2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/06, 02:18 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guess there will be an update soon. He just answered my PM and said he sent off to the plant for some info. He also said since it's such a high number it could be a supply issue. Either not having a part or having a bad part and they need to hold the cars for a replacement.

So, I guess I just have to wait and see. Like he has said in the past, AAI has a great team in place, and will get them done efficiently and properly.
Old 2/2/06, 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

OK that reminds me. I have a question and I hope I don't sound stupid. When you look at Ford's VIN guide (https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp), it says the 11th digit is the assembly plant. Well, Flat Rock is listed as "T", while our VINs list "5". Also, the manufacturer is identified at positions 1, 2 and 3, and they list Ford as "F". However, the AAI manufacturer code is our "1ZV". Ok, now to my question, which I feel is a stupid one. Why AAI? What is AAI and how are they related to Ford? Why are they treated as a different manufacturer than Ford? (Can you tell I have spent too much time on this?)
Old 2/2/06, 03:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
(I'm spending too much time here too!!!)

1ZV - Built in US by AAI
H (or F) - H = Active belts (all positions) and front and side air bags (driver and passenger), F = Active belts (all positions) and front air bags (driver and passenger)
T - All passenger vehicles imported from outside North America or non-Ford build passenger vehicle marketed by Ford in North America
82 (or 80) - 82 = GT coupe, 80 = V6 coupe
H (or N) - H = 4.6L V8, N = 4.0L V6
? - VIN check digit (calculated by the standard automotive formula)
5 - Model Year 2005
5 (PLT column on dealer order bank screen) - AAI: Flat Rock, Michigan
?????? - 6-digit consecutive unit number (starts with 100,001)

http://www.analogx.com/contents/vinview.htm
Old 2/2/06, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

According to Kzinti, my car should be produced next Wed!! Dealer says arrival week of 2/23. Seems fast for a train, but I'll take it. How exciting!

Now Bill - you need to get your update! Our ponies may be sisters!
Old 2/2/06, 03:35 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 2, 2006, 4:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
According to Kzinti, my car should be produced next Wed!! Dealer says arrival week of 2/23. Seems fast for a train, but I'll take it. How exciting!

Now Bill - you need to get your update! Our ponies may be sisters!
[/b][/quote]
Very cool! I'll wait until the 4th to get the update from Mr.K. That way, hopefully, he'll have the window sticker too! (read that it's available 2 days after blend).
Old 2/2/06, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 2, 2006, 5:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Very cool! I'll wait until the 4th to get the update from Mr.K. That way, hopefully, he'll have the window sticker too! (read that it's available 2 days after blend).
[/b][/quote]
He gave me my sticker today!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 03:50 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 2, 2006, 4:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
He gave me my sticker today!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Lucky!!!!

I just put a request in with Mr.K.

Lookin' over your window sticker... 5-speed manual, I'm impressed! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 03:56 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 2, 2006, 5:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Lookin' over your window sticker... 5-speed manual, I'm impressed! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]Just like my '89 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Wouldn't have it any other way.

The Shaker 500 (downgrade from 1000) and dark IUP were last minute additions - so glad they made it in! We will upgrade the stereo ourselves. Also, new wheels and tires to come!
Old 2/2/06, 08:01 PM
GTR Member

Susan - Glad to hear you have a blend date and a PDF sticker!

Maybe mine will be shipped soon after all... I don't mind waiting even 2 extra weeks if it was just a Quality Control issue. Would love to have the car double checked just for the heck of it!

You'll have to tell me how easy/hard it is to put on the boot cover. I was playing around with the one in the showroom and it looks pretty tough, but might get easier with practice. I'll order one later if you say it's pretty easy.

And I'm glad they don't charge us for our roofs.
Old 2/2/06, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 2, 2006, 10:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You'll have to tell me how easy/hard it is to put on the boot cover. I was playing around with the one in the showroom and it looks pretty tough, but might get easier with practice. I'll order one later if you say it's pretty easy.

And I'm glad they don't charge us for our roofs.
[/b][/quote]I had a boot for my '89, but I'm sure they're different now. It was pretty easy to install back then. I am hoping that with Austin's beautiful weather, and with the garage just outside my office, I'll be able to leave the top down often. I found the boot handy way back when, so thought we'd order it this time too. I'll let you know.
Old 2/3/06, 12:44 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 2, 2006, 10:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I had a boot for my '89, but I'm sure they're different now. It was pretty easy to install back then. I am hoping that with Austin's beautiful weather, and with the garage just outside my office, I'll be able to leave the top down often. I found the boot handy way back when, so thought we'd order it this time too. I'll let you know.
[/b][/quote]

Hey swwake, thanks for the invite over here while I wait for my new toy! I just checked for an update from Kzinti at BOF and he said that it looks like my GT will go into build in two weeks, ship the week after that and be delevered to Atlanta right at the end of Feb! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Can't wait for my 06 GT Premium, Vista Blue, IUP, 18" Fanblades. This is going to be a looooooong month.

Already have planned, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, C&L CAI with Tune, and either Borla or Flowmaster Cat-Backs!

1ZVFT82H665205835

Receipt Date: 1/25/2006
Serialize Date: 1/26/2006
Segment Date: 1/26/2006
Sequence Date: 2/1/2006
Blend Date:
Produced Date:
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:
Old 2/3/06, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Bill - I was right - we are going to have sisters!!! Our build date is next Wednesday! (must be the day they pull out the torch red paint) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 08:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 3, 2006, 5:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill - I was right - we are going to have sisters!!! Our build date is next Wednesday! (must be the day they pull out the torch red paint) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Hey Susan! You're right, looks like February the 8th will be the birthday of our Ponies! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

Funny, I've had new cars before, but nothing like this experience. Who would've thought I'd be able track my pony through the order process, build cycle, and delivery?? Even obtaining a window sticker before it's born (and may I say, will look pretty cool in a frame!)? The power of the internet! I luv it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 11:10 PM
GT Member

Susan & Bill,
The excitment is going to get better as your delevery date get closer. It was so cool when I got my window sticker, my wife told me I was driving our friends nuts showing mine off and guess what? I didn't care! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] We have really enjoyed [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eclipsee_steering.gif[/img] our new Mustang and I know you two will too! I would like to send Kzinti a nice bottle of Napa Valley Wine for making so many Mustang fanatics happy.
Old 2/4/06, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustangdans @ February 4, 2006, 1:13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I would like to send Kzinti a nice bottle of Napa Valley Wine for making so many Mustang fanatics happy.
[/b][/quote]That is a very cool gesture. Speaking of Mr. K, does anyone know exactly his role? I know he works for Ford. Is posting the build status part of his job description, or does he just do that to be nice? I can't imagine anyone would have that kind of time on their hands. Either way, he is providing an amazing service.
Old 2/4/06, 09:05 AM
GT Member

Susan,
I don't know Kzinti's role at Ford, I think he works in Kansas City. He does not get paid for helping us, in fact he gets some heat from the management and Unions for doing it. He believes that a happy customer will buy Fords and keep him working. A while back his granddaughter had to have surgery and you should have seen the outpouring of well wishers that came his way. Just a small payback from us.
Today is Sat, another day closer to your delivery Day! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 08:10 PM
GTR Member

I don't know... this is getting a little disheartening.
Old 2/5/06, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 4, 2006, 10:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I don't know... this is getting a little disheartening.
[/b][/quote]Tom - it probably already shipped. He just keeps saying "no shipping updates in the system". Do you think there is any other way to find out?
Old 2/5/06, 03:06 PM
GTR Member

Tomorrow, I'm going to ask for another update sometime in the morning (even though he seems to be giving me updates now whether I ask or not). I guess my car is his current "thorn in the side".

I'm also going to call the dealer and ask for an update. I'll ask him to call the "analyst" to get shipping info.

Between the two, hopefully I'll find SOMETHING out. It's the not knowing that's the hardest.

Watch for my entry on Blue Oval tomorrow... you'll be in it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 06:54 AM
GTR Member

Well, I called the dealer. He says ETA was bumped from 2/11 to 2/10. He says they get a print out every morning with updates (maybe the same thing Kzinti looks at?) and he said he'll call if he gets anything new this morning.

IF that is correct, I guess it did ship... unless they are going to strap it to a jet and fly it here.

I'm REALLY hoping that Kzinti has dates today... I would feel so elated! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ponies on order