Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/10, 07:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know what really sucks about these holds. I'm getting a Z-Plan discount because my Grandfather gave his life to Ford. Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with stage IV small cell carcinoma (lung cancer) last week and he starts chemo today. He was nearly in tears yesterday when he asked about my car. He knows he's never going to get to ride in it because of his "clean" requirements for the chemotherapy. Granted, this has been an unfortunate series of coincidences but a month past ETA while delivering dealer stock?!
Old 6/7/10, 07:18 AM
Cobra R Member

I just realized why my car is being held...

It's because of that Friday build quality thread I posted after seeing my window sticker (Blend Date/Bucked Date 120100514)

Old 6/7/10, 07:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
You know what really sucks about these holds. I'm getting a Z-Plan discount because my Grandfather gave his life to Ford. Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with stage IV small cell carcinoma (lung cancer) last week and he starts chemo today. He was nearly in tears yesterday when he asked about my car. He knows he's never going to get to ride in it because of his "clean" requirements for the chemotherapy. Granted, this has been an unfortunate series of coincidences but a month past ETA while delivering dealer stock?!
**** dude.
Old 6/7/10, 07:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
**** dude.
Unlucky.
Old 6/7/10, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Unlucky.
Well good luck.
Old 6/7/10, 08:12 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wingless
The dealer just alerted me that my GT that was ordered on 4/19 and was due on Monday will be delayed.
The dealer just called and my vehicle is due on June 16, a little more than a week later than the initial 6/6 delivery date.

We'll see if that date holds.
Old 6/7/10, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

The dealer just called and my vehicle is due on June 16, a little more than a week later than the initial 6/6 delivery date.

We'll see if that date holds.

When was your build date?
Old 6/7/10, 08:34 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
When was your build date?
How do I get that information?

Does it show on the window sticker?
Old 6/7/10, 08:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been checking on Vehicle Visiblity each day, about a dozen times a day, looking for ANY changes in the status of the cars that our forum members have ordered!! NOTHING!! Ford won't even update their own computers for us salespeople who actually use VV to help keep the customers up to date!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!
Old 6/7/10, 08:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff, you guys are much closer than I am in Texas. It seems here that the cars just keep rolling in. I can only assume that this is just aftermath of the first realeases. I guess it's hard to fully grasp what this hold is working its magic on since I see dealers popping up with 2011's here and there. Just wanted to know if the dealers in the NE were not seeing any new deliveries at all or if it's a slow trickle?
Old 6/7/10, 08:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Automagically
Jeff, you guys are much closer than I am in Texas. It seems here that the cars just keep rolling in. I can only assume that this is just aftermath of the first realeases. I guess it's hard to fully grasp what this hold is working its magic on since I see dealers popping up with 2011's here and there. Just wanted to know if the dealers in the NE were not seeing any new deliveries at all or if it's a slow trickle?
I have 2 V6 Mustangs in stock and I'm hoping to see some GTs soon. But since Ford hasn't updated the VV, I can't estimate anything anymore.
Old 6/7/10, 08:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I've been checking on Vehicle Visiblity each day, about a dozen times a day, looking for ANY changes in the status of the cars that our forum members have ordered!! NOTHING!! Ford won't even update their own computers for us salespeople who actually use VV to help keep the customers up to date!!! THIS SUCKS!!!!
I did have one of mine update today (Montreal Ponies' car) while 12 others haven't changed since mid to late May. It makes it hard for us to do our job properly.
Old 6/7/10, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

How do I get that information?

Does it show on the window sticker?

Yes, it's the end of the number in the top left.

So your nubmer should be XXXXXX20100603 (or something like that) which would mean June 03, 2010.
Old 6/7/10, 09:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
I did have one of mine update today (Montreal Ponies' car) while 12 others haven't changed since mid to late May. It makes it hard for us to do our job properly.
My car date was built the same day his was. Can you share the update or does that violate confidentiality?
Old 6/7/10, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just spoke with a nice girl in customer service who claimed that my ETA is still 5/6. She gave me the now regular "awaiting final inspection" line and then told me that the cars no longer have ETAs. She said, "Just stay in contact with your dealer."
Old 6/7/10, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Yes, it's the end of the number in the top left.

So your nubmer should be XXXXXX20100603 (or something like that) which would mean June 03, 2010.
My build date is May 18.
Old 6/7/10, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I just spoke with a nice girl in customer service who claimed that my ETA is still 5/6. She gave me the now regular "awaiting final inspection" line and then told me that the cars no longer have ETAs. She said, "Just stay in contact with your dealer."
Every time I go into my dealer and they blow smoke up my ***, I think they're laughing at me after I leave, so I quit going.
Old 6/7/10, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dragstart
Every time I go into my dealer and they blow smoke up my ***, I think they're laughing at me after I leave, so I quit going.
My salesman's been fairly good to me so far. He calls me weekly to tell me there's no news. He's as frustrated as I am with how Ford is handling this. I'm waiting for a car and he's waiting for a sale.
Old 6/7/10, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

This thread is just starting to get depressing. I feel sorry for all of us. I fear a lot of our cars got wrapped up in a hold somewhere while production still ran, and a bunch of cars got stacked in front of ours while the hold was resolved. GTs are still just a trickle over here, there are like 4 on dealer lots, and tons upon tons of V6s. I guess there's really no point in speculating, we'll never know. We'll just have to accept that the next thing we'll hear about our cars will be our dealers calling to say it's there.
Old 6/7/10, 11:12 AM
Bullitt Member

my salesman has also been good in updating me with "no news", other than 5/28 when he told me the car had gone off site and returned
the 1st GT they were supposed to get around 4/20 is still MIA

funny thing is that Apple Ford in Columbia, MD, who usually has a lot of mustangs just got a GT conv. last week and the state is different at the top of the sticker, it says PA
this car was built on 5/10

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds