secretary. I told her my problem, and she called back in 2 hours. She said my car would be released within 2 weeks. Ok thats more then CS was telling me. However even being released, theres the shipping part. Im only 2.5 hours from the plant, but shipping could take awhile. Ronn
What is your current status? Offsite? Origin received? Produced?
Old 6/11/10, 06:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
People have started to post on blueovalnews in an attempt to shine some light on the lack of information. This poster gave a somewhat negative reply. We noticed he's from Rochester, so we're assuming he's from Van Bortel.

The full thread can be read here.
If that was one of our employees chances are they wouldn't be for much longer.
Old 6/11/10, 06:57 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
If that was one of our employees chances are they wouldn't be for much longer.
I would expect that to be the case. I imagine that type of individual would stick out from the rest of your team.
Old 6/11/10, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

I would expect that to be the case. I imagine that type of individual would stick out from the rest of your team.
Ray-NYC is actually me! I replied to that a bit ago... I was in a "post and run mode" as I was getting out of work, but I am glad the threads over there are picking up.. Hopefully some good will come out of it!
Old 6/11/10, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

From the BlueOval Forumns

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...t-shipped-yet/

I had an interesting conversation with my Ford Zone Manager yesterday regarding the delays in some 2011 Mustangs being released for shipping. As I've written previously, our store has one Mustang GT Premium Convertible that has now been held at the plant for over 2 months now. What I can share here is that approximately 6,000 vehicles including all 2011 Mustang models were held for a minor quality concern. Believe me, it's a minor issue but Ford would not permit the affected vehicles to be shipped as they wanted the vehicles corrected so that they were ready for sale upon arrival at dealerships and wouldn't be subject to any potential recall later on. Congrat's to Ford for being so cautious with vehicle quality!

Of the 6,000 vehicles affected by the quality hold, 3,500 have been serviced and released for shipment to dealers with the remaining units to be released by June 20th per Ford's orders to the plant. As such, all delayed units should be delivered to dealers by early July if not sooner.

Hope this information helps anyone that's been affected by the quality hold. Again, congrat's to Ford for being so diligent with vehicle quality!

This sounds accurate, and this is the first time I've heard that June 20th is Ford's deadline for all of these cars to leave the Ramp. That's what my dealer was told, if this is true we might be looking at the end of the hold by the end of next weekend
Old 6/11/10, 07:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Actually it looks like it was cheifstang that made the remarks about "armchair crybabies".
Old 6/11/10, 09:29 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
Actually it looks like it was cheifstang that made the remarks about "armchair crybabies".
He seems to have softened his tone now.
Old 6/11/10, 09:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

So when does QC ACTUALLY happen? Right after it's produced? Sitting at Ramp 51? Sitting at Ramp 5P?

I would assume that once your car passes "RELEASED" status (which I assume mine did) then QC is over?
Old 6/11/10, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would imagine some QC happens at the factory, but it may be the quality control hold results in all the cars on the ramp to be held there and inspected in more detail. Regardless, they're obviously doing some QC at the ramps (all of them as far as I know). If they pass they get loaded and shipped (which is where I say the car is free and clear), it they don't they go 'offsite' to be fixed.
Old 6/11/10, 10:14 AM
FR500 Member

One of the employees posting on blueovalnews mentioned that going offsite also means passing through the Vehicle Personalization Center for stripes to be added etc. The need to do this would appear as "VPC Ship through" on the window sticker. Unfortunately, this section of the window sticker is blanked out for the online version.

Last edited by PTRocks; 6/11/10 at 10:29 AM.
Old 6/11/10, 02:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Does anyone know if they ship cars on Sat/Sun?
I sure hope they do cuz mine has an ETA of June 27th, which is a Sunday.
Old 6/11/10, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just called Ford CS. Nothing new since my Monday update (7-June). Still awaiting shipping. She said there have to be final inspections done on all 5.0's which can delay shipping. Oh boy....
Old 6/11/10, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

One of the employees posting on blueovalnews mentioned that going offsite also means passing through the Vehicle Personalization Center for stripes to be added etc. The need to do this would appear as "VPC Ship through" on the window sticker. Unfortunately, this section of the window sticker is blanked out for the online version.
Could be! Can't think of why it would go to the VPC though, no stripes, no CS package, not even an Accessory Package. Maybe it was one of them that got accidentally striped.
Old 6/11/10, 04:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
From the BlueOval Forumns

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...t-shipped-yet/

This sounds accurate, and this is the first time I've heard that June 20th is Ford's deadline for all of these cars to leave the Ramp. That's what my dealer was told, if this is true we might be looking at the end of the hold by the end of next weekend
I wish there was a way I could pay extra to get my car on "Hot" status... I must have it on or before July 9th, 2010.
Old 6/11/10, 05:02 PM
GT Member

Well, I am disappointed that my car wasn't in this week, but it's better that they get it right. If I have to wait till July that will be more money I can save for the down payment.
Old 6/11/10, 06:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Radiohead
Well, I am disappointed that my car wasn't in this week, but it's better that they get it right. If I have to wait till July that will be more money I can save for the down payment.
This is true.
Old 6/11/10, 06:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Kahdir
I wish there was a way I could pay extra to get my car on "Hot" status... I must have it on or before July 9th, 2010.
Mine was elevated by my regional rep. . .
Old 6/11/10, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Mine was elevated by my regional rep. . .
Could you elaborate a bit more on that please.
Old 6/11/10, 06:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Im already wondering what the incentives will be in July lol.
I wanted it by the 4th weekend but o well....maybe Ill get it for my bday 7-22.
Old 6/11/10, 06:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Could you elaborate a bit more on that please.
Yes, my incessant *****ing and moaning apparently wasn't falling on deaf ears. The regional rep, a very nice woman, made some calls and asked some questions and elevated my car to "hot" status. Not that it has any impact on the actual delivery but today it went from Ramp 51 to Ramp 5P. Without jinxing it, I'm hoping that that is the start of it moving this way.

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds