2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/06, 06:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't get into BOF right now... but maybe he replied to my PM. Will let you know!

Nothing different in the PM... hope I will at least get some news tomorrow... right now I just want to know WHAT is going on.

Thought it was a convertible issue, but MisterHaji's vert was built and shipped 2 days later.

I'm slowly going from excited... to disheartened... to pissed.
Old 2/9/06, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 9, 2006, 8:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Can't get into BOF right now... but maybe he replied to my PM. Will let you know!

Nothing different in the PM... hope I will at least get some news tomorrow... right now I just want to know WHAT is going on.

Thought it was a convertible issue, but MisterHaji's vert was built and shipped 2 days later.

I'm slowly going from excited... to disheartened... to pissed.
[/b][/quote]
I'm so sorry. Maybe you should order another one just in case? Kinda kidding, but kinda not. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] I am sure you're frustrated.

Wonder if BOF was down b/c that Googlebot posted? I haven't seen a post like that before. Not cool.
Old 2/9/06, 07:17 PM
GTR Member

I don't know... I couldn't get into here after I was able to get into BOF.

I'm still under 8 weeks (they said the cars usually arrive 6-8 weeks after ordering) so I can't really complain too much. It's only frustrating seeing everybody else's go so smooth.

If it would ship the 11th and take 10 days to get here, that would be just about 8 weeks.

The day Kzinti says it finally shipped and gives the release and ship dates, I'll move back from pissed to excited! But I would still like to know what the hold-up was...
Old 2/9/06, 07:40 PM
V6 Member

Hi all..

Ive been working with Kzinti on Blue Oval Forums... and am posting my info on this site as well.

Im a proud father ..as of last night

Receipt Date: 1/11/2006
Serialize Date: 1/19/2006
Segment Date: 1/19/2006
Sequence Date: 1/24/2006
Blend Date: 1/31/2006
Produced Date: 2/8/2006

SWWAKE.. it looks like you are right behind me.. good luck..

Chris
Old 2/9/06, 07:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 9, 2006, 8:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The day Kzinti says it finally shipped and gives the release and ship dates, I'll move back from pissed to excited! But I would still like to know what the hold-up was...
[/b][/quote]
Dude... sorry you're experiencing this delay. All I can think of is that something may have been installed or built incorrectly into your order. And when pulled off the line to fix, it sort of hangs there untouched. Possibly because of manpower? Parts? Removal/Installation authorizations?

I've read problems that happened on the line from other members here. Read one GT was installed with a V6 badge on the read deck facia. Another had the IUP door sill on the drivers side and a 'regular' sill on the other. There's probably 100's more undocumented things like this that we don't hear about.

You see, the line must continue and that's where the focus is with management. I'm only looking for possibilities and what may have happened with your Mustang.
I work in a pretty large manufacturing facility so I see where the build priority goes.

I guess, just be glad they're holding it at the factory and fixing whatever instead of releasing it to you unfinished (or wrong). Thanks to Mr.K, it'll most likely get addressed quicker, if not already done ... the squeaky wheel gets the oil!
Old 2/10/06, 05:40 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 9, 2006, 10:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I guess, just be glad they're holding it at the factory and fixing whatever instead of releasing it to you unfinished (or wrong). Thanks to Mr.K, it'll most likely get addressed quicker, if not already done ... the squeaky wheel gets the oil![/b][/quote]
I know, I know... It's just that "why me" feeling. I'm definitely not upset that they kept it. I'm upset because I don't know WHY they kept it.

Also, I have a Capital One "Blank Check" loan. I waited to lock in a rate because it is only good for 45 days. I waited awhile after ordering and when I was sure it would be here in under 30 days, I applied for the loan. Well, it expires 2/26 (initially it looked like the car would be delivered 1/26).

This is like a support group for me now... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 06:08 AM
GTR Member

Well, I just called Capital One and they said they can do one extension for an additional 45 days. So I will wait until the 24th or something to extend it. (If I did it now I would lose 2 weeks because it is 45 days from today if I did it now).

So, that's kinda one thing off my mind... Is it possible the car wouldn't get to me until 4/10???
Old 2/10/06, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 10, 2006, 8:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, I just called Capital One and they said they can do one extension for an additional 45 days. So I will wait until the 24th or something to extend it. (If I did it now I would lose 2 weeks because it is 45 days from today if I did it now).

So, that's kinda one thing off my mind... Is it possible the car wouldn't get to me until 4/10???
[/b][/quote]Good think you got your rate locked! I will wager you'll have your car before I do, and that better be before 4/10.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>swwake - Put your dancing shoes on! Happy Birthday! Your pony was born last night! Happy Dance![/b][/quote] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

Bill - we didn't have twins, but it sounds like they were within hours of each other. I bet they were trotting through paint together. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] Congratulations on your newborn!!!

On the financing note, I took a clue from these forums and called the credit union where we have our Excursion financed. Within 3 minutes with a phone app, we are approved at a rate .9% lower than any of the other three offers we've received. More good news - I think I'll take it. (Don't know why I didn't think of the CU before. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] )

I guess one day I'll take the time to add my expected mods (not many yet) to answer someone's earlier question. I'm a CPA, so super busy right now. This BOF tracking is my stress-relief. HA!
Old 2/10/06, 05:16 PM
GTR Member

I'm sure yours will go smoothly. It'll ship like everyone else's, and you'll have yours at your house before mine leaves Flat Rock.

Wow, am I negative, huh? It's just that every single day I get a "hasn't shipped yet" update. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]

It's very hard to be positive, so everybody here will have to be positive for me.
Old 2/10/06, 05:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Susan! We're lookin' good! And congrats to you too! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]

For me, February 10th is a good day and from your BOF post, glad yours wasn't born today!

Now, we must pray to the Rail Gods for a safe journey to Texas and SoCal. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

When are you planning on calling the Analyst for your rail car number?
Old 2/10/06, 05:23 PM
GT Member

Hang in there Tom, I had my GT out today and passed a Performance White GT with the top down today and thought of you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] Hope Kizinti can find out what is holding yours up.
Bill & Susan, Congrats on being new Mommy & Daddy's. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Won't be long and you will get the call to come and get it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 10, 2006, 6:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
When are you planning on calling the Analyst for your rail car number?
[/b][/quote]I think I'll wait a few days.

Rail Gods, heck! I think I'm gonna pray to the Gate Release Gods! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 10:02 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 10, 2006, 8:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Rail Gods, heck! I think I'm gonna pray to the Gate Release Gods! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img][/b][/quote]
Pray to them extra for me...
Old 2/11/06, 12:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey guys !!!
I need some help here. I 'm not getting much info from my dealer about the status of my car. The day I ordered my car I was given a VEHICLE ORDER COFIRMATION SHEET but was told that they would call me if they here anything. Without being a pest ,Is there a way to get ifo without bugging the dealer.
I ordered on <span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">1/18/06</span>. By looking at all the other orders , my car should be built soon. ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS ???????
Old 2/11/06, 05:50 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ February 11, 2006, 2:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey guys !!!
I need some help here. I 'm not getting much info from my dealer about the status of my car. The day I ordered my car I was given a VEHICLE ORDER COFIRMATION SHEET but was told that they would call me if they here anything. Without being a pest ,Is there a way to get ifo without bugging the dealer.
I ordered on <span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">1/18/06</span>. By looking at all the other orders , my car should be built soon. ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS ???????
[/b][/quote]
Did you call the dealer to get your VIN yet? That is the first step. Then go here and ask Kzinti for an update:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...hp?showtopic=4
Old 2/11/06, 07:46 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustangdans @ February 10, 2006, 7:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Hang in there Tom, I had my GT out today and passed a Performance White GT with the top down today and thought of you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] Hope Kizinti can find out what is holding yours up.[/b][/quote]
Maybe they shipped it to Napa Ca by mistake!

And I changed my Avatar... she's my cheerleader until it ships. Then I'll change back to my old one!
Old 2/11/06, 04:51 PM
GTR Member

Susan, I'm REALLY depressed now seeing yours ship the same day it was built!! Not for you... for me.

One of the things I have different is the Crimson Red leather interior... maybe thay had to change a seat or something and can't get a part in.
Old 2/12/06, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 11, 2006, 5:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Susan, I'm REALLY depressed now seeing yours ship the same day it was built!! Not for you... for me.

One of the things I have different is the Crimson Red leather interior... maybe thay had to change a seat or something and can't get a part in.
[/b][/quote]I'm so sorry [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] I really didn't want to post. I had called the ERL yesterday and found out she had shipped already. I am still sitting here crossing my fingers for you. Here's an offer - if you win the bet, you can come drive mine. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/12/06, 01:11 PM
GTR Member

I'm sure I will win... I doubt mine shipped before the 9th.

Yes... keep your fingers crossed. And think my new cheerleader will help? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 2/12/06, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 12, 2006, 2:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm sure I will win... I doubt mine shipped before the 9th.

Yes... keep your fingers crossed. And think my new cheerleader will help? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]She might help. She's cute. Once upon a time I looked a little like that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] 'cept for the japanime eyes. but who's looking?

Where can I get one of those blue oval shirts? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ponies on order