2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/13, 07:47 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hard-case
Ordered at the end of March, so a little less than a week before you. And I know very much how you feel! It's only been a little over a week and a half, but it feels like forever. Doesn't help that I'm stuck on rentals and borrowing cars until then.

Though I did order the GT Premium, and from what I have read the selection process works a little different for the Shelby.

You have to be lucky, I ordered mine 3/11 and still No Vin Yet...and my dealership says its scheduled to be built next week maybe...after a month i would think It would be done by now and would be shipped...
Old 4/10/13, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Finally Arrived After 94 Days!!

Well my GT finally arrived at the dealer today after 94 days on order (Yes!! over 3 months). I hope I am the exception and no one else has to endure the anxiety, worriment I have been going through. In my mind, every little bit of information was hard to get and slow coming. Deysha shared what info she had when it became available to her, but I feel info was slow getting to her as well (so no fault of Deysha, she is GREAT). Has to be the longest Order to ETA ever for a Base GT.

But it is here, looks good and although I only got to ride in it for 11 miles during Pre-Delivery Inspection, I was excited. Weather here is terrible, tornado warnings, large hail etc so the dealer put it inside tonight. Picking her up at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning weather permitting.
Old 4/10/13, 08:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by hard-case
Ordered at the end of March, so a little less than a week before you. And I know very much how you feel! It's only been a little over a week and a half, but it feels like forever. Doesn't help that I'm stuck on rentals and borrowing cars until then.

Though I did order the GT Premium, and from what I have read the selection process works a little different for the Shelby.
Originally Posted by elkk
Well my GT finally arrived at the dealer today after 94 days on order (Yes!! over 3 months). I hope I am the exception and no one else has to endure the anxiety, worriment I have been going through. In my mind, every little bit of information was hard to get and slow coming. Deysha shared what info she had when it became available to her, but I feel info was slow getting to her as well (so no fault of Deysha, she is GREAT). Has to be the longest Order to ETA ever for a Base GT.

But it is here, looks good and although I only got to ride in it for 11 miles during Pre-Delivery Inspection, I was excited. Weather here is terrible, tornado warnings, large hail etc so the dealer put it inside tonight. Picking her up at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning weather permitting.

Gla your's finally arrived, and yeah my Hometown in Missouri was getting hit pretty hard earlier about 30 mins past St. Charles. But congrats enjoy your new ride, hopefully mine won't take that long I'll go insane!
Old 4/11/13, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by saparish
King nut, I ordered on 4/4/2013 as well. Was told the same 6-8 weeks. We will have to stay in touch and see how things progress. All I have at this point is the order confirmation number.

yeah we will have to do that. i got a feeling your gonna get yours alot faster than me though. michigan vs NC. im hoping first week of june. that would be right at 8 weeks total.
Old 4/11/13, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by elkk

3 MONTHS HOLY SHHHH! did you order it from a small dealer? i think the bigger dealers get stuff faster.

also i checked on my invoice my priority is 10 for my 14 GT premium.
Old 4/11/13, 04:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kingnut

3 MONTHS HOLY SHHHH! did you order it from a small dealer? i think the bigger dealers get stuff faster.

Good luck! I'm on day 74 for my GT premium. I ordered from a big dealer.
Old 4/11/13, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Neverl8
Good luck! I'm on day 74 for my GT premium. I ordered from a big dealer.
DANG! i hope i get my stang before august. do you have your VIN yet?
Old 4/11/13, 06:27 AM
Bullitt Member

I wouldn't call it a Mega dealer but one of the bigger dealers in the St. Louis area. They delivered several Mustangs they ordered after mine so who knows what the issue was. By the way, mine had 26 miles on it when it came off the truck. Priority 10 is the best you can hope for.
Old 4/11/13, 07:11 AM

Kingnut it's really random ... I'm in St. Louis and my order to delivery was 32 days ... Elkk is in St. Louis and his was 3 months ... we both had different dealers (don't know if that make a difference) I think I had the quickest delivery ever and Elkk is the longest ... You will definetly be somewhere in between :-)

Ordered 3/9, Delivered to dealer 4/10, Pick-Up 4/11

2014 GT Premium Convertible Automatic, Black, with Brick Red Interior with Cashmere Accent, Electronic & Comfort Package, Reverse Camera, Security / Reverse Sensing System, Side scoops, 19" Bright Machined Aluminum Wheels with Black Painted Windows
Old 4/11/13, 08:11 AM
GT Member

DANG! i hope i get my stang before august. do you have your VIN yet?
Yeah, build date was 3/13. I ordered mine an waited a month an a half to go back. They gave me the vin an I pulled up the window sticker. Ordered a 2014 Ruby red auto with nav, comfort, security,back up sensor..pretty much everything but recaro seats.
Old 4/11/13, 08:13 AM
GT Member

Same wheels as you too. Haven't seen them on a red car yet though.
Old 4/11/13, 01:52 PM

crazy and doesn't make much sense for a base car... My wait was over 4 months but I expected that
Old 4/11/13, 05:31 PM

Finally got good news today! My 2014 GT500 got a schedule to be built the week of April 29th! Looking at a June delivery. I'm so excited!
Old 4/11/13, 06:48 PM

First post. Have been lurking for a while. Just got back from the dealer ordered a GTCS sterling gray. Have x plan. They only offered me 2000 on my trade (2001 mustang v6), blue book is over 5. They also want to charge me to install the side window louvers. The process was painful, 2 hours. Almost left but I want the new stang. Been reading every ones stories and hope mine goes well.
Old 4/11/13, 07:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by lvxlr8n
Finally got good news today! My 2014 GT500 got a schedule to be built the week of April 29th! Looking at a June delivery. I'm so excited!
Congrats lvxlr8n. I ordered my GT500 on 4/4 so I still have some waiting to do. My dealer is 60 miles from the Flat Rock plant so hopefully once mine gets built it will get delivered quickly.
Old 4/11/13, 08:59 PM
GT Member

I ordered on 4/1/13. how long before I get a VIN? It seams as tho the cars ordered early in the year are taking a long time to be built, has any ordered there car later in the year and got them in a month or too. Thanks

2014GT GB TP Base

Last edited by wentw1tj; 4/11/13 at 09:04 PM.
Old 4/11/13, 09:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wentw1tj
I ordered on 4/1/13. how long before I get a VIN, it seams as the cars ordered early in the year are taking a long time, has any ordered there late and get them in a month or too. Thanks

2014GT GB TP Base
Good evening wentw1tj. Elkk just got his after 94 days. Someone posted yesterday that they picked up their car yesterday, 4/10/2013, and they ordered it on 3/9/2013. Times seem to be all over the place. I ordered a GT 500 on 4/4. My dealer ordered their first GT 500 on 2/27 and it has already been delivered. I was told to check with my dealer for the priority number, the lower the better. I think you want it to be 10 or under for the best chance of getting picked up by production scheduling quickly. I have no clue how the priority number is originally established for each order though. If anyone knows, please explain.
Old 4/11/13, 09:19 PM
GT Member

Thank you for that information I will go into my dealer tomorrow and ask what priority number I am. I also saw the post from the guy that waited 94 days that would be very hard to do I'm also seeing that some people in Michigan seem to get their cars quicker than if you are not in Michigan. I do live in Michigan so maybe that's a good thing. Thanks again.
Old 4/11/13, 09:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wentw1tj
Thank you for that information I will go into my dealer tomorrow and ask what priority number I am. I also saw the post from the guy that waited 94 days that would be very hard to do I'm also seeing that some people in Michigan seem to get their cars quicker than if you are not in Michigan. I do live in Michigan so maybe that's a good thing. Thanks again.
I am in Michigan as well. I think having the car go straight to a car hauler versus the railroad is a huge plus. My dealer is 60 miles from the Flat Rock plant so hopefully delivery will be very quick. Been waiting 1 week and it feels like an eternity.
Old 4/12/13, 01:25 AM
V6 Member

Ordered my 2014 DIB v6 /w performance package 4/1. Was told 6-8 weeks. Dealer just emailed me 2 days ago saying they'll have my vin soon. This wait is absolutely killing me. YouTube, TMS, and AM certainly isn't helping either lol

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread