Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/14, 03:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by lancemb
Yes indeed! In fact I did find a nice stock brace on Ebay that is on order already. I actually like the way the stock GT ones look better and am sure it is beefy enough.

Also, like you, I thought I did enough research by looking on Ford website. Maybe somewhere it is buried that it only comes on convertibles or with bigger wheels but I didn't pick that up. I saw a picture with the brace on their website and there was no footnote to tell me this and it was on all the cars I looked at at the dealer.

But oh well, $98.50 shipped is a good deal to me so it will be on by next week! Will put pics up soon.
I was taken back by this and looked at the Dealer Literature I got at the dealer. It does say that in there. I have a 2006 V6 pony Pack and am looking for the brace and wanted to know if it takes the same one as the GT and it does not. It is good to know that the 2014 one Does. Need pics when you get it.

Good luck
Old 5/15/14, 10:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
OK I am confused, Why Undercoating? Most car companies in the owners manual tell you not to get undercoating and that is there is any rust related issues there is no warranty? All of My GM vehicles say that?
I have a couple of Escapes, one had the undercoating, the other did not. The same with both of my SVOs, one did, the other did not. There's a huge difference. Have always gotten it since.
Old 5/16/14, 04:27 AM

Tracking site shows awaiting shipment complete 5/15/14......I hope that means it shipped. If so, it takes about 5 days to deliver to my dealer based on other shipment history. It has to go to the body shop for the spoiler to be added once it arrives. Maybe, I will get it before Memorial Day weekend.
Old 5/16/14, 05:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

The tracking site gave me a bit of a stomach punch this morning. Last night, even though it hadn't shipped yet, the tracking site still said 14 days...which is actually the average shipping time to Winnipeg, based on other Mustang VINs I brought up. But as of this morning, the ETA's been pushed waaaay back to June 23.
Old 5/16/14, 05:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SeaFoam
I have a couple of Escapes, one had the undercoating, the other did not. The same with both of my SVOs, one did, the other did not. There's a huge difference. Have always gotten it since.
Now you have me curious. Does it cover everything or just the under body?

I live in Florida but I am thinking it would make it quieter in the cabin and stop things like the axles from rusting?

When you get it back can you post a picture?
Old 5/16/14, 05:44 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
The tracking site gave me a bit of a stomach punch this morning. Last night, even though it hadn't shipped yet, the tracking site still said 14 days...which is actually the average shipping time to Winnipeg, based on other Mustang VINs I brought up. But as of this morning, the ETA's been pushed waaaay back to June 23.
My tracking is going from 42 days to 11 on a regular basis. I'd say the site is pretty much a joke and I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Old 5/16/14, 06:22 AM
GT Member

Now you have me curious. Does it cover everything or just the under body?

I live in Florida but I am thinking it would make it quieter in the cabin and stop things like the axles from rusting?

When you get it back can you post a picture?
I can snap a picture of the Escape that's been coated (it's 12 years old now and been through every winter since, it can give you an idea as well), I'll take a picture of the underside of the Mustang when it gets here as well. Actually, my 2012 V6 has it as well, I could snap a picture of it when I get home. I'm working a 24 today, so it'll be sometime tomorrow.

Oh please be true!!!

Last edited by SeaFoam; 5/16/14 at 06:34 AM.
Old 5/16/14, 06:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
My tracking is going from 42 days to 11 on a regular basis. I'd say the site is pretty much a joke and I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Oh I'm not, I PMed Deysha for a "true" update so I don't go bonkers. We're getting our first breath of nice weather up here now so the anxiousness is just now starting to set in.
Old 5/16/14, 06:30 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Oh I'm not, I PMed Deysha for a "true" update so I don't go bonkers. We're getting our first breath of nice weather up here now so the anxiousness is just now starting to set in.
Yeah I think I might ask for an update. It's really crazy that Ford can't get the site to at least be consistent with what it's showing. Popping back and forth with dates is really weird to me.

Anyway I have a vert coming and the weather is now good enough to start dropping the top.

Last edited by VidPro; 5/16/14 at 06:48 AM.
Old 5/16/14, 06:33 AM

Hey Deysha,

I hope you are still monitoring this thread. I sent you a PM yesterday about tracking my 2014 GT Premium with Track Package. Please advise when you can. Thanks!

This is what I get from the tracking site. The little blue status bar shows in the middle of "in transit", but no expected delivery or even dealer information showed up.

VEHICLE: 2014 Mustang GT Premium
ORDERED ON: 01/09/2014
ORDER NUMBER: 8513
VIN: 1ZVBP8CFXE5295621
Estimated Delivery: 01/01/2020
DEALER DETAILS:

• In Order processing Completed On : 02.18.14

• IN PRODUCTION Completed On : 02.21.14

• AWAITING SHIPMENT Completed On : 02.25.14

• In transit

• DELIVERED

Last edited by SterlingGrayTrackPack'14; 5/16/14 at 07:34 AM.
Old 5/16/14, 10:11 AM

Just out of curiosity do you plan on using the GT as a daily driver in Winnipeg? Or do you have something else for the cold months?

Im in Dallas so we only have a couple days a year with anything frozen.
Old 5/16/14, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by sinf1x
Just out of curiosity do you plan on using the GT as a daily driver in Winnipeg? Or do you have something else for the cold months?

Im in Dallas so we only have a couple days a year with anything frozen.
I've got a Subaru Legacy for the winter. Been driving Subaru's for 10+ years and wouldn't go without one in the winter. But I will be daily driving the Mustang in the summer, rain or shine.
Old 5/16/14, 11:38 AM

Tried posting pics of the Pony but keep getting message that security token is missing...
Old 5/16/14, 12:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Today marks a full month to when my car was ordered (or so my sales guy says) I still don't even have my Window sticker available! I'm totally jealous (in a good way) to see you all getting your cars!
Old 5/16/14, 01:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Today marks a full month to when my car was ordered (or so my sales guy says) I still don't even have my Window sticker available! I'm totally jealous (in a good way) to see you all getting your cars!
Tomorrow is a month for me, and I'm not even worried about it. Mine should be up 5/23. I've waited 27 years for this car, so a few months doesn't bother me in the least.
Old 5/16/14, 01:49 PM
Cobra Member

I can snap a picture of the Escape that's been coated (it's 12 years old now and been through every winter since, it can give you an idea as well), I'll take a picture of the underside of the Mustang when it gets here as well. Actually, my 2012 V6 has it as well, I could snap a picture of it when I get home. I'm working a 24 today, so it'll be sometime tomorrow.

Oh please be true!!!
Looks like you'll have the car very soon.. Congrats.

Yes thank you for the picture, no worries mine wont be done for 6 weeks.

Thankx
Old 5/16/14, 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I ordered 3/22 and got my window sticker 4/29, I'd say you're getting close but Deysha will be your best resource.
Old 5/16/14, 02:38 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
IT'S FINALLY IN! GOING TO GET IT TONIGHT!
I just realized my 5.0 coupe does not have the brace between the strut towers above the engine. Is it missing or do only the convertibles have this for rigidity?
Congrats again, lancemb! They’re not standard on them. The strut-tower brace comes on the V6 Performance Package. We do have them available on Ford Racing Parts.

I just stopped into my dealership, just to see if by chance it showed up today. No luck.
It was picked up today! It should get there no later than mañana, SeaFoam.

Originally Posted by VidPro
OMG the site to track is hilarious. I said yesterday Firefox was showing in transit but IE was showing still awaiting shipment. Now Firefox is showing awaiting shipment and IE is stating in transit. LOL
It shipped out yesterday, VidPro.

I found if I clear all my Cache in Each browser I can get to the sight and it works. It is a really crazy Sight... But it is all we have Other than the Great one Deysha Knows all See's All Thank you
Awwwe! Thanks, Jazzman442!

Originally Posted by GI-Ken
Tracking site shows awaiting shipment complete 5/15/14......I hope that means it shipped. If so, it takes about 5 days to deliver to my dealer based on other shipment history. It has to go to the body shop for the spoiler to be added once it arrives. Maybe, I will get it before Memorial Day weekend.
It was just put out to await shipment yesterday, GI-Ken.

Originally Posted by SterlingGrayTrackPack'14
Hey Deysha,

I hope you are still monitoring this thread. I sent you a PM yesterday about tracking my 2014 GT Premium with Track Package. Please advise when you can. Thanks!
Thanks, SterlingGrayTrackPack’14 and welcome to the forum. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 5/16/14, 05:13 PM
GT Member

Just a random question, does anyone know where the rail drop off point around iowa is? I would assume either Chicago or Kansas City, would make sense if the car got picked up today and be here before tomorrow.
Old 5/16/14, 06:53 PM

When it gets here it gets here....whatever.

Last edited by GI-Ken; 5/18/14 at 05:19 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread