2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/06, 01:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 14, 2006, 2:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Tom, the fact that Bill's car is sitting at the railyard makes me wonder if your dealer is correct. Although maybe there is a railcar shortage now, there must not have been before last Thursday. They didn't seem to have a problem putting mine on the train. Y'all make me feel really bad. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Why don't we just all drive up there and grab these cars??
[/b][/quote]
Actually Susan, I believe she has left Flat Rock. I called the ERL lastnight and got the 'shipped via convoy' message dated 2/9. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

The ERL is confused and she not always gives up to date information. I have a request in to Mr.K on the actual shipping date.
Old 2/14/06, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 14, 2006, 2:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The ERL is confused
[/b][/quote]Ain't that the truth!! But what would we do without her?
Old 2/14/06, 01:31 PM

Okay, now I'm confused. Mr.K just replied saying, "Still no further shipping update..."

Somebody doesn't have the latest 411 here... either Mr.K or our friend, the ERL. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Mr.K says no ship yet, ERL says it's gone!

I vote for the ERL! hope she's right. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 04:34 PM
GTR Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] I [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] need [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] to [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] do [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] a [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] bunch [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] of [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] praying [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] to [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] get [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] mine [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] to [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] ship. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 08:50 PM

Okay, here's the latest...
My salesperson informed me that my Mustang was shipped via Convoy - not rail.

Can't track it, but was told it's 2 to 5 days quicker, possibly arriving to my dealership before my original ETA. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I've read of another member's Mustang being shipped by truck instead of rail to the west coast, but I never thought it be me too.

The information flowing to me is a bit confusing, but I think it's going to work out.
Old 2/14/06, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headspin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fam24.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hyper.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nixon.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rock_band.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/woot.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headbob.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheerleader.gif[/img]
Now if we could just cheer for Tom's 'vert. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 09:27 PM

I agree, Susan... we need to pull for Tom! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headbang.gif[/img]

Tom, Once someone at the factory get's their head out of their [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/censored.gif[/img] , she'll fly outta the Gate and get to by Rail, convoy truck or pulled by donkeys.

It's hard, but keep the faith.
Old 2/14/06, 09:39 PM
Cobra Member

I havn't even gotten to order my 07 GT yet, but I'm still way to excited! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 10:22 PM
GTR Member

Yes... keep pulling for me! Don't forget about me when you get your cars...

Kzinti sent me the following PM today:

"I'll send them over some more emails on Wednesday, and a couple of phone calls Thursday if I don't hear anything."

I sent back to him:

"Do you really have to wait until Thursday? "
Old 2/15/06, 12:30 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustangfreak @ February 14, 2006, 11:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I havn't even gotten to order my 07 GT yet, but I'm still way to excited! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Maybe I'll cancel mine and wait to get an '07. I think you can start '07 orders in March, then it will be here by September. Might get it faster than the one I have on order now! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 03:56 PM

Thought she would Convoy it all the way ,but looks like she jumped on a train. Probably will ride the rails all the way to CA, then back onto a Convoy carrier. As long as she's heading West, I'm not complaining!

Tom- Despite all the cheering and hope, I'd be tempted to do the same. But this about you; a true test of your patience. And can only be descibed as uncomplaining endurance of evils or wrongs, as toil, pain, poverty, insult, oppression, and calamity.
Old 2/15/06, 05:33 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 15, 2006, 1:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Maybe I'll cancel mine and wait to get an '07. I think you can start '07 orders in March, then it will be here by September. Might get it faster than the one I have on order now! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Oh I won't get it in Septmber. I'll get it in Aug of 2007 when I return to the states [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 05:45 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 15, 2006, 5:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Tom- Despite all the cheering and hope, I'd be tempted to do the same.[/b][/quote]
All of my comments here (and at BOF) are just to make light of the situation. I am upset... because I would love to be tracking my car to Florida right now, but if I have to wait, I have to wait.
Old 2/15/06, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Thanks for the link, and for the help. Already registered and submitted my VIN. Only got the VIN tonight, with a expected delivery date of March 3rd! Every time I call, the delivery date gets sooner and sooner! Just over two weeks, can't wait. Now to figure out what to do with my old car...
Old 2/15/06, 10:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can some one explain the list of the order process. blend date and so on????
Old 2/16/06, 07:17 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ February 15, 2006, 11:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Can some one explain the list of the order process. blend date and so on????
[/b][/quote]
How the scheduling, production and shipping goes for a new vehicle?

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order
When the order is received from the dealers (You give the dealer a deposit and they put the order into the order bank.)

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created
When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built
When they figure (roughly) that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built
When they figure the exact day that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day
When they figure the order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle
Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping
Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant
Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle
Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle
You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers
Old 2/16/06, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Bill, are you tracking your railcar? Mine sometimes sits, even overnight, at mixing centers, but it crossed the TX border this morning and seems to be moving about 70mph through North Texas headed to Fort Worth. I don't know how it is going to be Monday before it reaches the dealership in East Texas. Sure is moving quickly.

Either way, I can't pick it up until next Saturday, the 25th. A girl's gotta work! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/16/06, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Bill for the info !!!
I ordered my car 2 days after you did <span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">1/18/06</span> Priority 10
yet,I still have NO info from my dealer. They said that they will call me when they hear something.
I should have a VIN# by now right? i just want to get some opinions before I go back up to the dealer and bug them again.
It would be nice to know when the car is coming. I'm stashing away a bigger down payment but yet I would like to eat a little and stop stashing sooo agressively if the car is not on its way!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
I think my dealer is being lazy and not giving me the info.
Old 2/16/06, 09:54 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ February 16, 2006, 11:29 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I should have a VIN# by now right?[/b][/quote]
Yes, you should have the VIN. Call them to get that so you can have Kzinti give you an update. My car was given a VIN 2 days after I ordered it. I got it from the dealer about a week later (that's when I found out about Kzinti).

You need to join in on the praying to the Gate Release gods for me... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 2/16/06, 10:46 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 16, 2006, 9:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill, are you tracking your railcar? Mine sometimes sits, even overnight, at mixing centers, but it crossed the TX border this morning and seems to be moving about 70mph through North Texas headed to Fort Worth. I don't know how it is going to be Monday before it reaches the dealership in East Texas. Sure is moving quickly.

Either way, I can't pick it up until next Saturday, the 25th. A girl's gotta work! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Still waiting word from my salesperson to give me a railcar number? Would attempt to call the Analyst myself, but I don't think it'll fly being I don't sound like a girl!
It does sound like it started by Convoy, then rail (currently), then back onto Convoy for the last leg of the journey. Funny thing is Mr.K said he still shows no shipping info! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Your railcar sounds like it's flyin'! Hopefully it'll stop before running through your state into Mexico or the gulf!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ February 16, 2006, 10:29 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks Bill for the info !!!
I ordered my car 2 days after you did <span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">1/18/06</span> Priority 10
yet,I still have NO info from my dealer. They said that they will call me when they hear something.
I should have a VIN# by now right? i just want to get some opinions before I go back up to the dealer and bug them again.
It would be nice to know when the car is coming. I'm stashing away a bigger down payment but yet I would like to eat a little and stop stashing sooo agressively if the car is not on its way!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
I think my dealer is being lazy and not giving me the info.
[/b][/quote]
Priority 10 doesn't mean too much (only within it's own order bank). It's boils down to Dealer allocation.
My Dealer moves Mustangs pretty good, thus things are moving rather quickly for me. Some others on this Board aren't so fortunate (wait times of 6+ months are not uncommon).

Call your salesperson and get a DORA faxed to you, that's step 1. It'll verify that Ford has received your order from the Dealership. Once you get the DORA, it'll have all the info you need to call the ERL. You won't have a VIN# until you're past the 'clean and unscheduled' message.

Quick Reply: Ponies on order