Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/14, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blownsnake93
So I'm in day 32 since I ordered the car and I typed my info in that website and it says no matching vehicle found.. What gives?!? :-/
That site's had issues for the last few weeks. I've got a window sticker for mine and occasionally I get that message too. Try again later today.
Old 5/3/14, 02:54 PM
GT Member

So I'm in day 32 since I ordered the car and I typed my info in that website and it says no matching vehicle found.. What gives?!? :-/
the website sometimes has issues since its still a beta site. just try again and it may show up later.
Old 5/3/14, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just had a quick look. Mine wasn't working earlier but is now.
Old 5/3/14, 03:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
This happens to me all the time. Funny thing I noticed the other day depending on the Browser I used it was either Busy or it would work.
Old 5/3/14, 03:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I agree. I thought about getting them to leave all the wrap on, so I could do my own complete prep, but I want to be able to go over the whole car. The only thing I'm asking to keep the wrap on is the carpet/floor.
That is a great Idea Thank you

Originally Posted by GI-Ken
No thanks. If there is something not right, I would rather they see it first.
That is true.

I have read about some having them keep everything on and they did it them selves.

Thank you for the idea. I think I will have them leave floors and Steering wheel on.
Old 5/3/14, 04:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can definitely see the appeal of doing all the prep yourself and being the only one to unwrap/clean/detail the car...but you can't see stuff until you get it home, which is too late, and I can definitely see it from the dealer's perspective too. How can they take responsibility for a scratch/blemish/minor ding when the car left with the panel still covered? They had no chance to note it on delivery, and you don't get a chance to note it to them. I work in the industry and I do see it all the time. Delivery wrap comes off, what the hell is that, claim to the manufacturer or transport company, problem solved. The minute you sign the delivery slip and take the car off the lot, that kinda stuff is your problem.
Old 5/3/14, 06:15 PM

My dealer has the "like it or leave it" for 48 hrs, which is awesome because I already gave them one of the Mustangs back and got an ordered one. I have the satisfaction this time to know that is mine coming off the truck.
Old 5/4/14, 08:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Tomorrow is build day! I know I'm not the only one too, there's a bunch of us whose cars will finally be alive tomorrow!
Old 5/4/14, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I agree. I thought about getting them to leave all the wrap on, so I could do my own complete prep, but I want to be able to go over the whole car. The only thing I'm asking to keep the wrap on is the carpet/floor.
You can certainly take the plastic off yourself and look over the car, before signing the papers. The idea is really to not let them wash the car or touch it cosmetically. There's nothing that says you have to drive it off the lot still covered. I took the white plastic pieces off the exterior of the car before I signed papers, and looked over the exterior of the car for about 30 minutes, panel by panel. Looked for dings, scratches, panel alignment, tiger striping in the paint, and mismatched bumpers. Once I was satisfied, I signed papers.

These cars have a laughable amount of protective covering on the outside compared to most other makes…a single tiny piece on the front and rear bumpers, a tiny piece behind each front wheel, and about an 8" square piece on the driver's door…Ford doesn't even put a piece on the rear decklid anymore. No wheel protection of any kind either.

Contrast this with VW or Audi, who not only covers the entire topside of the car with plastic, a lot more around the door handles, the bumpers, the wheels, etc., but also puts the entire car in a bag with just a windshield and headlight cutout.

Name:  ebb4c4e8.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  122.1 KB

Meanwhile Ford chooses to tempt fate with rail dust etc, pretty much with no protection whatsoever:

Last edited by puma1552; 5/4/14 at 10:26 AM.
Old 5/4/14, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I took delivery I didn't mind them cleaning her off. Just didn't want them to brand my pony with their name. Also didn't want hole drilled into front bumper to install that ugly license plate holder
Old 5/4/14, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

To each his own. While I do take good car of the paint on my cars, I have no problem with the way most dealers clean their cars for delivery. When I signed my order, there was a black fusion in their delivery area that was immaculate. I admired it for a few minutes while I was waiting for the sales manager. If they start mine off in that condition, it means I just gotta slap the plates on and drive it that first day, not spend hours cleaning it. That's for day 2. Having bought multiple new cars over the past 20 years, my mind won't be changed this time around. I've always asked for the same thing, that's to leave the plastic on the carpet. This is my first black car, but not my first rodeo.
Old 5/4/14, 11:26 AM

Well I finally got through the website and apparently it was ordered 3/29, like planned and it's still in the order process!! Wtf?!?! It's been over 30 days and still in the order process!! Wow
Also I'm looking at the picture generated and the list of options I had picked, they put stripe delete! I ordered mine with the race stripe!
I'm seriously pissed! Can that just be a website mix up? My order paper shows the stripe option selected
I can't believe I still over 60 days to wait..
Old 5/4/14, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well I finally got through the website and apparently it was ordered 3/29, like planned and it's still in the order process!! Wtf?!?! It's been over 30 days and still in the order process!! Wow
Also I'm looking at the picture generated and the list of options I had picked, they put stripe delete! I ordered mine with the race stripe!
I'm seriously pissed! Can that just be a website mix up? My order paper shows the stripe option selected
I can't believe I still over 60 days to wait..
Do you have an order sheet from your dealer, that shows the options you selected, etc? That's what you should be going by for options, and Deysha's info is what you should go by for actual dates. Mine was in order processing for 5 full weeks before my window sticker was produced and production scheduled. Some people on here were in processing for longer than that. What's the priority number on your order sheet?
Old 5/4/14, 12:23 PM
GT Member

my car arrived at dealer last night after they closed, going to pick it up now. good thing they are only 10 mins away!
Old 5/4/14, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
my car arrived at dealer last night after they closed, going to pick it up now. good thing they are only 10 mins away!
Congrats man, enjoy it!!
Old 5/4/14, 02:11 PM

Yes my sheet shows I picked option 47A - Ott racing stripe
And my priority says 17
My internet page says I had the stripe delete and no mentioning of my racing stripe
Hopefully that's just a mix up
Old 5/4/14, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes my sheet shows I picked option 47A - Ott racing stripe
And my priority says 17
My internet page says I had the stripe delete and no mentioning of my racing stripe
Hopefully that's just a mix up
Your build sheet will be correct. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "View Additional Disclosures" and read number 4. Always read the fine print. If you've got an order sheet with an order number on it, and it says 47A, you're getting 47A.

Aside from that though, I ordered no stripes. My summary says "Less tape stripe" AND "Less racing stripes". What's the exact wording under Exterior?
Old 5/4/14, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
The wait is over let's see some pics!
Old 5/4/14, 05:36 PM
GT Member

Here it is.I have to take it back tomorrow so they can do the pre-inspection on it since no one was there to do it, they also have to install the wheel locks that came with the package, the locks were in the trunk to be added at dealer. then i have to bring it back tuesday and they are going to tint the windows on it. I also noticed the wing is bigger with the rear camera in it. its wider and has the indents in it as well, my other was not as big, i like this one much better.2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-car-5.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-car-4.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-car-3.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-car-2.jpg

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-car-1.jpg

Last edited by disneyfun1; 5/4/14 at 05:43 PM.
Old 5/4/14, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Looking good!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread