2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/14, 02:52 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
This morning my car is awaiting shipment. Woohoo! Another stage of the waiting game over. Onto the next!
Old 5/13/14, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine was in transit this morning. I guess it rolled out the plant and right on the truck.
Old 5/13/14, 05:14 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Very nice. Where are you located?

Nevermind. See it now on my PC.

Last edited by VidPro; 5/13/14 at 05:49 AM.
Old 5/13/14, 07:22 AM

Question

Originally Posted by CarlosMuscle
Man, I feel really bad for you... I know it is not going to make your car arrive any faster, but there are people on this forum that actually care for one another, rather than just selfishly posting comments about THEIR cars, and not really caring about their peers....

I ordered my car the 21st or March and got it yesterday..... I live nearby Chicago..... If you are waiting longer than that, it is unacceptable, and you have all the right to be pissed, and bummed out....

Just my 2 cents....

I am really happy with my car and my decision, and maybe all the bad emotions will go away when you finally get your car.... But honestly it's not healthy to be stressed so either wait relaxed or go to a lot and get something you are happy with....

Thank you Deysha for your help and info on my car! I really appreciate your efforts with me.
Thanks for the well wishes! After being talked off the ledge last week I decided to wait another week. This was mainly because I finally got an understanding of what was going on after talking to a dealer near the plant and then to the local Ford rep, who my local dealer put me in touch with after we had a spirited conversation.

Apparently since my car was built right after shutdown when the holding lot was clear, it was put "near the fence" and soon thereafter there were some issues with the shipping company that stopped shipments. Meanwhile, they kept making cars and mine became more and more boxed in. Since there is only one way out (no first in first out arrangement; this is a problem), once shipping resumed my car has been waiting until more recent builds shipped to be "dug out". I don't like or accept this explanation as OK for business, but at least I understand what is going on.

In the meantime, my status on the tracking site has finally changed to "In Transit" (again)...IS IT FOR REAL THIS TIME? Pray for me, please!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-mustangintransit.jpg  
Old 5/13/14, 07:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by lancemb
Thanks for the well wishes! After being talked off the ledge last week I decided to wait another week. This was mainly because I finally got an understanding of what was going on after talking to a dealer near the plant and then to the local Ford rep, who my local dealer put me in touch with after we had a spirited conversation.

Apparently since my car was built right after shutdown when the holding lot was clear, it was put "near the fence" and soon thereafter there were some issues with the shipping company that stopped shipments. Meanwhile, they kept making cars and mine became more and more boxed in. Since there is only one way out (no first in first out arrangement; this is a problem), once shipping resumed my car has been waiting until more recent builds shipped to be "dug out". I don't like or accept this explanation as OK for business, but at least I understand what is going on.

In the meantime, my status on the tracking site has finally changed to "In Transit" (again)...IS IT FOR REAL THIS TIME? Pray for me, please!
This sounds Legit... I know it is crazy. My Dealer told me a few weeks ago Ford re Bid the shipping and a new Delivery Trucking company got the bid. They are having all sorts of Delivery issues because of this. So after hearing this it sound like it is true. I know it really Sucks to being your position but the wait should be over soon...
Old 5/13/14, 11:43 AM

Sometimes just knowing what is going on is all you really need. Good luck, hang in there.
Old 5/13/14, 06:43 PM

I keep checking this topic hoping to see new pics, there hasn't been any lately. I feel bad for some of you waiting so long, hang in there.
Old 5/13/14, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Well here is mine after 9 days now. Dealer tinted the windows, 5% limo in back and 35% in front. I added the fender stripe and put on side scoops as well(not sure if i took a pic of that yet)

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-photo-8.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-photo-9.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-photo-10.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-photo-11.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-photo-12.jpg
Old 5/14/14, 04:58 AM

Looking good Disneyfun1! I wish we could go 5% in the rear, law here says only 35%.
Old 5/14/14, 06:28 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Woohoo! My car is transit this morning and my ETA went from 6/27 to 5/30!
Old 5/14/14, 06:52 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Heads up for those checking their status on the site. Different browsers will show different progress. I have IE open and logged in and it says the car is still awaiting shipment. Firefox has the car in transit. LOL! I'll believe Firefox for now.

Deysha, can you let me know which browser to believe?

Last edited by VidPro; 5/14/14 at 07:11 AM.
Old 5/14/14, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by GI-Ken
Mine was in transit this morning. I guess it rolled out the plant and right on the truck.
I'm on Firefox. When I look at other post, there is a date under the "awaiting shipment" obviously showing it complete and moving on to "in transit". My vehicle tracking has no date complete for waiting to ship and means it is still there.
Old 5/14/14, 07:33 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by sinf1x
It shipped out on 5/8, sinf1x. New ETA is 5/17. It’s almost there!
Thanks Deysha, I called the dealer today they said it's supposed to be in Mesquite, which is about 20 miles away! Im not sure its that close but it will be here soon.
It’s at the last rail yard and should get picked up soon, sinf1x. You’re very welcome!

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Deysha.. You have a great Crystal Ball

I got in late tonight and saw that mine has moved into Production YEA!!!
No windows sticker yet... Maybe tomorrow???
The waiting is getting better you give us little bits of Hope...
Thank you Again.
Lol! You’re welcome, Jazzman442.

Originally Posted by VidPro
This morning my car is awaiting shipment. Woohoo! Another stage of the waiting game over. Onto the next!
It hasn’t shipped yet. It should get loaded onto a rail car soon, VidPro.

No. It was just put out to await shipment yesterday, GI-Ken. It should ship out soon.

Thanks for the well wishes! ...
It should get there today, lancemb!

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
Well here is mine after 9 days now. Dealer tinted the windows, 5% limo in back and 35% in front. I added the fender stripe and put on side scoops as well(not sure if i took a pic of that yet)
Niiiiice!!

Deysha
Old 5/14/14, 07:34 AM

I'm guessing the company working on the Ford tracking site is the same one that developed the ObamaCare websites.
Old 5/14/14, 07:40 AM

I'm guessing the company working on the Ford tracking site is the same one that developed the ObamaCare websites.
Old 5/14/14, 07:49 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Good stuff.
Old 5/14/14, 07:52 AM
Cobra Member

Never thought of that but you know, I think your Right!!!
Old 5/14/14, 08:19 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealer called me the other day with an update. Said mine should build the week of June 9th. Gonna be near the end of S197 production!
Old 5/14/14, 08:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is great. A LOT of you have posted that you ordered your vehicles days before/after of when I ordered my mustang (April 17th) and you all have so far reported that you should be getting it late May / June. This sounds really promising for me. I'll be happy if it arrives by the first week of July.

This is a highly anticipated ticket item for me (as I'm sure it is for you all) especially that I got rid of my 2011 Elantra for this car big difference in every way possible with the Mustang. I don't want to set my expectations to low which is why I'm expecting it in July, otherwise, I'll just end up driving myself crazy and everyone around me!
Old 5/14/14, 09:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
This is great. A LOT of you have posted that you ordered your vehicles days before/after of when I ordered my mustang (April 17th) and you all have so far reported that you should be getting it late May / June. This sounds really promising for me. I'll be happy if it arrives by the first week of July.

This is a highly anticipated ticket item for me (as I'm sure it is for you all) especially that I got rid of my 2011 Elantra for this car big difference in every way possible with the Mustang. I don't want to set my expectations to low which is why I'm expecting it in July, otherwise, I'll just end up driving myself crazy and everyone around me!
I ordered mine on April 10th and it was accepted on the 11th. They are telling me on there web site that I will have it on July the 4th LOL That's a long time to ship it to Florida

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread