Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/10, 05:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that stinks man

sorry

Last edited by trick25; 6/10/10 at 05:31 PM.
Old 6/10/10, 05:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Creative accounting. . .
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/07/f...lly-backstory/
Old 6/10/10, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

by the way covervette dreaming is there another color that you may be interested in beside kona blue i may see a loaded one like that in a different color.
Old 6/10/10, 05:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by trick25
that stinks man

sorry
OK, so the car IS there.

No price better than x-plan but he expects to sell it by Saturday. Which would make it NEARLY impossible for me to buy by then unless I skip my flight to VA and drive to the dealer in a one-way rental or drag my friend from Orlando into helping me. And then drive the 15 hours back to VA.

Doable. But I really should get my $500 back from the first dealer. LOL!

And the funny thing about this car is it has the "sport appearance package" which includes a tape stripe and a rear spoiler. But the tape stripe got deleted and the rear camera which it has requires the spoiler ANYWAY!

And the x-plan names are apparently the sales manager and one of the salesman.

Just might do it if it works out. . .
Old 6/10/10, 05:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by trick25
by the way covervette dreaming is there another color that you may be interested in beside kona blue i may see a loaded one like that in a different color.
Nope... I bleed Kona blue. . . :-)

Although with all these delays I'm sure I have a clot.
Old 6/10/10, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm actually IN FL right now. :-) At least until tomorrow morning. Just the other side of the state.

It's not an MCA but quite frankly, that's not a show-stopper.

Thanks for the link. This may be my next car. Going to contact the dealer.

EDIT: Interesting that this car is an X-PLAN order. . . Look at the window sticker and it's showing an "A COHEN/GARCIA" on it and it clear is an x-plan order "OT X".

And of course when I called, it appears to be sold "today." :-/ (He said they sold 5 today.)

I thought that I read somewhere your name shows on the window sticker.......mine doesnt so it was ordered as a stock right?
Old 6/10/10, 06:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by GRABOID
I thought that I read somewhere your name shows on the window sticker.......mine doesnt so it was ordered as a stock right?

If your order type (lower part of the sticker) shows OT n (where n is 1 or 2) and not OT X, it's not an X-plan order.
Old 6/10/10, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Does anyone know if they ship cars on Sat/Sun?
Old 6/10/10, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Awaiting Shipment Returned from Offsite - Driver (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-10-2010, 10:03 ET Jun-01-2010

Woo! Dunno who this Driver is, but GTFO of my car!
Old 6/10/10, 06:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
My guess is yes to Saturday but maybe not on Sunday. . . because the shipping companies probably want to keep up/get paid. But that's purely speculation on my part.
Old 6/10/10, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
Awaiting Shipment Returned from Offsite - Driver (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-10-2010, 10:03 ET Jun-01-2010

Seems your ETA already passed! :-P
Old 6/10/10, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

If your order type (lower part of the sticker) shows OT n (where n is 1 or 2) and not OT X, it's not an X-plan order.
Mine is 1. New Q, why would they not order it as a retail and order it as stock instead?
Old 6/10/10, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

your head is going to A$$PLODE if you dont calm down lol.
Old 6/10/10, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can barely sleep at night. Knowing my car is DONE and waiting to just be put on a truck is killing me. I'd jump for joy if a seriously thought I'd get my car by it's 18-june ETA but I don't see that happening unless it gets moving TOMORROW!
Old 6/10/10, 07:40 PM
Cobra R Member

I can barely sleep at night. Knowing my car is DONE and waiting to just be put on a truck is killing me. I'd jump for joy if a seriously thought I'd get my car by it's 18-june ETA but I don't see that happening unless it gets moving TOMORROW!
<edit> Watch your language....

Ordered: 4/3
Built: 5/4
Shipped: NEVER

Last edited by Boomer; 6/10/10 at 08:10 PM.
Old 6/10/10, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Seems your ETA already passed! :-P
Maybe they realized this and installed a Flux Capacitor to correct their error. :P
Old 6/10/10, 08:20 PM
FR500 Member

I see that a couple of posts have shown up. One commenter was not quite receptive to one complaint. This is what I posted in response.
Originally Posted by PTRocks
Actually, a large number of cars are on hold because the wrong coolant label was applied, a bunch more got striped when the "delete" option was specified. Still others have noisy timing chains, and a handful have an engine tick. QC is doing a very good job of making sure these cars with issues don't end up in the customers hands.

What has changed is the way companies (other than Ford) handle their logistics. The majority of manufacturers/vendors now offer some form of order and shipment tracking. While the process of building and QC'ing a vehicle is much more complex than for other products, customer service isn't. Because of the improvement in logistics and shipping, people are now used to being able to obtain up-to-date information about the status of their order. In the particular case of the 2011 Mustang, there is a disproportionate number of customers who have custom ordered their cars.

These people have waited for information about their order while others who ordered later have already taken delivery. This is wrong. If a car is being held, the customer should have a reasonable expectation of getting specific, useful information. Right now, Ford has completely dropped the ball in this regard. Neither customers nor dealers can get any information about their orders. As a result Ford's reputation is taking a beating on the Internet forums, rightly so in my opinion.

Ford is losing sales now. This is going to get much, much worse once the Fiesta comes out. As I recall, the marketing people have twigged to the fact that they are trying to attract a new type of customer, and because of the immediacy of the Internet, Ford has ONE CHANCE to get it right (Ford's words). If the debacle that has been the Mustang production/hold/shipment info black hole isn't fixed in time for the Fiesta launch, then all of the hard work that has been put in to market the car will have been wasted.

Since the Fiesta is a new platform being built at a newly rebuilt facility, it is normal to expect that there will be extended QC holds etc. Ford cannot afford to fail to keep the customers who've placed orders properly informed. The appropriate answer to "Where's my car?" should be "We're sorry, but our quality assurance people have determined that the wrong coolant-type label has been applied to your car. Since using the wrong type of coolant can damage your engine, we are working with our suppliers to expedite the printing of the correct labels so they can be installed. Because of design and production lead times, we unfortunately expect that it will be three more weeks before we will be able to get your car to you. Please accept our apologies for the delay, we hope that you will appreciate our efforts to ensure your car meets your expectations as delivered."

That response is INFINITELY better than the canned responses now being offered to potential Mustang customers.

The customer knowing what's wrong with their car makes Ford look diligent. Not getting any information makes Ford look incompetent.

Last edited by PTRocks; 6/10/10 at 08:40 PM.
Old 6/10/10, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lancel

Do you know who long your car was offsite before it was returned? My status just changed on Monday from Ramp 5P to sent offsite.
Old 6/10/10, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I see that a couple of posts have shown up. One commenter was not quite receptive to one complaint. This is what I posted in response.
I want to know who that is that's referring to Ford's most loyal customers as "Armchair crybabies".
Old 6/10/10, 08:31 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
I want to know who that is that's referring to Ford's most loyal customers as "Armchair crybabies".
Well, hopefully my response put him in his place.

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds