Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/10, 01:43 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

My dad just called the sales manager at the dealer I ordered my car from, Holman Ford Mount Laurel, NJ. The sales manager called someone at Ford and they said it has something to do with a noise from the timing chain. Not all the cars on hold have it, but they have to check them all before they are released. He said this should all be sorted out by 6/20/10. This is what they told my dad, so I'm just passing it along.

I ordered a GT Premium, 6-Speed Manual.
Ordered 1/21/10
Built 4/15/10

Tony

Last edited by TonyB84; 6/2/10 at 01:46 PM.
Old 6/2/10, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

not this agaaaaaaaaaaain
Old 6/2/10, 01:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Assuming your info is accuate, how does this affect cars being built right now?
Old 6/2/10, 01:52 PM
Cobra R Member

I heard the 6/20 date last week. And today Ford CS told me that the hold was indefinite. Perhaps the "tick" was more than just the timing chain. Maybe this cool new TiVCT thing doesn't work so well . . . except in press cars.
Old 6/2/10, 02:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Weird that someone would order the Brembo Package and then order the Shaker 1000 adding weight over the rear of the car. Hmm...
Old 6/2/10, 02:16 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
Weird that someone would order the Brembo Package and then order the Shaker 1000 adding weight over the rear of the car. Hmm...
What does one necessarily have to do with the other?

Most people ordering the brembo package aren't really worried about ulrimate performance, just bragging points.

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 6/2/10 at 08:38 PM.
Old 6/2/10, 02:20 PM
GT Member

So how many different reasons is that now? 6 or 7? (I know some of the given reasons are hearsay and unproven rumor, but still)
Old 6/2/10, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tyrrell-Ford P34
So how many different reasons is that now? 6 or 7? (I know some of the given reasons are hearsay and unproven rumor, but still)
AFIAK- all of the reasons are hearsay. Ford wouldn't even confirm a hold until just recently.
Old 6/2/10, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I heard the 6/20 date last week. And today Ford CS told me that the hold was indefinite. Perhaps the "tick" was more than just the timing chain. Maybe this cool new TiVCT thing doesn't work so well . . . except in press cars.
Wow- who crapped in your coffee this morning? You've been on a tear.
Old 6/2/10, 02:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Dealers know about as much as the bag boys at my grocery store.
Old 6/2/10, 02:41 PM

The Ford rep told my dealer June 20, also. Supposed to be a problem with the 5.0? The Ford rep would only tell him this on the phone and would not put it in an email. He was told that because of the problems they're having with Mustang sold units, the new Edge production will be dealer stock orders only until Ford is sure everything is good, and then they'll start building sold units.
Old 6/2/10, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

All 2011 GT's on hold!

Just got off phone with Ford CS.

Rep stated " All 11 GT's on hold "
when asked what for?
" quality inspections "

no matter how much i hit her with "probing questions" ( which is what i do for a living). i couldnt get anything more out of her other than her saying canned responces..

they dont know the reason why, so dont waste you time calling them, nor did they have a clue when the hold will be lifted and when the cars will ship.

my ETA in system shows 5-24..

now if any insiders might want to shed some light on this,
because i myself am getting pretty aggravated at this point. i've been more than patient.
but going on almost 6 months since ordering..
and im getting close to the point where ill cancel my order and buy a Vette.

so if any insider read this..
keep in mind more customers are getting more and more tired of these delays without some sort of answer to their concerns and may take their buisness elsewhere..

please lets keep this constructive.
if you have a car on order "awaiting shipment" please, advise of intentions if this isn't resolved soon

Last edited by pony racer; 6/2/10 at 03:22 PM.
Old 6/2/10, 03:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I wonder if us with are cars will be getting a recall notice in the future?
Old 6/2/10, 03:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Yes, my wait is going on 6 months as well. I thought about cancelling, but what would that get me?

I guess I'll just wait, but if I don't get both of the $500 (rebate), and the $750 private offer discounts when my car finally comes in then it's no deal!
Old 6/2/10, 03:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

If I'm not mistaken, this is the second overall hold. There is always rumor, speculation and guessing but IF there is a recall - it certainly is bad news. Another thread mentioned a salesperson telling the poster there were some technical issues with the 2011's. Again, hopefully alot of smoke and no fire!
Old 6/2/10, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

dont get me wrong, i'm glad they upped their QC.. what im getting aggravated about is the fact that NO ONE knows, why or how long, or the ones in the "know" from Ford are not saying anything, which as far a a CS goes. is not good for the "PAYING" customer
Old 6/2/10, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by pony racer
dont get me wrong, i'm glad they upped their QC.. what im getting aggravated about is the fact that NO ONE knows, why or how long, or the ones in the "know" from Ford are not saying anything, which as far a a CS goes. is not good for the "PAYING" customer
I'm not buying it. My car was built last week and today my dealer called me saying he recieved a railcar number. It is on it's way.
Old 6/2/10, 04:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

You're very lucky. A lot of people have been waiting much longer (heck, there are probably people whose cars were built before you even ordered who haven't had theirs shipped yet ). Also, if I may submit, I would think such a hold, given the huge lots they have full of cars and given that they need to be shipping cars out sooner rather than later with all the shipping delays that Ford would now consider inspecting each car individually for the issue, then stamping it for immediate shipping if the issue is not present and keeping the rest until the issue can be fixed. As some have pointed out, many people by now have already received their cars and have not had an issue.

Last edited by Lancel; 6/2/10 at 04:06 PM.
Old 6/2/10, 04:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by pony racer
Just got off phone with Ford CS.

and im getting close to the point where ill cancel my order and buy a Vette.

please lets keep this constructive.
if you have a car on order "awaiting shipment" please, advise of intentions if this isn't resolved soon
Yep, I'm seriously thinking about canceling and buying a used 'vette. $30k buys a lot of car and I can get the same financing rate for used or new now that Ford has canceled their 0% for 36 months.
Old 6/2/10, 04:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lancel

You're very lucky. A lot of people have been waiting much longer (heck, there are probably people whose cars were built before you even ordered who haven't had theirs shipped yet ). Also, if I may submit, I would think such a hold, given the huge lots they have full of cars and given that they need to be shipping cars out sooner rather than later with all the shipping delays that Ford would now consider inspecting each car individually for the issue, then stamping it for immediate shipping if the issue is not present and keeping the rest until the issue can be fixed. As some have pointed out, many people by now have already received their cars and have not had an issue.
part of my point.. this is by no meant to offend you..

i placed my order more than 2 months prior to you.. and my car was built the same day as yours..

orders should have been built in order of first come first serve.. hence the reason "WE" ordered early. but instead we find out about people all over the country placing order many months after us. and they already are driving around in their car.

which again i'm leading to, in my company we call that. "poor customer experience" and this will definatly make me think twice before ever ordering a car..

and for the people that say the car isnt mine yet..

MY STICKER HAS MY NAME ON IT

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds