2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/06, 09:56 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me know what you find out about the Zaino...

Here is what I have so far in my garage just WAITING:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...76&autoview=sku

and

http://www.mustangtuning.com/standstpo2.html Would look good on Torch Red, too!

and

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...76&autoview=sku

And I just ordered this:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...76&autoview=sku See, 3M tape!

And I have the dremel all fired up ready to cut that pesky top coil off the rear springs!
Old 2/22/06, 10:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Chris is going to replace or upgrade (or whatever) the exhaust for me. And the wheels. I really the 18s. And soon we will do something with the stereo. Going with the Shaker 500 for now. Other than that, nothing really planned, but I am checking out other cosmetic mods. (button and control covers, shifter *****, etc.)
Old 2/22/06, 10:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I read an article about how the paint today is cured very quickly and definately before it gets to the dealership. Waxing the cars is one of the first things you should do according to this article. And no, I cannot find it again for the life of me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 10:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 22, 2006, 10:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
And I have the dremel all fired up ready to cut that pesky top coil off the rear springs!
[/b][/quote]
Tom- I would go this route. I know it's more economical whacking off a coil, but you'll be compromising the variable spring rate. You're spending 30k on a new car, don't take a shortcut off a $125 part. just my $.02 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Here's a link of one installed: Roush Rear Springs Installed
Old 2/22/06, 10:47 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 22, 2006, 9:09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Chris is going to replace or upgrade (or whatever) the exhaust for me. And the wheels. I really the 18s. And soon we will do something with the stereo. Going with the Shaker 500 for now. Other than that, nothing really planned, but I am checking out other cosmetic mods. (button and control covers, shifter *****, etc.)
[/b][/quote]

Susan,
Congrats, you just moved up to a GT member with your 100 posts. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Enjoy reading about you, Bill, & Tom. Heart goes out to Tom, can't believe this is happing to him. I know you all have heard this before but when you all get your new Mustangs and [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eclipsee_steering.gif[/img] it will be a great experiance. I have owned Mustangs for years, still own 4 but the new one is fantastic! Just got my first oil change at 1500 miles and have had no issues at all!
Post pictures when they come in!
Dan
Old 2/22/06, 11:11 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 22, 2006, 12:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Tom- I would go this route.[/b][/quote]
I'm definitely not doing it to save money, I just think 1 inch is too much. It should be more like 3/4" or 5/8". Here is a reply I got from a member here telling about cutting 1 coil off:

I cut exactly one coil from the top of the rear springs, and it lowered the rear by 9 or 10/16ths of an inch in the rear. My measurements, which weren't exactly scientific, also showed a 1/16 ELEVATION in the front end. Go figure? I took it out and drove it hard, then came back and tried to park in the same spot in my garage before measuring again. Visually, the car is perfectly level and I love the look, although if you measure it , it is still a bit higher in the rear (1/8th or so). I noticed no difference in ride quality or anything else, and I see no downside to doing it. I did spray the cut end of the spring with a metal primer and some rustoleum black just for good measure. I understand your apprehension in doing this, but I asked for anyone on the forum who had actually done it to give me a reason not to, and no one could. I'd definitely do it again!

Sounds like the aftermarket springs stiffen the ride, where cutting off the top coil shouldn't change the ride quality (just lower the body slightly).

Either way, if it doesn't work out, I can always buy the springs you suggested! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Guess I should get the car first, though. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustangdans @ February 22, 2006, 12:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Susan,
Congrats, you just moved up to a GT member with your 100 posts. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
Guess I'll have to keep it up to get to 100!

I'm still very excited and I know the day will come... it's just every morning is a new day for hope, then I'm let down with no ship date. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 11:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 22, 2006, 12:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Either way, if it doesn't work out, I can always buy the springs you suggested! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
It's all good! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] Always a good idea to keep your options open.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustangdans @ February 22, 2006, 11:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Post pictures when they come in!
[/b][/quote]
Dan- You betcha! With any luck, it'll be this weekend.
Old 2/22/06, 11:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I did a little research on the EVENT "Bad Order" and this just can't be good. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Bad Order = "A freight car loaded improperly, mechanically defective, or has safety violations. "

LOL crap [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

She is still in Armourdal with no update from yesterday @ 13:15 so it has almost been 24hrs with no update [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

My only hope is my baby is on another car and I guess there is no way to tell that, so I will jut set back and hope and quit complaining, afterall if I did get it Friday it would have only been 5 weeks. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 11:43 AM
GTR Member

OKCMustangGT, you just became a GT Member, too. I need to get on the ball here...
Old 2/22/06, 12:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 22, 2006, 12:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OKCMustangGT, you just became a GT Member, too. I need to get on the ball here...
[/b][/quote]

Well I am going to be driving one, might as well show it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 12:50 PM
GTR Member

What do you think about those taillight covers? They aren't really covers, they just outline around and between the lenses. I think they would look sharp on ANY color car... matches the fake gas cap in the center and the tips.

And won't rust since they aren't metal.
Old 2/22/06, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I saw them a few weeks ago when we first "met". I like them. They add some bling. I think they also make the car a little more retro looking. I will think about it for mine.
Old 2/22/06, 01:01 PM
GTR Member

Oh, that's right... I posted a link before. I forgot about that. I'm more after the retro than the bling. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

I'll send a pic of them on my car in 2007.
Old 2/22/06, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 22, 2006, 2:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll send a pic of them on my car in 2007.
[/b][/quote] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
funny!
Old 2/22/06, 01:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 21, 2006, 3:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was kidding. Not a big UT fan - yet. We're transplants from Tennessee and just haven't gotten the fever. The Rose Bowl was fun to watch though. I say "yet" b/c we may become fans if the daughter enrolls there in a few years.

Bill, I need to jump on this Zaino bandwagon. I don't know anything about all those letters you just spat out. I do know I need to be planning on waxing this baby next Sunday! And I'm thinking maybe I'll throw on my bikini and pose like your avatar when the car comes in. I figure at that distance, it'll be hard to tell I have about 15 pounds on your model.

Maybe I can wear my Ford blue oval tube top like Tom's avatar instead of the bikini. hmmmm...
[/b][/quote]

Where in Tennessee did you live? My home state!
Old 2/22/06, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VQ35DE @ February 22, 2006, 2:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Where in Tennessee did you live? My home state!
[/b][/quote]Spent from 2 months old to 33 years old in Memphis/Germantown/Cordova/Millington. Family is still there. Dad's in Jackson. Not the prettiest part of the state [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 02:02 PM

Hey, don't say that about West Tennessee. I have lived all my life in Union City, TN and my sister now lives in Germantown. Nice to see someone on here from TN !
Old 2/22/06, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

went to UT Martin for a semester (and spent some time up there during my high school years - shhhh), so I know Union City. I went to Germantown HS. Memphis is ok. Austin is beautiful!
Old 2/22/06, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Tom, if it makes you feel any better (and I'm sure it won't, but I'm trying), Cudos over at BOF seems to be in the same boat as you are. Built 2/9 and still no shipping.
Old 2/22/06, 03:10 PM
GTR Member

I just saw that... He has a Fusion, though.

Also, that update was given on the 16th (he didn't get an update yesterday).

I'll bet (another one) that with today's update, his will have shipped. What do you think?

I just sent Cudos a PM... said I would almost bet him a weeks pay that his has shipped since the 16th.

There can only be 1 unlucky SOB at a time, right? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ponies on order