2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/14, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lancemb
I can't believe they let you take it without doing the inspection. That is cool...my dealer already said they can't do that
I strongly encourage everyone to do a VERY thorough inspection of your car before you take it home. I found some scratches on the interior of my car the first time I sat in it and reported them to my salesman, who said that they will get replacement parts. Being at the end of the day on a very tiring Friday, I didn't look as closely at the rest of the car as I should have, and found other defects later on that I'm sure that the dealership would just pin on me if I reported them at this point. Even with the damage I reported before signing, I'm getting the feeling that the salesman is dragging his feet on getting the replacement parts, hoping that I'll go away. I probably should have told him that I'd buy the car once all of those things are fixed, but after waiting almost a month and a half.....

5/8: Well, I just sent my salesman another email, and he is apparently not trying to avoid me. Looks like I'll be getting this taken care of soon!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-center-center.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-pillar.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-center-left.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-roof.jpg   2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-seat.jpg  

Last edited by Magman; 5/8/14 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Update
Old 5/7/14, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I didn't get a coupon but did get an email from Ford Canada with an additional $1000 rebate for eligible Costco members, which I am!
They give you that to buy snow tires.
Old 5/7/14, 11:09 AM

Funny I went to the ford site and ordered the brochure like was said and didn't receive the coupon? Can anyone help me out with this? Would be much appreciated.
Old 5/7/14, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by CodeYote
Funny I went to the ford site and ordered the brochure like was said and didn't receive the coupon? Can anyone help me out with this? Would be much appreciated.
I ordered mine about two weeks ago and ordered one for me, the wife, and one each for my two dogs. I got all 4 yesterday and only one had the coupon in it.
Old 5/7/14, 04:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sinf1x
Not quite yet, sinf1x.

Deysha

Today the website shows it as "in transit" with and ETA of 5/19 that's a month earlier than what it has been listed all along.

Is this right Deysha?[/QUOTE]

Mine just updated as well.

Old 5/7/14, 05:17 PM

Well I'm sorry to say I've finally given up. After my car having sat in Flat Rock for over 3 weeks and having gotten no resolution from Ford or my dealership after spending hours and hours fielding dozens of calls and emails, I have asked for my deposit back from the local dealership. The final straw was when I found out that multiple cars in my area had been built a week and a half after mine yet delivered as early as last week already. So, while my car was sitting in the parking lot for a week and a half already, other GT coupes were built and then shipped out WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF ME, while mine STILL sits for another week and a half, still with no explanation or shipping date! The only thing I can figure is that it was damaged when loading it up when it was SUPPOSED to ship and has been in rework the whole time, in which case I don't want it anyway. So, after being mishandled for way too long, I am done waiting. Time to go buy something off the lot I suppose. Good luck to you all and I wouldn't wish this experience on any of you.
Old 5/7/14, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by SeaFoam
Today the website shows it as "in transit" with and ETA of 5/19 that's a month earlier than what it has been listed all along.

Is this right Deysha?

Mine just updated as well.

[/QUOTE]

The tracking site is definitely a little flakey. My status has gone back to “awaiting shipment” and 6/19 ETA (same as before). I didn’t believe it for a second that it had suddenly moved up a month in ETA today. No worries, no real hurry, I like riding my motorcycle..
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-capture.jpg  
Old 5/7/14, 08:09 PM
GT Member

mine still shows in transit, 0 days left, expected date is tomorrow, but ive had it since sunday!
Old 5/7/14, 08:14 PM

Well I'm sorry to say I've finally given up. After my car having sat in Flat Rock for over 3 weeks and having gotten no resolution from Ford or my dealership after spending hours and hours fielding dozens of calls and emails, I have asked for my deposit back from the local dealership. The final straw was when I found out that multiple cars in my area had been built a week and a half after mine yet delivered as early as last week already. So, while my car was sitting in the parking lot for a week and a half already, other GT coupes were built and then shipped out WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF ME, while mine STILL sits for another week and a half, still with no explanation or shipping date! The only thing I can figure is that it was damaged when loading it up when it was SUPPOSED to ship and has been in rework the whole time, in which case I don't want it anyway. So, after being mishandled for way too long, I am done waiting. Time to go buy something off the lot I suppose. Good luck to you all and I wouldn't wish this experience on any of you.

Im really sorry you’ve had so much trouble taking delivery of your car. Good luck to you man and I hope it works out for you.
Old 5/7/14, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
mine still shows in transit, 0 days left, expected date is tomorrow, but ive had it since sunday!
Well just be patient, the waiting will be over tomorrow… LOL
Old 5/7/14, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think we're all in the stage that seems to be a little sketchy with the site. There have been a few stories of the car flipping back and forth from "Awaiting Shipment" to "In Transit" and back, along with the ETA jumping around. Plus, mine says "Awaiting Shipment" but as you saw, it hasn't actually been released from the factory yet to get in line for the train.

Whatever, I'm off to Jamaica in a few hours. Sunshine and umbrella drinks beats potholes and puddles!
Old 5/7/14, 10:56 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I think we're all in the stage that seems to be a little sketchy with the site. There have been a few stories of the car flipping back and forth from "Awaiting Shipment" to "In Transit" and back, along with the ETA jumping around. Plus, mine says "Awaiting Shipment" but as you saw, it hasn't actually been released from the factory yet to get in line for the train.

Whatever, I'm off to Jamaica in a few hours. Sunshine and umbrella drinks beats potholes and puddles!

Have fun in Jamaica!

The site is pretty sketchy! My car disappeared from the system today "no matching vehicle found". Have heard of others with the same, but this is the first day mine came up like that. Tried entering VIN only and the order# dealer # way. Neither worked
Old 5/8/14, 07:31 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
So while I await my car delivery of course I am on the net looking at any and all Mustang vids and I come across this 13 GT. I ordered my car with a stone interior but on the site it looks grey and not white like this video. Tell me I'm not getting a white interior. If you watch the vid he shows the window sticker and it says the same thing on my sticker. On the build your car site at Ford the interior color for stone is almost a light charcoal.

Last edited by VidPro; 5/8/14 at 07:32 AM.
Old 5/8/14, 08:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
So while I await my car delivery of course I am on the net looking at any and all Mustang vids and I come across this 13 GT. I ordered my car with a stone interior but on the site it looks grey and not white like this video. Tell me I'm not getting a white interior. If you watch the vid he shows the window sticker and it says the same thing on my sticker. On the build your car site at Ford the interior color for stone is almost a light charcoal. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THB0ZNc6ouw
Stone is like a cream color, or cashmere. The seats and door inserts are Stone, but the rest is the dark charcoal.
Old 5/8/14, 09:10 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Stone is like a cream color, or cashmere. The seats and door inserts are Stone, but the rest is the dark charcoal.
I ordered medium stone. It is noted as medium stone on the Ford progress site. If you look at the build your car site on Ford it's not close to cream. Confused.

Last edited by VidPro; 5/8/14 at 09:18 AM.
Old 5/8/14, 09:15 AM
Legacy Tms Member

This is what I am expecting.
Attached Images  
Old 5/8/14, 09:30 AM

This is what I am expecting.
Well I don't think it will look like that...it is a very light grey. Here is one with actual photos of the interior with this color. Maybe they changed something mid-year?
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-med-stone.jpg  

Last edited by lancemb; 5/8/14 at 09:36 AM.
Old 5/8/14, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by sinf1x
Im really sorry you’ve had so much trouble taking delivery of your car. Good luck to you man and I hope it works out for you.
Sales manager called me back after letting me walk out and said his rep will call me. Haven't heard anything yet. I reluctantly agreed to wait one more week at which point I will go get another one. I never thought I could have another customer service experience rival my worst with Comcast and Dell.
Old 5/8/14, 09:42 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Well I don't think it will look like that...it is a very light grey. Here is one with actual photos of the interior with this color. Maybe they changed something mid-year?
****, I don't hate it. It's actually kind of nice but keeping it clean is going to be a pain.
If that's the color they need to fix their site.

Last edited by VidPro; 5/8/14 at 09:44 AM.
Old 5/8/14, 09:44 AM

I ordered medium stone. It is noted as medium stone on the Ford progress site. If you look at the build your car site on Ford it's not close to cream. Confused.
I ordered mine with stone interior and it looks like the video. The picture on the Ford site is absolutely not a good representation. I test drove a stone interior and prefer the color contrast over the black. Seats will be much cooler in the summer. They make stuff to clean leather and protect it. Not that hard to clean. Unless you spill your blueberry juice.

Last edited by GI-Ken; 5/8/14 at 10:00 AM. Reason: added text.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread