Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/14, 08:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Type 1 orders are for retail customers. Name will always appear on the DORA, but not on the window sticker. Only cars ordered as plan sales (X-plan, A-plan, etc.) show the customer first initial / last name like berzerk's order (his was an X-plan per the tag #).
Ah I see. Dangit I should've order as x-plan lol. It would've been cool to have my name on the sticker. Oh well
Old 5/24/14, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Type 1 orders are for retail customers. Name will always appear on the DORA, but not on the window sticker. Only cars ordered as plan sales (X-plan, A-plan, etc.) show the customer first initial / last name like berzerk's order (his was an X-plan per the tag #).
Thanks for that clarification. My O/T is 1 of course. What exactly is meant by a "plan sale"? I've heard this term referred to before but never figured out what it meant.

Still waiting on shipment, nearly 3 weeks now since my blend. And it's a clear, sunny, hot Saturday. Woulda been a perfect day for an early morning wash/detail and a day of posing.
Old 5/24/14, 08:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Thanks for that clarification. My O/T is 1 of course. What exactly is meant by a "plan sale"? I've heard this term referred to before but never figured out what it meant. Still waiting on shipment, nearly 3 weeks now since my blend. And it's a clear, sunny, hot Saturday. Woulda been a perfect day for an early morning wash/detail and a day of posing.
Any of the ADXZ plans - A/D/Z are various levels of Ford employment, X is for everyone else (I work for Kaiser and we get X-plan for being an employee, same as if you own Ford stock or are a member of the Mustang Club of America).
Old 5/24/14, 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Any of the ADXZ plans - A/D/Z are various levels of Ford employment, X is for everyone else (I work for Kaiser and we get X-plan for being an employee, same as if you own Ford stock or are a member of the Mustang Club of America).
Ahhh kay, makes sense. But yeah, would be cool to have a window sticker with your name on it.
Old 5/24/14, 11:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
So if it was ordered under, say, D-plan, would the tag look like 000D000 F LAST?
Old 5/24/14, 06:16 PM
V6 Member

Thanks Five oh Brian for explaining that. I was wondering why some stickers have a name and others not. Even my sales guy didnt know why my sticker had my last name. I think its really cool Ford did that. Made it very personal to see my name on the sticker when I picked it up. I ordered using X-plan. Made the buying experience very easy.

Also I'm giving a huge thanks to Ford for building an incredible car. I just got home from my "first official drive" after cleaning the car and am blown away by how nice this car is. Its so much fun to drive and drives so well even stock. I am very happy with my decision to purchase this 2014 vs a used 2003 Cobra. Thanks Ford!! To anyone waiting on their car to arrive, be patient, the wait is worth it....Im going back out for another drive..

Last edited by Way2QWK; 5/24/14 at 06:17 PM.
Old 5/24/14, 06:47 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Sweet. The closer it gets to getting this car the more difficult the wait. I'm hoping by Friday it's all mine.
Old 5/25/14, 05:07 PM

Almost 200 miles

Spent the day installing mods on the pony......very gratifying.
hood struts, BBK throttle body, Airaid cold air intake, JLT catch can, and Borla axle backs.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustang-004.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustang-005.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustang-003.jpg  
Old 5/25/14, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GI-Ken
hood struts, BBK throttle body, Airaid cold air intake, JLT catch can, and Borla axle backs.

Looks great!

i'm interested in doing CAI and hood struts and eventually swapping out for a MGW shifter. those are all things that will come later on after i've enjoyed driving it for a while!

if i replace anything right away, i won't have a "before and after" to judge on how much better the car is after the fact, making me feel guilty for doing it replacing stock parts. might sound sill but, makes sense in my head.
Old 5/25/14, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Looks great!

i'm interested in doing CAI and hood struts and eventually swapping out for a MGW shifter. those are all things that will come later on after i've enjoyed driving it for a while!

if i replace anything right away, i won't have a "before and after" to judge on how much better the car is after the fact, making me feel guilty for doing it replacing stock parts. might sound sill but, makes sense in my head.
I drove it for a few days before I made the mods. I'm totally impressed with the difference and can't wait till my Bama Tunes come in next week.
Old 5/26/14, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

The mods look great! How do you like the Borla exhaust and which ones did you get?
Old 5/26/14, 04:22 PM

Borla Exhaust

Originally Posted by Slizzime
The mods look great! How do you like the Borla exhaust and which ones did you get?
I bought the S-type and they are awesome. They only rip when you get on the gas. I didn't get the Atak because I thought they would be too loud. You can listen to the different types on youtube.
Old 5/26/14, 05:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well I just sold my 2000 GT vert to a friend. Got 1k more than the trade-in I was going to get when my car comes in. Hopefully the ETA of the 29th sticks.
Old 5/26/14, 06:05 PM
Cobra Member

Is that equal to the tax savings you lose?
Old 5/26/14, 06:10 PM
Legacy Tms Member

If I'm figuring it out correctly I'm making $650 over the trade-in if I figure out the trade-in value tax savings.
Old 5/27/14, 08:36 AM
Legacy Tms Member

The buyer backed out. Nothing is ever easy.
Old 5/27/14, 09:07 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mrmilano12
Hi everyone, Long time lurker of this thread. Glad to see everyone is getting their orders; mine should be in this week as well.

I'm a bit confused by the COTUS website.
Does anyone have any similar experiences or know how I should really be reading this?
Welcome and congrats on your order, mrmilano12. I can check on your order. PM me with your VIN.

Originally Posted by Slizzime
Just ask Deysha, she will give you the best info. The site is a test site and can be flawed. .... the closer you get the father off it seems to be.
Thanks, Slizzime!

Excellent work by Ford! Picked her up today.
Woo hoo! She’s so pretty! Congrats and enjoy, GI-Ken!

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Good looking cars everybody! Mine still hasn't shipped yet, according to both Deysha and my dealer. Hopefully my turn will come soon.
It’s still waiting to ship, lakeguy77.

Originally Posted by Way2QWK
Does anyone else have their last name printed on the cars window sticker under the optional equipment section? Just wondering if this is normal for special ordered cars?
There’s there correct info, Way2QWK. Five Oh Brian is the man!

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Been lurking a couple months... I feel guilty that I haven't posted my build yet.

Site and Deysha say 9 days to go. My dealer is less optimistic about the timeframe...
It’s really close, berzerk_1980!

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
My name is on Mine to. Also at the Bottom it says SPECIAL ORDER. Yea it is almost here...

Good Luck.
Getting closer, Jazzman442!

Originally Posted by VidPro
Well I just sold my 2000 GT vert to a friend. Got 1k more than the trade-in I was going to get when my car comes in. Hopefully the ETA of the 29th sticks.
I’m sure it will, VidPro.

Deysha
Old 5/27/14, 10:04 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Thanks, Deysha!
Old 5/27/14, 01:29 PM

Finally got the Pony in the stable!

These are shots at the dealer week before last when I picked it up. Had trouble loading these before but finally got around to resizing and trying again. Only thing I've done is added a strut tower brace at this point!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-stangfront.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-stangrear.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-stangint.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-stangeng.jpg  
Old 5/27/14, 01:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by lancemb
These are shots at the dealer week before last when I picked it up. Had trouble loading these before but finally got around to resizing and trying again. Only thing I've done is added a strut tower brace at this point!
Very Nice! i like the leather brown color your chose.

congrats!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread