2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/06, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom - I saw you dropping my name over there! haha I still think you'll have your car this week. Just weird how the system isn't updating. Good luck on that!
Old 2/7/06, 07:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah Tom, don't worry, it'll be here before you know it!
Shift your thoughts to what mods you'll be doing first. It's what I'm doing! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/7/06, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Bill - big day tomorrow! I saw a post that someone's car was coming through paint at some incredibly early time in the morning yesterday (if I remember correctly). I wonder how long it takes for labor and delivery?

The only bigger day will be the one when we get to pick up and test drive our cars!
Old 2/7/06, 07:57 AM
GTR Member

I already bought a "Stars & Stripes" horse to replace the chrome one on the nose. Look at my signature to see the one on my 2003. I get a lot of comments on it, so I had to get one for the 2006.

I also bought a K&N air filter already. Just going to change the filter this time. I'm not going to mess with the cold air kit at all.

I think these would be cool. Click to see. Will match the fake gas filler cap and give it that older style look.

And definitely am going to get the Flowmaster exhaust kit after hearing it on my friend's '06.

I hear the '07's are going to get hood scoops and side scoops. The same friend had these put on his '06, and they look great. So... I'm going to have to do that, too.

What are y'all doing to yours?

Here are some pics of his:

I want to get this black piece to go between the tail lights, too. Would go good with the chrome outline kit above.

I want a hood scoop, but I'm not painting the hood black like that.

And the side scoops really look good.

And while I had the camera out, here's an insane shot of the guy cutting down our tree.
Old 2/8/06, 07:32 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 7, 2006, 8:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill - big day tomorrow! I saw a post that someone's car was coming through paint at some incredibly early time in the morning yesterday (if I remember correctly). I wonder how long it takes for labor and delivery?

The only bigger day will be the one when we get to pick up and test drive our cars!
[/b][/quote]
Yup! Hopefully today's the day! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

If in fact they are born today, Feb 8th, they'll be sharing birthdays with James Dean. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 7, 2006, 9:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What are y'all doing to yours?
[/b][/quote]
Well, let's see...
Will be dropping her and inch, by way of Steeda Ultralites.
White racing stripes (vinyl), not sure if I'll go with Baltimore or a custom setup.
FRPP/Borla axle backs.
Tint all around (to get rid of the fishbowl effect)

Can't wait! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 06:16 PM
GTR Member

Hope they both came through today, but he just adds 7 to the blend date to get an idea for the born date. Mine should have been 1/18 (blend was 1/11), but didn't get built until 1/24.

But, then again, I haven't been having much luck... hope yours is better!
Old 2/8/06, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 8, 2006, 8:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hope they both came through today, but he just adds 7 to the blend date to get an idea for the born date. Mine should have been 1/18 (blend was 1/11), but didn't get built until 1/24.[/b][/quote] I thought he just added 7 too, but I think it depends on the production backlog. If you look back at some of the other cars built in 2005, the date between production and blend got to be farther than 7 days apart, if I remember correctly. I haven't looked in awhile.

How long are you going to wait before asking for the ship date check again? Or are you just waiting for the dealer to call Friday when it arrives? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Now THAT's positive thinking!
Old 2/8/06, 06:45 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 8, 2006, 8:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>How long are you going to wait before asking for the ship date check again? Or are you just waiting for the dealer to call Friday when it arrives? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Now THAT's positive thinking![/b][/quote]
I've been PM'ing Kzinti and he said the dealer gets the same info as the "analysts", so it might be more accurate. He told me he emailed the plant to find out exactly when the car left and he said he would tell me what they said this morning. He didn't tell me yet, but either they didn't tell him or he was busy. I said I wouldn't ask again until Friday, but I might put a little something tomorrow morning as a reminder.

I'll put "Guess I'll watch the phone all day" or something like that. Wait, that's not until Friday...

"Positive thinking"? What's that? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 08:33 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>89trooper - I didn't know you were a cheerleader![/b][/quote]
Whatever it takes!
Old 2/9/06, 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Tom - have you checked in with the evilrobotlady lately? I think she will tell you if it has shipped.
Old 2/9/06, 09:08 AM

Susan, I'm just a step behind you at the Blue Oval, hopefully Mr.K will have a pleasant update for us today.

Gettin' close!
Old 2/9/06, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I just noticed a WebElectric banner ad at the top and it was upside down. Weird. Well, they got me to notice. I'll have to check out the sequential tail lights. Good thing I can read upside down!
Old 2/9/06, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

Finally it's in. Just got a call from the dealer and car is there. (pst. I called the erl and talked to a rep today to find out where it was in transit. She informed it was shipped from Chicago yesterday and would arrive at dealer sometime today. - Don't tell anyone) Isn't it nice to have that dealer information??? Well I'm driving about 140 miles today to pick it up. We'll try to post a few pictures by the end of the day.
Old 2/9/06, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Route 66 @ February 9, 2006, 11:34 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well I'm driving about 140 miles today to pick it up. We'll try to post a few pictures by the end of the day.
[/b][/quote]
I bet the drive back will be more fun than the drive up! And which one do you think will be faster? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] for you!! I hope I'm doing the same in about 2 weeks.
Old 2/9/06, 09:52 AM

Just called the ERL, ETA just got pushed back to March 1st! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 10:02 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 9, 2006, 11:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just called the ERL, ETA just got pushed back to March 1st! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Welcome to the club! What was your original ETA?

I called the dealer and asked them to call the VOPC, and he told me that's what they called this morning.
Old 2/9/06, 10:44 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 9, 2006, 11:05 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What was your original ETA?

I called the dealer and asked them to call the VOPC, and he told me that's what they called this morning.
[/b][/quote]
Original ETA was February 23rd. I wonder just how accurate the ERL estimated dates are? Or are they just that, estimates.
Old 2/9/06, 11:27 AM
GTR Member

I took the sequential lights off my 03 to put on my 06 (if I ever get it), but they don't only sequence (they also chase). Here is the difference:

Chase (3 on, 3 off)

Sequence (3 on, all off)

Go to www.meter4it.com (they are more expensive, but worth it!)

Well, now I see there was a mid-year change to the taillights... Great! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>89Trooper - Have a guy at the plant chasing it down as we speak, personally. Will be waiting a reply today hopefully.[/b][/quote]You are getting the special treatment. This is getting a little crazy, huh?

Bill - I think we have a birthday tomorrow!
Old 2/9/06, 04:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 9, 2006, 4:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You are getting the special treatment. This is getting a little crazy, huh?

Bill - I think we have a birthday tomorrow!
[/b][/quote]
Hope so! Or maybe earlier acording to Mr.K (said possibly tonight).

Quick Reply: Ponies on order