Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/14, 09:49 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by GI-Ken
I ordered mine with stone interior and it looks like the video. The picture on the Ford site is absolutely not a good representation. I test drove a stone interior and prefer the color contrast over the black. Seats will be much cooler in the summer. They make stuff to clean leather and protect it. Not that hard to clean. Unless you spill your blue berry juice.

I'm a blueberry juice freak. Now what do I do?

Well I guess the cooler seats is a plus since this is a vert. I guess I'll learn to love it.

I guess in the right light my current 2000 GT with Classic Soft Trim leather is about the same.
Attached Images  

Last edited by VidPro; 5/8/14 at 09:56 AM.
Old 5/8/14, 02:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
So while I await my car delivery of course I am on the net looking at any and all Mustang vids and I come across this 13 GT. I ordered my car with a stone interior but on the site it looks grey and not white like this video. Tell me I'm not getting a white interior. If you watch the vid he shows the window sticker and it says the same thing on my sticker. On the build your car site at Ford the interior color for stone is almost a light charcoal.

WoW New "2013 Ford GT Mustang" Premium 5.0 Deep Impact Blue w/auto TDY Sales - YouTube

I just traded in my 2014 mustang on sunday for the one i ordered. It had stone interior and i ordered black on the new one. it got dirty really fast and i had to keep wiping it all the time with leather wipes just from wearing my black levi's. this is the inside of the one i traded in. it was too light for me and i thought it would be more of a gray color than it was. 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_2366.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_2372.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_2374.jpg
Old 5/8/14, 03:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I love this thread it is a place to go for some hope on getting your new Mustang Ordered and delivered. LOL

I love all these stories on the process. Gives me hope as on the web sight I'm stuck in the count down with nothing happening..

Th wait goes on..........................
Old 5/8/14, 03:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My2011 Elantra had that light grey and I HATED IT. it was so much maintenance not to mention the kids on it!

I ordered black sports cloth with the v6 premium!

I'm told that I won't get my mustang till July
Old 5/8/14, 03:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Idk how you guys didn't do your research on the Stone interior. There have been pics of it on this site since 2009.
Old 5/8/14, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
Idk how you guys didn't do your research on the Stone interior. There have been pics of it on this site since 2009.
Old 5/9/14, 03:34 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Um well I've only been here since I've ordered and I didn't realize the Ford site was so far off from what medium stone is in terms if color. I do love forum police though.
Old 5/9/14, 03:39 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
I just traded in my 2014 mustang on sunday for the one i ordered. It had stone interior and i ordered black on the new one. it got dirty really fast and i had to keep wiping it all the time with leather wipes just from wearing my black levi's. this is the inside of the one i traded in. it was too light for me and i thought it would be more of a gray color than it was. Attachment 158308

Attachment 158309

Attachment 158310
Yeah that's what I remember when I had a vert with truly white interior. I think it looks really nice but certain clothes would leave their mark and lots if cleaning. It is what it is.
Old 5/9/14, 07:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Um well I've only been here since I've ordered and I didn't realize the Ford site was so far off from what medium stone is in terms if color. I do love forum police though.
Just saying...the interior has been out in the wild for 5 years. I don't know how you didn't come across a picture of it online somewhere, or think to do a quick google search, or look at any dealer's inventory to see what it looked like in person. The Ford B&P site has a *ton* of glitches and wrong information.
Old 5/9/14, 07:22 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Just saying...the interior has been out in the wild for 5 years. I don't know how you didn't come across a picture of it online somewhere, or think to do a quick google search, or look at any dealer's inventory to see what it looked like in person. The Ford B&P site has a *ton* of glitches and wrong information.
I agree that I took for granted that the Ford build your car site was accurate. So yes it's my fault for not digging deeper into my choice. Well at least I am looking at a lot of pictures now. LOL! Anyway no biggie. I think the stone color with sterling and silver stripes is going to look sweet. Plus my *** will stay cooler on hot summer day.
Old 5/9/14, 07:58 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Hmm I'm wondering if there was a change. I keep coming across Med Stone interiors that look the ones posted here and then I find cars like this with what I was expecting.

http://www.classicfordofsmithfield.c...48926a5021.htm
Old 5/9/14, 09:05 AM

[QUOTE=VidPro;6801092]Hmm I'm wondering if there was a change. I keep coming across Med Stone interiors that look the ones posted here and then I find cars like this with what I was expecting.

If all else fails.. You could also look at the Mustang Brochure that has ALL of the color options..
Attached Images  
Old 5/9/14, 09:47 AM
Legacy Tms Member

True but real life pics here don't look like that either but that could be the way the pic was taken.
Old 5/9/14, 10:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hmm I'm wondering if there was a change. I keep coming across Med Stone interiors that look the ones posted here and then I find cars like this with what I was expecting. http://www.classicfordofsmithfield.c...48926a5021.htm
That is the Ebony Dark Charcoal or whatever they call it. It's black. If that's listed as Stone, it's a mistake.
Old 5/9/14, 10:57 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok thanks.
Old 5/9/14, 11:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok thanks.
I checked the listing. That's definitely a mistake on the dealer. They must have matched the listing with the wrong pics. I've seen this a lot lately. Colors don't match, options don't match etc. But yeah, that car is definitely black on black.

Honestly I really like the Stone interior, it's just going to be tougher to keep looking clean. When it is clean though, it looks awesome.
Old 5/9/14, 11:30 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I checked the listing. That's definitely a mistake on the dealer. They must have matched the listing with the wrong pics. I've seen this a lot lately. Colors don't match, options don't match etc. But yeah, that car is definitely black on black.

Honestly I really like the Stone interior, it's just going to be tougher to keep looking clean. When it is clean though, it looks awesome.
Yeah searched a little more there and I saw a bunch of mistakes. Funny thing is the more I search out pics of the interior the more I'm digging it. It seems to me it's really difficult to get a good photo of it because it looks differnent depending on minor light chages. I think it looks sweet here but even here the angle of the shot changes the look.

http://capital-ford-wilmington.ebiza...-11865067.html

When I had an 83 white Mustang I remember how my jeans and certain coats would stain the light interior. I'll be a bit more careful this time around.

Last edited by VidPro; 5/9/14 at 11:35 AM.
Old 5/9/14, 11:59 AM

Man, I feel really bad for you... I know it is not going to make your car arrive any faster, but there are people on this forum that actually care for one another, rather than just selfishly posting comments about THEIR cars, and not really caring about their peers....

I ordered my car the 21st or March and got it yesterday..... I live nearby Chicago..... If you are waiting longer than that, it is unacceptable, and you have all the right to be pissed, and bummed out....

Just my 2 cents....

I am really happy with my car and my decision, and maybe all the bad emotions will go away when you finally get your car.... But honestly it's not healthy to be stressed so either wait relaxed or go to a lot and get something you are happy with....

Thank you Deysha for your help and info on my car! I really appreciate your efforts with me.

Originally Posted by lancemb
Sales manager called me back after letting me walk out and said his rep will call me. Haven't heard anything yet. I reluctantly agreed to wait one more week at which point I will go get another one. I never thought I could have another customer service experience rival my worst with Comcast and Dell.
Old 5/9/14, 12:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah searched a little more there and I saw a bunch of mistakes. Funny thing is the more I search out pics of the interior the more I'm digging it. It seems to me it's really difficult to get a good photo of it because it looks differnent depending on minor light chages. I think it looks sweet here but even here the angle of the shot changes the look. http://capital-ford-wilmington.ebiza...-11865067.html When I had an 83 white Mustang I remember how my jeans and certain coats would stain the light interior. I'll be a bit more careful this time around.

Yep. I actually wish they just offered an actual white interior. Some of the SEMA cars have had it done custom, and it looks awesome. I know it'll get dirty easy, but it just looks so sharp. I wish Ford offered the Recaros in Stone and Saddle
Old 5/9/14, 02:40 PM

Yep. I actually wish they just offered an actual white interior. Some of the SEMA cars have had it done custom, and it looks awesome. I know it'll get dirty easy, but it just looks so sharp. I wish Ford offered the Recaros in Stone and Saddle
Maybe stone not sure about saddle Recaros,That and color stitching would have been nice also.

I'm a little sad eta changed to 6-5-14

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread