2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/06, 03:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 22, 2006, 4:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
There can only be 1 unlucky SOB at a time, right? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]Nope 545 unlucky SOBs. Don't forget the others.

OKC - any update on your car in Armourdale today? I hope they have moved it to another railcar or the railcar to another train.

Bill - nothing from your dealer?
Old 2/22/06, 03:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Susan- Get the call yet? It's quiet on my end..

btw- get your front plate dilema figured out?
Old 2/22/06, 03:51 PM
Bullitt Member

well well well

Chris just called me. The dealer called and told him that the car is still in holding at the railyard. The railyard people (whoever they are) are not sure when it will be released. It just depends on when they have equipment available to truck it.

So we are offered the option to have a driver go down and get it tomorrow and drive it to the dealership. That puts 150 miles on the car and potential road wear-and-tear. I said any road damage would be the dealer's responsibility at this point, since we haven't purchased or taken delivery, but I would hate to have a "repaired" car. I'm not sure I care about the 150 miles, but I also am not in a huge hurry.

Now, the license plate mounting - no solution yet. I can't really find anyone to buy one from (thanks for the links). It seems like everyone builds their own. But I agree with whoever said "the law does not require them to DRILL HOLES in my car!" I talked to one of my employees today and he said his Audi dealer told him it was his option - whether they drill the holes or he mounts it later. He took the latter, and still doesn't have a plate on front. He said he's been pulled over, but not for that. (go figure - I didn't ask).

Oh, what to do?
Old 2/22/06, 04:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 22, 2006, 4:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OKC - any update on your car in Armourdale today? I hope they have moved it to another railcar or the railcar to another train.
[/b][/quote]
Nope no update still shows the same as yesterday. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] My only hope is that it's in a new railcar, and if that is the case I imagine that I would never know the new railcar #.

I need to call my salesman anyway and reittirate that I don't want any dealership stickers on it too, so maybe I will find out more later.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 22, 2006, 4:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So we are offered the option to have a driver go down and get it tomorrow and drive it to the dealership. That puts 150 miles on the car and potential road wear-and-tear.
[/b][/quote]
My answer to that would be absolutely not. I wouldn't want anyone driving my car 10 miles let alone 150 !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

But then again that is just me.
Old 2/22/06, 04:03 PM
GTR Member

Wish I wasn't so good at winning bets.

Holes are one thing, but those dealership stickers come right off... in fact, I love to start peeling them off when I'm still there!
Old 2/22/06, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

sorry, Tom. I saw that post on Cudos.

Everyone's convincing me not to let someone else break in my car on the interstate. If I wait til next weekend, we can build the bracket. Chris will be home at midnight tonight, so we'll change the plan at that time. He has told them if it's not on the truck in the morning, to go get it. I'll have him change it. I'd rather not rush it. I could use the time to work on Saturday anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Tom - see? you may lose the bet with me! Thing is, I am the one in control now, so it's a rigged bet, huh?

Oh yeah, and this would solve the dilemma of convincing my daughter that riding home in the mustang top-down with Mom is much more important than making it to her boyfriend's 13-year birthday party. Where will he be in a few years when she's asking to drive my car???
Old 2/22/06, 04:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 22, 2006, 4:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
well well well

Chris just called me. The dealer called and told him that the car is still in holding at the railyard. The railyard people (whoever they are) are not sure when it will be released. It just depends on when they have equipment available to truck it.

So we are offered the option to have a driver go down and get it tomorrow and drive it to the dealership. That puts 150 miles on the car and potential road wear-and-tear. I said any road damage would be the dealer's responsibility at this point, since we haven't purchased or taken delivery, but I would hate to have a "repaired" car. I'm not sure I care about the 150 miles, but I also am not in a huge hurry.

Now, the license plate mounting - no solution yet. I can't really find anyone to buy one from (thanks for the links). It seems like everyone builds their own. But I agree with whoever said "the law does not require them to DRILL HOLES in my car!" I talked to one of my employees today and he said his Audi dealer told him it was his option - whether they drill the holes or he mounts it later. He took the latter, and still doesn't have a plate on front. He said he's been pulled over, but not for that. (go figure - I didn't ask).

Oh, what to do?
[/b][/quote]
If it were me, I would wait for the convoy truck. Can't imagine all the cars sitting there for too much longer.
And I feel the same way about potential road hazards/debris. True, it's their resposibility, but I don't like the idea of touch-up paint applied in an attempt to hide tiny rock chips on a new vehicle. If anyone puts chips in the paint, gosh darn it, it'll be me!

You might have a good argument case against the dealer about not putting the paper dealer ad plate on the front. If buying a used vehicle off the lot, I can see that they must comply with the local DMV codes. But on a new vehicle, no plates have been issued yet, thus the DMV requirement won't apply until such vehicle has its plates issued. I would try and tell them that you'll drill the holes and install the plate yourself when they come in. Of course, it won't be your fault if you 'misplace' one of the plates. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 22, 2006, 5:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
.. I could use the time to work on Saturday anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Yeah Susan, you wouldn't have a backlog if you would've stayed off the TMS Forum during the week! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

...joking [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] ... I do the same. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm going to fight the good fight on the drill holes. We'll talk to them again tomorrow.

I asked Chris. He wants to put on a "Borla" exhaust system. I plead ignorance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 22, 2006, 5:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah Susan, you wouldn't have a backlog if you would've stayed off the TMS Forum during the week! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]How else was I going to get my GT Status? Besides, I need this little diversion (er obsession) to get my mind off reviewing audits and tax returns.
Old 2/22/06, 04:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well just got confirmation from Kzinti that my railcar is in need of repair [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] and he said it would be siderailed until it can be fixed [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

I knew things were going too well [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
And add me to the unlucky SOB list even though it shouldn't be near as bad as you guys.
Of all the railcars to break [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Bill - looks like you're next on the list of delay notifications. Let's cross our fingers I lose THIS bet.
Old 2/22/06, 04:54 PM
GTR Member

If I call that automated number and don't ask for an analyst, will it update when the car leaves the building? I called it again today and it still says ETA week of 2/10. If that would change it would make me happy, temporarily.
Old 2/22/06, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

the ERL told me first that the car had been shipped via convoy, then two days later that it had been shipped via rail carrier. She never said anything about gate release.

Maybe if we would call her the VNRL...

OKC, didn't you have that figured out already - that the railcar needed repair?
Old 2/22/06, 05:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 22, 2006, 6:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
the ERL told me first that the car had been shipped via convoy, then two days later that it had been shipped via rail carrier. She never said anything about gate release.[/b][/quote]
Same here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 22, 2006, 6:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OKC, didn't you have that figured out already - that the railcar needed repair?
[/b][/quote]
Well yes, I just wanted Kzinti to verify that "Bad Order" meant that it needed repair. But he also clarified that it would be siderailed till repaired, not hooked to another train.
Old 2/22/06, 05:26 PM
GTR Member

What do you mean by ERL? I call that 1-800 number and press 1 (no analyist). I just have to say my dealer ID, body style, and order # and it gives me an update (not really an update, since it keeps saying the same thing... "vehicle production 1/24, ETA week of 2/10".
Old 2/22/06, 05:26 PM
GTR Member

What do you mean by ERL? I call that 1-800 number and press 1 (no analyist). I just have to say my dealer ID, body style, and order # and it gives me an update (not really an update, since it keeps saying the same thing... "vehicle production 1/24, ETA week of 2/10").
Old 2/22/06, 05:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 22, 2006, 6:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What do you mean by ERL? I call that 1-800 number and press 1 (no analyist). I just have to say my dealer ID, body style, and order # and it gives me an update (not really an update, since it keeps saying the same thing... "vehicle production 1/24, ETA week of 2/10").
[/b][/quote]

ERL is the 1-800# ERl = Evil Robot Lady [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 08:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 22, 2006, 5:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill - looks like you're next on the list of delay notifications. Let's cross our fingers I lose THIS bet.
[/b][/quote]
Susan - Just recieved an e-mail from my dealer a little while ago. She said that they just recieved notice that it's at Hadley (Mira Loma) and I'm guessing it's waiting to be loaded or has loaded on a convoy carrier. It's close, very close!

"..next on the list of delay notifications." Hey, don't jinx me now!
Old 2/22/06, 10:03 PM
GTR Member

I just went back and read through the beginning of this thread. You can see the slow but steady decline in my attitude from 1/26 to 2/23...

I hope to be more upbeat soon!!!
Old 2/22/06, 10:20 PM
GTR Member

My Ford girl was rotten luck... let's see of these girls can do any better!
Old 2/23/06, 07:13 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 22, 2006, 11:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My Ford girl was rotten luck... let's see of these girls can do any better!
[/b][/quote]
Tom- Nice pic! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/photo.gif[/img] daughters, nieces, local Girl Scout troop?

And yes, I do think these girls will do better for your luck!

I retouched your photo a bit (took out the red eyes) and converted to jpg.

Quick Reply: Ponies on order