Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/10, 09:37 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tyrrell-Ford P34
Take with another HUGE grain of salt; but this could be it:

Spoke with my sales manager just now and he said for the affected vehicles, an issue was discovered with a driveline vibration -- One of the driveshaft balance weights was welded slightly out of position, so the driveshafts must be reinstalled, rebalanced and checked (which is of course creating a huge bottleneck at AAI)...FWIW I do think he is telling the truth here, out of fear of losing business...
A visual inspection of delivered vehicles should show if the driveshaft balance was reworked.
Old 6/8/10, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

My dealership has 3 Gts and a Convertible but none really interest me. I really want my GB GT/CS.
Old 6/8/10, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I was just told to pick a set of 19" wheels because anything with the standard 18s won't get built for an indefinite amount of time. As was said previously, take that with a grain of salt.
Old 6/8/10, 03:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine has 19 inch wheels and it was sent back to the Factory!

Originally Posted by Freshmeat
I was just told to pick a set of 19" wheels because anything with the standard 18s won't get built for an indefinite amount of time. As was said previously, take that with a grain of salt.
Old 6/8/10, 04:24 PM
GT Member

I am petty much tired of not knowing where my car is at, I'm canceling getting my $500 back and going to another dealership....the whole thought for ordering it in like Jan was to have it for the summer, but time is dwindling and I am digging the look of the GT/CS more and more....my 2 cents...
Old 6/8/10, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

GT/CS is tacky and hideous, imo.
Old 6/8/10, 04:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5.0
As many know, I work at a dealership. I had the oppertunity to talk with our regional rep on the phone today. He stated more or less that there were several powertrain issues they were resoloving. He also stated that the issues are not that big, but that the "new" person in charge of QC will not let the cars leave until they are perfect. Said even just a few years ago these cars may have shipped out and then been recalled or TSB'd. Also recieved a email.

"The vehicle is on quality control hold for various reason. As soon as the physical "re-works" have been done the vehicles will be released. They have not given us an ETA, but I will keep you posted."

I guess the fact that they are not "big" issues is a good thing, but I don't like not knowing what's going on either. I am slightly confused about the hold, as he stated they were not being released yet, but it seems to me that some are getting fixed and then being released after the "re-works"

Also, my car was sent offsite again, this time it says it went to "Jefferson" anyone else have their car go there?

HELL TO THE YA. Im a QC for company that builds ...well a very very high dollar product and lets just say it is good to see. QC WITH *****!

If they wouldnt half *** stuff this wouldnt happen.

Last edited by GRABOID; 6/8/10 at 04:58 PM.
Old 6/8/10, 04:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here is what I was told today. There are multiple small concerns with the car. From what I was told the most common concern, effecting about 3600 units, is a misprinted coolant label that recommends the wrong color coolant. About 200 units have been striped when they shouldn't have been, about 800 units are having a timing chain noise issue and a very small handful have a small noise at idle. I am told that they expect all units that are currently produced to be checked, and fixed if applicable, and to be shipped by 06/27. I wasn't able to clarify as to whether that was when they would leave or when they would arrive at the dealerships. I also wasn't able to get info into which of my 17 outstanding orders were effected by which concerns but was told they are checking every unit before releasing them.

Take this for what it is worth but this is the explanation that I received.
Old 6/8/10, 05:21 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Rest assured if you have a car, its not exhibiting the issues.
They are going over them with fine tooth combs.
Old 6/8/10, 05:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Karpro
Here is what I was told today. There are multiple small concerns with the car. From what I was told the most common concern, effecting about 3600 units, is a misprinted coolant label that recommends the wrong color coolant. About 200 units have been striped when they shouldn't have been, about 800 units are having a timing chain noise issue and a very small handful have a small noise at idle. I am told that they expect all units that are currently produced to be checked, and fixed if applicable, and to be shipped by 06/27. I wasn't able to clarify as to whether that was when they would leave or when they would arrive at the dealerships. I also wasn't able to get info into which of my 17 outstanding orders were effected by which concerns but was told they are checking every unit before releasing them.

Thx for the clarifications Paul. Since my ETA has been pushed back 2 weeks, it's probably not just a coolant sticker issue, but rather timing noise chain or noise at idle. Well they might has well check everything out as far as i'm concerned, as long as it comes in the latest the 27th. Fingers and toes crossed.
Old 6/8/10, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Sooo 17 cars is the cut off for getting a better line eh?

Well at least someone is getting a little more info out of them. Even the one that most would think is minor (the coolant sticker) is a big deal and Im glad that QC caught it. Makes me feel a little better about what they check and what they just skip over.
Old 6/8/10, 05:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I asked CS if my car was one of the ones affected by the "hold" and they said "no". Can they be trusted? =P
Old 6/8/10, 06:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jokerstars
I asked CS if my car was one of the ones affected by the "hold" and they said "no". Can they be trusted? =P
I'd put my bet on Paul if you ask me. Yes they do have sexy voices over at CS, but that where it ends.
Old 6/8/10, 07:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Here is what I was told today...

Thanks for the information Paul, I greatly appreciate it.
Old 6/8/10, 08:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Kahdir
Thanks for the information Paul, I greatly appreciate it.
Source????

I mean, thanks, Paul, and this all sounds good but you could have said, "3600 cars have an incorrect emissions label, 200 had their tires mounted backwards, 600 have an engine tick, and a few more have a rattle."

Easy to make up (not saying you did at all but your source can't be verified.) Everyone is quick to dismiss anyone else with "information" that can't be attributed to a source so why not now? I'm not trying to be an *** but this sounds like more unsubstantiated rumor that could be plausible but has no corroboration. Yet anyway.

All I know is that my car was built on 5/4 and I don't have it. None of those problems should take 34 days to fix. Sorry.
Old 6/8/10, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dude, he's a dealer, isn't he? Why would he make it up?
Old 6/8/10, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor

I can confirm the problems he listed! These are in fact true!
Old 6/8/10, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
BINGO! Like I stated weeks ago! The Vendor that produces the A-Pillar is located in VA, I was told the first batch of pillars were shipped Tuesday, so hopefully once they get there, they can be installed and the cars will start shipping again!
Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
I can confirm the problems he listed! These are in fact true!
I mean no disrespect but you also confirmed the A-Pillar trim. Are you confirming that both of these claims?

BTW, did you ever dyno your V6?
Old 6/8/10, 09:18 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
I mean no disrespect but you also confirmed the A-Pillar trim. Are you confirming that both of these claims?

BTW, did you ever dyno your V6?
Yes, both claims are true...

The V6 has Not gone on the dyno yet, it will soon.

We have been working on the 5.0L 4V Manual and Automatic Tuning for release next week!

We have a lot of time into them, so everyone will be more them pleased with the results!
Old 6/8/10, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Karpo's info was rather specific. To me, this means the probability of it being accurate (or close to accurate) is higher than your average rumor or grapevine BS.

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds