2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/06, 10:26 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Red! I'll just hold my breath! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] LOL
Old 2/26/06, 05:39 PM

Wonder if that is where that great shade of Vista Blue came from.....?
Old 2/26/06, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi y'all. Well I can say that I'm really having alot of fun. Today it was beautiful outside. I got up this morning, washed the car, put the top down, and headed out toward the lake to the house we're building. Then I went to work [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

I was so paranoid that someone would mess with my car in the garage. I worked a couple of hours and brought a bunch of stuff home with me. Sure is fun to drive! And it's definitely a head-turner. I will try to post some pics in a gallery or something.

I am not leaving this thread until Tom and OKC get their cars. Here to support y'all!
Old 2/27/06, 08:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 25, 2006, 7:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The car was pretty much issue free, but I noticed a few things and have some questions:

The trunk lid had some imperfections in the paint. Looks like some particles got in under the base or clear coat. I condidered handling it myself, but then thought twice because I don't want to mess something up when it should be covered by warranty anyway. Good plan to run it by the local dealer body shop?

The rear seat back is kind of twisted. There is a gap between the back of the seat back and the sheet metal top pan. I checked it out and it looks like the little metal bracket that holds the seat back to the body pan is bent. I want to take the seat back out and compress the clip. Is the seat attached in the typical way (seat bottom comes out, then seat back has screws or clips at bottom edge that you have to release to lift seat back up so clips release)?

Pasenger side window will not stop at full up when using the auto-up and RH 1/4 window is down. It kind of acts like the window thinks that something is blocking it and it automatically retreats to the "safe open" position. Electronic fault?

Shifting seems notchy (grabby, awkward to engage). Is that typical for a new gearbox? Does it smooth out over time, or have some of you tried different lube to smooth it out?
[/b][/quote]
I'm still here too pulling for Tom, OKC and the rest! We were in your shoes just a few days ago, so we know how you guys feel. Hang in there!

Susan-
Paint: Just got through putting two coats of Zaino on the paint so I had a good chance to examine the quality. I found none of what Chris described anywhere on the car. Hopefully, the spots are on the surface and can be removed safely by clay bar. I would maybe get an opinion of a professional detailer before seeking an auto body guy.

back seat: That sounds like a wierd one. I haven't really closely looked at my back seats, but nothing really 'pops' out at me. Had my son and niece ride in the back yesterday, no issues with rocking or seatbelts.

windows: When either of my doors open, the window automatically goes down maybe a 1/4", then goes fully up upon closing the door. Think it has do to with ease of closing (no inside pressure).
Only used the 'express down' once for my side, worked okay. Haven't tried the 'up' yet... sounds like I should check it. Wonder if yours has to do with some vert safety feature(?).

shifting: So far, mine shifts exactly like another 06 I test drove last month. It does feel a bit 'notchy', but I think this is normal. More feels like a 'positive gate' shifty feel, you know, if it ain't lined up, it ain't goin' in!
Definately not silky smooth like a Honda, but it feels good to me.

I posted some pics of our first Zaino job on my other thread. click here
Old 2/27/06, 10:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 26, 2006, 6:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am not leaving this thread until Tom and OKC get their cars. Here to support y'all!
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 27, 2006, 9:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm still here too pulling for Tom, OKC and the rest! We were in your shoes just a few days ago, so we know how you guys feel. Hang in there!
[/b][/quote]
We appreciate the support.
Is this AA support group? Arrival Anticipation [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS ?? Did Kzinti update your status as soon as it changed. My car should be born today.
Thanks
Old 2/27/06, 12:15 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ February 27, 2006, 1:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS ?? Did Kzinti update your status as soon as it changed. My car should be born today.
Thanks
[/b][/quote]Unless you are special (like Tom), you have to put in a request each day that you want him to update you. He's such a great guy. I really appreciate all that he does for us. I need to go over there and post pictures and get the final dates to fill in.
Old 2/27/06, 03:48 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 27, 2006, 2:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Unless you are special (like Tom)...[/b][/quote]Cool... I'm special. I need to see those dates first, though, before I celebrate. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/popcorn2.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 27, 2006, 4:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Cool... I'm special. I need to see those dates first, though, before I celebrate. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/popcorn2.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Sounds like you might be getting your baby pretty soon, according to Kzinti. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 07:02 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ February 27, 2006, 7:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Sounds like you might be getting your baby pretty soon, according to Kzinti. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img][/b][/quote]
That's what I mean... he says he was told it shipped, but I'll feel alot better seeing release and ship dates.

Here's hopin'! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] And that yours gets moving soon, too!
Old 2/27/06, 07:54 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 27, 2006, 8:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's what I mean... he says he was told it shipped, but I'll feel alot better seeing release and ship dates.

Here's hopin'! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] And that yours gets moving soon, too!
[/b][/quote]
Tom- Best bet might be to get a hold on an Analyst and see if they'll tell you if your GT has shipped via Convoy or railcar.
Mr.K didn't show any ship dates on his system for my car until my railcar was near the west coast. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Strange, I know. It's obvious, there's different tracking systems and not all get updated at the same time.
Old 2/27/06, 10:18 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 27, 2006, 9:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Tom- Best bet might be to get a hold on an Analyst and see if they'll tell you if your GT has shipped via Convoy or railcar.
Mr.K didn't show any ship dates on his system for my car until my railcar was near the west coast. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Strange, I know. It's obvious, there's different tracking systems and not all get updated at the same time.
[/b][/quote]

I'm afraid to call the Analyst! I dialed today and had to hang up because I got nervous... I know, I'm a wuss!
Old 2/27/06, 10:59 PM
GTR Member

Bill - Really? Yours was built on 2/10... on what date did he tell you it shipped? Susan's was built on 2/9... I think she was told on 2/11.
Old 2/28/06, 05:53 AM
GTR Member

Holy cow, holy cow, holy cow, holy cow... it definitely shipped!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

The ERL said this morning:

"As of 2/25/06, your vehicle has shipped via convoy with an ETA of week 3/12/06."

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dancedood.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 06:35 AM
GT Member

Tom,
A few dancing bannana's for you,
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nanadance.gif[/img]
more when you take delevery! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 06:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 28, 2006, 6:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The ERL said this morning:

"As of 2/25/06, your vehicle has shipped via convoy with an ETA of week 3/12/06."
[/b][/quote]
CONGRATS-Tom! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Mine said that as well. Give it a day or two and call back, see if it says it has been shipped via rail carrier. I think the convoy is only to the railyard. Could be wrong here, but seems like that is how it worked for me.
Just hope and pray yours doesn't get placed on a defective railcar [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 07:58 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 28, 2006, 6:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Holy cow, holy cow, holy cow, holy cow... it definitely shipped!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Great news, Tom! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hyper.gif[/img]

You see, no matter how bad things look, there's always hope.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 28, 2006, 12:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill - Really? Yours was built on 2/10... on what date did he tell you it shipped?
[/b][/quote]
Mr.K never really did give me a ship date. His system always said, 'No info available' even though I knew it was long gone from the factory. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Only when it was on its last leg of the journey did it pop up in his system.
Old 2/28/06, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ February 27, 2006, 11:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm afraid to call the Analyst! I dialed today and had to hang up because I got nervous... I know, I'm a wuss!
[/b][/quote]Aren't we all? I don't know why we're so scared of the Analyst. What's the worst they can do? Say "I'm sorry, I can't help you. Your dealer will have to call."

I am sooooooooooo excited for you, Tom. Finally, finally finally. Now we can track your railcar! (well, soon anyway)
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fam24.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fam24.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheerleader.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheerleader.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fam24.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fam24.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheerleader.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headbob.gif[/img]

The ERL first said mine shipped via convoy on 2/9 (the day it was built), then switched on the 13th to say that it was shipped via rail carrier on 2/11. I do think it goes convoy to the railyard. Also, I think maybe it takes 2 days to get there - but why?

I got in after 10pm last night, so didn't get a chance to measure my wheel wells yet, Tom, but it's on my agenda.

This morning it's sunny and 69 so I drove in with the top down. I get to work 5 minutes faster now (go figure), but then I have to spend 5 minutes putting the top up and fixin' my hair. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

So Bill, you won't get yours out til the weekend again?

OKC and Muzzy, what's the latest for you? How about Red and Shantel? Dale?
Old 2/28/06, 09:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Still the same; in Bad Order Placement. Waiting for repairs.
This sux, listen to the 7-day weather report for here.
Today = 81ยบ
Wed = 84ยบ
Thur = 63ยบ
Fri = 57ยบ
Sat = 65ยบ
Sun = 64ยบ
Mon = 65ยบ
And it's Feb/Mar. Why oh why can't I have my car [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Not too mention Spring Break is right around the corner (3-13/3-17) and I want my car by then. Taking son to G-mas, 3hr trip and I want the car for it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 09:46 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ February 28, 2006, 10:09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So Bill, you won't get yours out til the weekend again?
[/b][/quote]
Yup. Weather here in SoCal is ugly. Started raining yesterday and into today, and possibly once more toward the end of the week.
I still have my Tacoma that I use as a daily, so the GT is laying low in the garage.

If I didn't have my Taco (as in TacoBill, get it?), I'd be running her through the paces each and every day, just like I did with my prior 3 Stangs!

So is she a 'Garage Queen'? Yes, but that may change. For now, all hail the Queen! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ponies on order