Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/07, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006GT
Not right off hand. I've seen red and blue and black. I think silver is a great choice! I think I'd go with that or a satin silver. Either looks good on white. You could go with a darker color like blue, red or black but IMO, it screams "LOOK AT ME! I HAVE STRIPES!". The silver is a little less in your face. Good choice!

Yes! Tech day Saturday! " This is going to be some motor party! Beeeeeee there...

David- Would it help if we moved the meeting to a different date and/or time?
Vista Blue is going down. You realize that right?
Old 2/5/07, 08:42 PM

Vista going down?
Old 2/5/07, 08:42 PM

Paul have you switched to the new Windows Vista yet?
Old 2/5/07, 08:52 PM

I can do Monday nights if thats what we wanna do. Or I can do any night after 5:00 except Friday or Saturday.
Old 2/6/07, 05:19 AM

I could probably do Monday nights.

Nope... I don't watch 24. BUT, I heard it's awesome. I'd love to get the past DVDs and catch up, but I don't wanna get hooked.
Old 2/6/07, 05:29 AM

I'll catch up... trust me...

If MS Vista is the same as most MS products, it won't be fast and will only give Vista a bad name...
Old 2/6/07, 07:23 AM

So I found a driveshaft that will work with the Saleen short throw shifter adaptor. Go check out modularfords.com. They come from Denny's driveshafts. They aren't aluminum but they only weigh 22lbs. The aluminum one on here is 17lbs. I figure 5lbs difference isn't a big deal. The sale on modularfords is better anyway. $540 with free shipping! I am VERY tempted. The money keeps piling up though.
Old 2/6/07, 08:18 PM

Where is everyone today anyway? Paul, Dave, Bob....?
Old 2/6/07, 08:19 PM

I could probably do Monday nights.

Nope... I don't watch 24. BUT, I heard it's awesome. I'd love to get the past DVDs and catch up, but I don't wanna get hooked.
What's with the comment about 24? Where did that come from?
Old 2/7/07, 05:10 AM

David asked if anyone watches the show 24....

I'll have check out that drive shift.

Bob? Where are you man?
Old 2/7/07, 06:47 PM

Ok guys I have rethought my next mods and I think I am going to get the Steeda UDP's and a new shifter or The UDP's and LCA's not sure which? What do you guys think?
Old 2/7/07, 06:49 PM

After those mods I think Gears wil be next on the agenda followed by the Swaybar eliminator from BMR and Sticky tires.
Old 2/7/07, 06:54 PM

I think somewhere along the way I want to do some of the exterior "bling" mods. What are the plans for you guys for the near future? I know Jeff is looking into the aluminum driveshaft. What about you Paul? Bob if your still around what about you?
Old 2/8/07, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by DavidM
I think somewhere along the way I want to do some of the exterior "bling" mods. What are the plans for you guys for the near future? I know Jeff is looking into the aluminum driveshaft. What about you Paul? Bob if your still around what about you?
Actually I have two other mods before the driveshaft. I have a bling mod by way of a new 2006 Saleen leather and billet shift **** and the FRPP 410 gears. The shift **** gets here tomorrow and the gears will be here next week. AFter these two then I am considering the driveshaft. Have to wait and see if it fits with the Saleen shifter adaptor 100%. A guy on Modularfords.com bought one, has the adaptor and will let me know if it fits or not.
Old 2/8/07, 08:04 AM

Ok guys I have rethought my next mods and I think I am going to get the Steeda UDP's and a new shifter or The UDP's and LCA's not sure which? What do you guys think?
Go with the UDPs and the shifter. The LCAs aren't required. They only help with wheel hop and have no real street value. You drive your car everyday so you will love the improved shifter.
Old 2/8/07, 08:04 AM

After those mods I think Gears wil be next on the agenda followed by the Swaybar eliminator from BMR and Sticky tires.
What the hell does a swaybar do anyway?
Old 2/8/07, 08:26 AM

Well the front swaybar helps to keep the car from swaying too much from side to side when you turn. It also limits how far the suspension can travel upwards during launch. So for a drag car removal of the front swaybar helps in two ways 1. it will allow the car to hook better because of the increased suspension travel upwards helping the car plant the rear tires better and 2. with the eliminator for the 05-present it removes about 40 lbs from the nose of the car. The swaybar on the new cars actually has a brace that supports the radiator as well as the bar that is the reason for the new bracket. It eliminates the swaybar and basicly just supports the radiator. I would brobably just remove the thing before going to the track then put the swaybar back on later.
Old 2/8/07, 08:43 AM

Well the front swaybar helps to keep the car from swaying too much from side to side when you turn. It also limits how far the suspension can travel upwards during launch. So for a drag car removal of the front swaybar helps in two ways 1. it will allow the car to hook better because of the increased suspension travel upwards helping the car plant the rear tires better and 2. with the eliminator for the 05-present it removes about 40 lbs from the nose of the car. The swaybar on the new cars actually has a brace that supports the radiator as well as the bar that is the reason for the new bracket. It eliminates the swaybar and basicly just supports the radiator. I would brobably just remove the thing before going to the track then put the swaybar back on later.
Removal sounds best since you drive your car each day. Can you compensate for it being gone by using different shocks and struts?
Old 2/8/07, 11:10 AM

David is on the money ... but there are reasons for it.
Basically it’s like this, if you remove your sway bar, your Stang will handle corners for S%$T. Or another way to look at it is, when you corner (especially hard) your car has a natural tendency to lean due to centrifugal force. This throws off you’re car’s balance and center of gravity. The sway bar simply holds the suspension flat and thus giving the car better balance. Great for Road Racing obviously.
However, this has a negative effect when drag racing. As David mentioned… A main goal in drag racing is to shift the weight balance (Blanance Tranfer) to the rear of the car so the rear tires gets more traction. Ya know how when you launch off the line you see the car “rear up” in the front? Well, it would lift up even more if the sway bar was removed. The way the sway bar is designed and hooked up, it prevents the front suspension from fully expanding and thus preventing optimal weight transfer to the rear. Clear as mud?

In short… I’m not removing mine. But my goal is to build a great ‘all around car”. I like the twisty just as much as the drags. Probably even more. The drags are just more convenient.

Oh and to answer your question about compensating with shocks... yes. But they would have to be so stiff; your car would ride like a floor jack. So, from a practicality stand point, "no'.

And where the *BEEEEEEP* is Bob?
Old 2/8/07, 11:26 AM

David is on the money ... but there are reasons for it.
Basically itā€™s like this, if you remove your sway bar, your Stang will handle corners for S%$T. Or another way to look at it is, when you corner (especially hard) your car has a natural tendency to lean due to centrifugal force. This throws off youā€™re carā€™s balance and center of gravity. The sway bar simply holds the suspension flat and thus giving the car better balance. Great for Road Racing obviously.
However, this has a negative effect when drag racing. As David mentionedā€¦ A main goal in drag racing is to shift the weight balance (Blanance Tranfer) to the rear of the car so the rear tires gets more traction. Ya know how when you launch off the line you see the car ā€œrear upā€ in the front? Well, it would lift up even more if the sway bar was removed. The way the sway bar is designed and hooked up, it prevents the front suspension from fully expanding and thus preventing optimal weight transfer to the rear. Clear as mud?

In shortā€¦ Iā€™m not removing mine. But my goal is to build a great ā€˜all around carā€. I like the twisty just as much as the drags. Probably even more. The drags are just more convenient.

Oh and to answer your question about compensating with shocks... yes. But they would have to be so stiff; your car would ride like a floor jack. So, from a practicality stand point, "no'.

And where the *BEEEEEEP* is Bob?

Thanks for the info guys. Cleared up what it does and what not to do.

EVERYONE-DON'T forget about this Saturday at 11AM at BHF for our monthly meeting. We can revisit moving the date after this meeting. We need to nail down more dates for different events. Also we need to nail Randy down on the pullovers and t-shirts and memberships for customers.

Bob-we miss ya buddy. Where have you gone? Paul can you call him and see if he is alive?

ALso, still having tech day on my car, weather permitting of course. Gauge install. Good times. Beer. Women-well maybe, maybe not:-)

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa