2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/14, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I wasn't surprised at all to see it pushed back. Although I believe my car goes to a different shipping Queue, being Canadian, which will be inevitably shorter, being a much smaller country and all, it's not exactly a bullet train to Winnipeg. I'm not familiar with train routes US to Canada, but I'm sure it probably crosses the border in Southern Ontario and makes the long winding trip across the shield to Manitoba, like most US automakers. When I saw my build date of 05/05, I was expecting a delivery closer to mid-June, so even if it's pushed back again, I can't say I didn't see it coming. They haven't even STARTED cleaning up the streets here yet, so I'm in no huge rush.
Sucks you have to wait a bit longer mate. I'll be in WPG end of May. .
Old 5/2/14, 05:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bob554234
Sucks you have to wait a bit longer mate. I'll be in WPG end of May. .
Bring your parka!
Old 5/2/14, 07:44 AM
GT Member

Delivery date online now pushed from 5/5 to 5/8, bummer. the auto train pulled in yesterday, was hoping it was on it and possibly get today, guess the waiting continues.
Old 5/2/14, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Well I am chomping at the Bit.. Ordered a new 2014 On April 10. Ford accepted the order on the 11th. The Priority is a 10.

Deysha sent me the Vin and information.Many Thankx...

Time to Start ordering the Accessories. I go to the Ordering web sight to see the count down daily...

What fun.. so Now the Waiting Game begins...
Old 5/2/14, 10:41 AM
GT Member

Dealer just called me, as of 4 am today, the car is in the rail yard in Phoenix. They are calling over there to see how see how soon it will be before they can get it on a truck and get it to the dealer. The yard is no more than 10-15 miles away if that. They noticed as well my delivery date was moved forward a few days, but they are going to see what they can do.
Old 5/2/14, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks everyone, I picked the car up last night and the rain held off for me long enough to allow me show it to my mom, dad and grandparents. They got to see all the cool night features like the pony projectors and taillights as well as the interior lighting. Then got it home safe before any rain fell my wife said i couldn't stop smiling....I'm doing well so far at not clearing 4000 rpms before 500 miles (my own little break in) have about 70 miles on it so far. I'll get more pictures up later today or tom.

Last edited by Slizzime; 5/2/14 at 11:06 AM.
Old 5/2/14, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
Dealer just called me, as of 4 am today, the car is in the rail yard in Phoenix. They are calling over there to see how see how soon it will be before they can get it on a truck and get it to the dealer. The yard is no more than 10-15 miles away if that. They noticed as well my delivery date was moved forward a few days, but they are going to see what they can do.
Good to hear !
Old 5/2/14, 11:12 AM
GT Member

Dealer just called back and said car will be delivered to them tomorrow! We are going in today to do the paperwork part today so we know where we are with trade and payment. he said we can do it all tomorrow, but i wanted to get part of it done today so we know exactly where we are at on it. woo hoo!
Old 5/2/14, 11:55 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by lancemb
Seriously? It hasn't left the plant yet? Honestly my patience is entirely gone. I have shipped cars across the country in way less time for less money than what I was charged for destination. Sorry to sour the mood but I have to call it how I see it. Starting to regret.
There are some transit delays, but it was assigned a truck already.

Originally Posted by laserred38
Thank you
You’re welcome, laserred38!

Originally Posted by GI-Ken
Deysha gave me my sticker date. Can't wait to see it! Thanks.
You’re welcome, GI-Ken!

Originally Posted by Magman
I work for a tier 1 supplier to Ford, and was recently put in contact with someone over at Flat Rock who is sort of keeping an eye on my car for me. I learned last night, that although my car was built and has finished the audits, etc, it needed to be sent "across the street" to have the glass roof installed. At the same time, the tracking site showed my car as "awaiting shipment". From what I understand, my car was sent "across the street" this morning - the tracking site now shows my car as "In Transit".

The tracking site is definitely just a guideline.
+1 on the info! Yours just shipped out today, Magman!

Originally Posted by Slizzime
Finally some pictures from last week prior to leaving for vacation.....these wouldn't load from my phone or tablet but now that im home i resized them and it works Car only had 5.1 miles on it too! Ill get more up after I pick the car up!
Gorgeous, Slizzime!!!

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Well I am chomping at the Bit.. Ordered a new 2014 On April 10. Ford accepted the order on the 11th. The Priority is a 10.

Deysha sent me the Vin and information.Many Thankx...

Time to Start ordering the Accessories. I go to the Ordering web sight to see the count down daily...

What fun.. so Now the Waiting Game begins...
You’re welcome, Jazzman442!

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
Dealer just called back and said car will be delivered to them tomorrow! We are going in today to do the paperwork part today so we know where we are with trade and payment. he said we can do it all tomorrow, but i wanted to get part of it done today so we know exactly where we are at on it. woo hoo!
That’s great news, disneyfun1!

Deysha
Old 5/2/14, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
There are some transit delays, but it was assigned a truck already.

Deysha
I have to take delivery within a few days in order to adhere to the terms of my loan, since I had it funded on 22nd. I had it funded on the 22nd because the tracker site said it was due on 23rd so I waited as long as I could, so I have had the money in my bank since then. Then at last minute it was delayed a week. Then again. Then estimated date on and off and on and now off again and nearly 3 weeks later it is still sitting in a parking lot. There is no excuse for that. They should just take that site down if no attempt will be made to adhere to schedule and no priority will be given to special order cars. I am not going to pay back my loan and reapply for another one. If my car does not get here I'll be forced to go get something off a lot somewhere. Really disappointing.
Old 5/2/14, 04:26 PM

Thanks everyone, I picked the car up last night and the rain held off for me long enough to allow me show it to my mom, dad and grandparents. They got to see all the cool night features like the pony projectors and taillights as well as the interior lighting. Then got it home safe before any rain fell my wife said i couldn't stop smiling....I'm doing well so far at not clearing 4000 rpms before 500 miles (my own little break in) have about 70 miles on it so far. I'll get more pictures up later today or tom.
Car looks great, I'm sure it was worth the wait. How do you like your glass roof?
I really regret not waiting and ordering one with a glass roof. I love my car, i've had it 7 weeks now and put 2000 miles on it so far. I am always looking for excuses to go out now just to drive the car. I took it easy the first 1000 miles now I drive it normally , I know you will have fun driving it. Enjoy
Old 5/2/14, 09:56 PM

So how does this work? I give u numbers and you can tell me how long it still might be??
I ordered my car on 3/31/14.. Order number 6552. From dealer: F71170 (friendly ford, in Las Vegas nv)
Can u tell me how much longer it will be?
Today is day 31!
I'm anxious to see my beautiful car!
Old 5/2/14, 10:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Blownsnake93
So how does this work? I give u numbers and you can tell me how long it still might be??
I ordered my car on 3/31/14.. Order number 6552. From dealer: F71170 (friendly ford, in Las Vegas nv)
Today is day 31!
go to http://www.cotusb.ford.com and type in your order number and dealer number and see if there is info on it there.
Old 5/2/14, 10:39 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My estimated delivery just popped up! I haven't been this excited/antsy in years!
Old 5/3/14, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by FordService

+1 on the info! Yours just shipped out today, Magman!
Thanks so much, Deysha!

Yep, got into work yesterday morning at 6:30 to find an email that my car had shipped at 6:13!!!! I (not so) patiently waited until about 9:30 before calling my salesman. He said the car wasn't there yet. While talking to him about the probability of it coming in that day and debating if I should take off to the credit union to get the money just in case, he says "wait, a car hauler with Fusions on it just drove by really slow. I couldn't tell if it came out of my lot or not. Let me check and call you back." About five lonnnnngggggg minutes later, I get a text with a picture of the sexiest beast I've ever seen with the caption "Looks like your not getting any work done today...." So, after a long day of paperwork and coordinating between the credit union and the dealership, I got her home at about 6:00 last night!!

Here is the pic my salesman sent. I'd take more, but it's been raining like crazy here....
Attached Images  
Old 5/3/14, 06:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dude, legitimately happy for you man. Enjoy that thing...and get us more pics.

Originally Posted by Blownsnake93
Today is day 31!
Deysha (FordService) might just ****** your info from this post and start updating you, but maybe shoot her a PM just to be safe. You'll probably hear back Monday sometime. And welcome to the Waiting Room!

Originally Posted by Turbo302
My estimated delivery just popped up! I haven't been this excited/antsy in years!
It's a big moment eh? Starts to get real. My build date is Monday, 2 days till my car ACTUALLY EXISTS. Hard to contain myself, but I'm off to Jamaica for a few days next week, take my mind off the waiting.

Originally Posted by Magman
Thanks so much, Deysha!

Yep, got into work yesterday morning at 6:30 to find an email that my car had shipped at 6:13!!!! I (not so) patiently waited until about 9:30 before calling my salesman. He said the car wasn't there yet. While talking to him about the probability of it coming in that day and debating if I should take off to the credit union to get the money just in case, he says "wait, a car hauler with Fusions on it just drove by really slow. I couldn't tell if it came out of my lot or not. Let me check and call you back." About five lonnnnngggggg minutes later, I get a text with a picture of the sexiest beast I've ever seen with the caption "Looks like your not getting any work done today...." So, after a long day of paperwork and coordinating between the credit union and the dealership, I got her home at about 6:00 last night!!

Here is the pic my salesman sent. I'd take more, but it's been raining like crazy here....
More pics! Congrats dude, how much gear you got sitting at home ready to go on?
Old 5/3/14, 09:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
How many of you all have had the Dealer keep the shipping wrap on the car to take delivery and prep the car your self?
Old 5/3/14, 09:34 AM

No thanks. If there is something not right, I would rather they see it first.
Old 5/3/14, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GI-Ken
No thanks. If there is something not right, I would rather they see it first.
I agree. I thought about getting them to leave all the wrap on, so I could do my own complete prep, but I want to be able to go over the whole car. The only thing I'm asking to keep the wrap on is the carpet/floor.
Old 5/3/14, 11:25 AM

So I'm in day 32 since I ordered the car and I typed my info in that website and it says no matching vehicle found.. What gives?!? :-/

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread