Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/10, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was very informative. Glad I read it. Thx Sparky !

We are all used to our easy to manage small life... but in a multi-national company like Ford, some rules must apply and been enforced, else it will be free for all !!

If Ford last that long and is still here, they must be doing something well !!
Old 6/14/10, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah Sparky, thanks for the info.

If Ford would officially do this, it would ease the anxiety, but I'm sure they know that the more info you give out, the more ammo it gives people to pick you apart on.

All I know is, once I get in one of those moods, ( that's it ! keep the car!!), then I see a post like this, it's a balm. Thanks.
Old 6/14/10, 12:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky

<snip>

{Ever look at recall reports? Ever wonder why sometimes a recall only involves "4" specific VINs? It's because "internally" at the plant all vehicles are tracked as to what parts go in, when those parts were built, etc. There is a barcode on the vehicle that gets scanned at various points and every time it is released. Even if they released a vehicle that needs to come back into the plant (ie for a suspect component that was realized after) they rescan it after to make note that the car has been fixed.}

<snip>
Not just recall reports, but TSBs too! My F150 had a TSB for the brakes and it was very clear about which trucks (not by VIN but by manufacture date) were affected within the same MY. Recalls are for safety issues. Ford doesn't recall bad door panels or crap stereos. They just let you get it fixed under warranty or out of warranty if it has expired. In the case of the brakes, the TSB was a warranty item which I really gave Ford a lot of credit for since brakes are really a wear item. Now the window regulators on the 04-05 F150 are an entirely different disaster. . .
Old 6/14/10, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Nothin' new there, Sparky but good info and validation in one place. Thanks for that.

The issue is the WAY Ford is treating customers. From the dealerships to customer service to the absentee management. Whether it's shutting down a helpful source, taking away customer service privileges, or simply passing the buck to people who know nothing, there is just no sense that the customer is important in any of this. You can wave the quality flag as your banner of righteousness but as I've written before and I'll write it here again, "You can not expect to sell cars based on emotion and then not expect that same emotion to be a factor when they're not delivered."

It is interesting that you point out the a-pillar trim since that was actually one of the problems. What I don't understand is how a bunch of cars can go without it and they keep piling up on the lots but the new shipment of trim from the supplier comes in and those cars continue to sit. If the focus is on SELLING cars, they're no more sold sitting in the lot than if production was stopped. On the other hand, if B-shift is going to end in July and there's a production goal for that transition, it makes sense. Just build a pile of 'em and throw 'em in a lot and let someone else deal with it. They're still not sold but the production goal (and hence the marketing campaign) is met. Unfortunately, there's not one thing customer-focused about this approach.

I think EVERYONE will applaud Ford's goal/attempt at quality. But I've owned enough Ford's to know that they're never perfect and they never will be. If my car has the wrong coolant sticker, ask me if I care. If my car has stripes it shouldn't, ask me if I mind? If my car has a timing chain noise, ask me if I want it fixed or a new engine. Whatever the case, retail orders deserve a better level of service than the general feeling that is "we're just sending them to a dealer... keep knocking them out and sending them to Ramp 51."

So the question remains, "When will I see my 2011 Mustang?" Notwithstanding all of your consideration above (thanks for taking the time), that's really all people want to know.
I completely understand and can sympathize with the emotions myself. I'm in my 40s and I've been a building Fords since before I worked there, Ford goes back in my family decades longer. And I do understand your frustration; I've also waited for new vehicles that some features were "late availablity", which was almost an open-ended wait.

I wish I could provide more answers; unfortunately I don't have them, either.
Old 6/14/10, 12:25 PM
FR500 Member

Thanks for taking the time to post your insights Sparky, and for your hard work putting vehicles together. Hopefully at some point soon Ford will extend their focus on QC to the customer service side of the equation.
Old 6/14/10, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

dealer issues..

seeing my thread got mixed in here somewhere..

so after not hearing from either dealer since last week, i went to the "new" dealer today..

they cant find my car in either system.. they have no clue where my car is, they have no clue when it will arrive.. well after hearing that, i flipped out on the sales manager, right inthe middle of the show room where people where purchasing cars. i told her i've had it with <WATCH IT> excuses, i've been waiting 5 months since ordering, it's <WATCH IT> that people place an order in early may and already are driving their car, i know more about the <WATCH IT> car than any sales person/dealer does, i even know where the car is, i told her she has 2 weeks to get the car HERE, to move it to "hot status", if its not here in that time frame, i'm canceling my order getting my money back and going across the street and buying a camaro or vette.

her response. i'm going to contact my regional rep right now, i'll call you in a few hours..

and yes i swore in the middle of the dealership, was it appropriate, no, but i'm beyond pissed at this point.

Last edited by Boomer; 6/14/10 at 01:38 PM.
Old 6/14/10, 12:27 PM

I just called my dealer for an update. Told me the ETA was still 6/21. Then he said that magic work "BUT" I have another customer whos ETA was 6/5 and his car is still not here. Said I could call next week they update the info late Thursday everyweek. So they may have more for me then.
Old 6/14/10, 12:38 PM
Banned

Not just recall reports, but TSBs too! My F150 had a TSB for the brakes and it was very clear about which trucks (not by VIN but by manufacture date) were affected within the same MY. Recalls are for safety issues. Ford doesn't recall bad door panels or crap stereos. They just let you get it fixed under warranty or out of warranty if it has expired. In the case of the brakes, the TSB was a warranty item which I really gave Ford a lot of credit for since brakes are really a wear item. Now the window regulators on the 04-05 F150 are an entirely different disaster. . .
Just a couple of points. A recall (FSA Field Service Action) is usually either a governent mandated safety issue or an issue Ford deems serious enough to do on its own. A TSB (technical service bulletin) is an addendum to the Shop Service manual on recommended repair procedures IF the vehicle exhibits a described condition. This can vary from premature brake wear to "a rattle because a new guy on the job wasn't shown the right spot to put the vibration padding". It's a procedure to pinpoint and repair an issue that has cropped up. In part to make sure its fixed properly and in part to keep Ford from paying a dealer that throws parts at the problem until it's fixed.

And a side note; I work FOR Ford; but I am not Ford and not A Ford (lol). Yes, I'm a Ford loyalist but at the same time I am well aware that the company isn't perfect and that there is room for improvement in the system. So understand that while most of us do what we can to help, I'm not responsible for all Ford's ills. Just keep it in mind before shooting the messenger, even if you've heard the message before.
Old 6/14/10, 01:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Just a couple of points. A recall (FSA Field Service Action) is usually either a governent mandated safety issue or an issue Ford deems serious enough to do on its own. A TSB (technical service bulletin) is an addendum to the Shop Service manual on recommended repair procedures IF the vehicle exhibits a described condition. This can vary from premature brake wear to "a rattle because a new guy on the job wasn't shown the right spot to put the vibration padding". It's a procedure to pinpoint and repair an issue that has cropped up. In part to make sure its fixed properly and in part to keep Ford from paying a dealer that throws parts at the problem until it's fixed.

And a side note; I work FOR Ford; but I am not Ford and not A Ford (lol). Yes, I'm a Ford loyalist but at the same time I am well aware that the company isn't perfect and that there is room for improvement in the system. So understand that while most of us do what we can to help, I'm not responsible for all Ford's ills. Just keep it in mind before shooting the messenger, even if you've heard the message before.
I'm not shootin' ya, Sparky. But the d@mn messengers ARE the ones who FORD is making prime targets these days!
Old 6/14/10, 01:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by pony racer
seeing my thread got mixed in here somewhere..

so after not hearing from either dealer since last week, i went to the "new" dealer today..

they cant find my car in either system.. they have no clue where my car is, they have no clue when it will arrive.. well after hearing that, i flipped out on the sales manager, right inthe middle of the show room where people where purchasing cars. i told her i've had it with excuses, i've been waiting 5 months since ordering, it's that people place an order in early may and already are driving their car, i know more about the car than any sales person/dealer does, i even know where the car is, i told her she has 2 weeks to get the car HERE, to move it to "hot status", if its not here in that time frame, i'm canceling my order getting my money back and going across the street and buying a camaro or vette.

her response. i'm going to contact my regional rep right now, i'll call you in a few hours..

and yes i swore in the middle of the dealership, was it appropriate, no, but i'm beyond pissed at this point.
I'm very impressed with the diverse use of your misspellings while you were being careful not to get censored.

Your sentiments are exactly why I got my deposit back. And why I think ALL deposits on cars with long-expired ETAs should be refunded. Every customer should have the chance to a) find the car elsewhere, b) wait it out without feeling obligated to that dealer, or c) buy an entirely different product.

I feel pretty good now. If the car shows up and I'm still interested in buying it and the incentives are still good, I'll do it. But that whole "non refundable deposit" thing just irked me to no end when they couldn't tell me when I'd even get my car.

Last edited by Boomer; 6/14/10 at 01:38 PM.
Old 6/14/10, 01:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey man, if I could get a job 2 car I would get Sunset Gold (or is it Yellow Blaze) with Bright Machined 19" rims.

Oh wells.

A lot of people hate on em, but I think yellow mustangs look SICK!
Old 6/14/10, 01:30 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks OAC for typing in great detail.

Pony Racer... breathe... with less swearing.

Last edited by Boomer; 6/14/10 at 01:41 PM.
Old 6/14/10, 01:49 PM
GT Member

Old 6/14/10, 01:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerstars
Hey man, if I could get a job 2 car I would get Sunset Gold (or is it Yellow Blaze) with Bright Machined 19" rims.

Oh wells.

A lot of people hate on em, but I think yellow mustangs look SICK!
Sunset Gold was a 2010 only color. Yellow Blaze is the 2011 Job 2 color.
Old 6/14/10, 02:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RandyW
Sunset Gold was a 2010 only color. Yellow Blaze is the 2011 Job 2 color.
What a **** shame. Sunset Gold is gorgeous. I am kind of wishing I went Kona or Job2 Yellow Blaze.
Old 6/14/10, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

What a **** shame. Sunset Gold is gorgeous. I am kind of wishing I went Kona or Job2 Yellow Blaze.
You won't regret that Red candy once you get it. Hell I considered reordering when I saw red candy in person.

Last edited by HokieCodeMonkey; 6/14/10 at 02:24 PM.
Old 6/14/10, 02:34 PM
Cobra R Member

OMG, Jokerstars is thinking about changing his order.

Oh, wait, that's the same tune that was on the radio yesterday. And the day before. And the day before that.
Old 6/14/10, 02:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Thank you Sparky for your time and information.

Maybe I will return to the Ford fold someday...
Old 6/14/10, 02:37 PM
Bullitt Member

OMG, Jokerstars is thinking about changing his order.

Oh, wait, that's the same tune that was on the radio yesterday. And the day before. And the day before that.
He's running out of time. Maybe they can repaint it while it's on the convoy truck. :P
Old 6/14/10, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. I was very disappointed when I found out that I wouldn't be able to get a 2011 in Sunset Gold. After much deliberation I chose Kona Blue.

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds