Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/10, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like CDs order, thats too lond. Ford should have put the customer ordered cars first in line for parts, rechecks, or whatever. Ronn
Old 6/9/10, 12:37 PM
GT Member

tracking after shipment?

Most shipping companies, either rail carrier or truck will be hesitant to allow outside access
due to security concerns. They do not want just anyone to be able to track a specific truck/railcar so that some of the wonderful citizens may see fit to break -in/steal items
in transit. I spent 25 yrs in transportation and dealt with many cases of rail cars being broken into and mail stolen. It caould be the same case for autos- wheels/electronic equipment, etc.
So I do not think specific shipping info will be released to the public. Due to contacts, I was able to track the railcar carrying my car but lost it when converted to common carrier (truck).
Yes Walmart and many others can track an item in their systems, but they are not going to
allow customer access, and those items have far less value than our cars. It would be nicew to be able to do it, but do not think it will come to pass...
Old 6/9/10, 02:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like I posted in the past, Vehicle Visibility is a tool on Ford's Dealer network. We can track every order we have in the system and see its status, THAT IS when its updated. Now that said, Ford has NOT updated any of the Mustangs with any reasonable amount of time. The GT500 for WarpedSpazm is still showing Ramp 5P awaiting shipment (5P is the ramp to the rail car). The date on the update was May 30th. Its now June 9th. NO NEW UPDATES. This is just one example, as other cars are the same. No new updates at all and old updates weeks old!! It pains me to not have information for the fellow forum members who ordered cars from me. If you ask me IT SUCKS that Ford won't tell us things, but Paul is higher up than me, and he knows people that give him info that is 150% spot-on!! Thanks for the update Paul. In the end, Ford is doing the right thing by making sure these cars are PERFECT before sending them to the dealers.
Old 6/9/10, 03:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Now, what IF my car is one of the 200's that has been striped and it shouldn't have been. I'm just sayin', wouldn't that ruin the paint removing the stripes.
Old 6/9/10, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Now, what IF my car is one of the 200's that has been striped and it shouldn't have been. I'm just sayin', wouldn't that ruin the paint removing the stripes.
Nope, I had the rocker stripe removed from my 2008 by the dealer. They just used a heat gun and some goo gone. Paint is still flawless today.
Old 6/9/10, 03:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Nope, I had the rocker stripe removed from my 2008 by the dealer. They just used a heat gun and some goo gone. Paint is still flawless today.
No clear, paint damage at all. Even when FACTORY installed. I'm feeling better now, cuz i taught this would imply getting the car repainted or something. I mean i've installed and removed stripes from my '69 Mach1 during the build, but this was home made.
Old 6/9/10, 03:25 PM
FR500 Member

No clear, paint damage at all. Even when FACTORY installed. I'm feeling better now, cuz i taught this would imply getting the car repainted or something. I mean i've installed and removed stripes from my '69 Mach1 during the build, but this was home made.
I pulled off the factory stripes on my car to change colours. Heat and then a little alcohol is all that's needed.
Old 6/9/10, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not even a remnant. If I remember correctly, it took them about 15 mintes. All they really had to do was peel them off.
Old 6/9/10, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
The GT500 for WarpdSpazm is still showing Ramp 5P awaiting shipment (5P is the ramp to the rail car). The date on the update was May 30th. Its now June 9th. NO NEW UPDATES.

That's a bummer, Jeff... No need to call me back then...

S--M-T--W-Tr--F--S
------------10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26

9 days left to close my loan...
17 days until Paul's date on when they should all begin shipping by...

Hit my credit score for a THIRD time to redo the loan for another 20 days, or close on it and start interest and payment date for a car I don't own. This is why Ford's lack of status (not reason) is harmful.

If I win the Patriot mustangs before the car shows up, I won't need it OR the loan. And then there's this "other" car sitting on a lot near me that my wife is loving and I like it too....

I don't remember it being this bad in 2002 when I ordered my Mach 1?

Last edited by WarpdSpazm; 6/9/10 at 03:34 PM.
Old 6/9/10, 04:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I wish mine was one of the striped ones and they'd just send it to see if I liked them. You never know.
Like someone said, a little heat and alcohol gets them off. If I then decided I didn't like them, I'd wait for a really hot day, get a twelve pack, and rip them off. Maybe an eighteen pack.
Old 6/9/10, 04:22 PM
GT Member

so in pre-ordering the car, I am getting the car that already had a problem?? (Possibly) No thanks, canceled; pre-order ordered 1/20, built April 15, what a joke!
Old 6/9/10, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Fastback
so in pre-ordering the car, I am getting the car that already had a problem?? (Possibly) No thanks, canceled; pre-order ordered 1/20, built April 15, what a joke!
Chance you take especially one with a new drivetrain. First year stuff is bad enough even not pre-ordered .
Old 6/9/10, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Nope the only time you get that is when you pull that mess off down the road .....or it falls off which will happen sooner or later. Even so I might get some kind of tape stripping though my past body shop days tells me to STAY AWAY
Old 6/9/10, 05:28 PM
V6 Member

"I asked for an explanation to give my customers that are patiently (for the most part) waiting for their cars and that is what is was told. " Paul

I hope Paul wasn't talking about me. I have tried to be patient, but it's really hard sometimes. I have only e-mailed him every few weeks for an update, trying not to hinder him to much, because I realize he has other customers than me. I have been extremely pleased in dealing with Paul, and would recommend him and Van Bortel to anyone wanting a new Ford, even if you have to make a road trip. I am looking forward to the day he calls and tells me the car is in, so my wife and I can make the trip up to Rochester, and enjoy the ride back.
Old 6/9/10, 05:34 PM
GT Member

Yep, I got hosed as well. My car was produced on 5/26 but it's still waiting transport. Must be a log jam. Was supposed to be here this week. Oh well.
Old 6/9/10, 06:36 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Fastback
It would have been fixed by the time you get it....so no.

You can pre-order as early as you want, if they aren't making/producing them yet.. that time inbetween doesn't count.
Old 6/9/10, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I called SVT today and was told my car was in IL at a rail yard in transit and that I should have it by next week. Does this sound right? I might call SVT back tomorrow and see if I get the same response.
Old 6/9/10, 06:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by GRABOID
Chance you take especially one with a new drivetrain. First year stuff is bad enough even not pre-ordered .
So let's see if I get this straight... we're waiting for our cars to be perfect but we're also supposed to accept that first year cars aren't perfect? Um, yeah. You know where Ford can shove that nonsense.
Old 6/9/10, 06:55 PM
V6 Member

I got a call from Ford today.

Seems like my emails I sent to the higher ups worked.
I have had a person petty high on the command list working with me the last week.
He said he would have me some answers by today.

He called and said they found, fixed and released my car for shipment today and told all involved that this is a hot order and it needs to get here ASAP.
Hold told me 4 to 6 days to get it and he would call me back by Friday AM at the latest to confirm a definite ETA.

Old 6/9/10, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mfbris
I got a call from Ford today.

Seems like my emails I sent to the higher ups worked.
I have had a person petty high on the command list working with me the last week.
He said he would have me some answers by today.

He called and said they found, fixed and released my car for shipment today and told all involved that this is a hot order and it needs to get here ASAP.
Hold told me 4 to 6 days to get it and he would call me back by Friday AM at the latest to confirm a definite ETA.

Now you gotta give your connect all the TMS memeber vins, let them know their diehard supporters are freaking out.

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds