2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/06, 11:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 24, 2006, 7:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just recieved some 'hot off the press' pics from my salesperson...

And now for your viewing pleasure...
[/b][/quote]
CONGRATS !! That car looks awsome !!! VERY VERY NICE !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ February 24, 2006, 3:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I want my GT, NOW !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I think he is saying "Oh my GOD !! Did you see that new mustang just drive by?"
Old 2/24/06, 11:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kzinti says my car might be built on monday!!!! Hmmm a Monday build. Sunday is a good rest day or is it a good drinking day ?
OK Now I'm worried !!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 12:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">AND A BIG THANK YOU TO KZINTI </span> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hyper.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 08:30 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ February 25, 2006, 12:31 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
They be P235/50ZR18[/b][/quote]
Still wonder why they went from 245/45ZR17 to 235/55ZR17... such a strange size. Let's see, my tire height is 27.17" and yours is 27.25". So that's pretty close. I was wondering if the 18's would fill the wheel well more, but I guess not... yours will look better with more rim and less side wall. I guess they couldn't change the tire height by much or the speedo would be off depending on which rim option we got. Looks good! Can't wait to take pics of mine!
Old 2/25/06, 09:33 AM
GT Member

Bill, Torch Red looks hot with those polished bullets! Yours is the first one I have seen. Lots of eye candy, that car will turn some heads. Enjoy and give her a good break-in then Smoke Em [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

I have Sirius also and love the Vault, Jam on, and AltNation. The FM modulator sucks though. I was hoping Ford would come out with an adapter for direct connection. The PIE adapter is pricey but I might go for it so I can crank up the Shaker 1000 and get better sound. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 01:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well I checked on my rail car and it actually changed from Bad Order, it now reads Bad Order Placement.

WTH Does that mean ????? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

ANd it is now in EIGHTENST, KS ?? What is that Eighteenth Street ? lol jeesh
Old 2/25/06, 02:01 PM
GTR Member

Waiting for Susan's pics! And now I should be a GT Member!
Old 2/25/06, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats Tom! GT Member now!

I'm back. Rainy day. We had a fun trip. I'm going to download some pics from my camera and Chris is going to resize and post them. He has a few questions for y'all or maybe some others who have had their cars longer.

Oh, yeah...and I LOVE MY CAR!!!! Katie and I had a blast today driving it home, even though the weather wasn't on our side.
Old 2/25/06, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi all,

Chris - Susan's husband here. Here are some photos of today's pick up:

Chris
Old 2/25/06, 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Chris here again.

I'll add some better pics after we get some sun around here. Tomorrow?

The car was pretty much issue free, but I noticed a few things and have some questions:

The trunk lid had some imperfections in the paint. Looks like some particles got in under the base or clear coat. I condidered handling it myself, but then thought twice because I don't want to mess something up when it should be covered by warranty anyway. Good plan to run it by the local dealer body shop?

The rear seat back is kind of twisted. There is a gap between the back of the seat back and the sheet metal top pan. I checked it out and it looks like the little metal bracket that holds the seat back to the body pan is bent. I want to take the seat back out and compress the clip. Is the seat attached in the typical way (seat bottom comes out, then seat back has screws or clips at bottom edge that you have to release to lift seat back up so clips release)?

Pasenger side window will not stop at full up when using the auto-up and RH 1/4 window is down. It kind of acts like the window thinks that something is blocking it and it automatically retreats to the "safe open" position. Electronic fault?

Shifting seems notchy (grabby, awkward to engage). Is that typical for a new gearbox? Does it smooth out over time, or have some of you tried different lube to smooth it out?

That's about it for now. Looking forward to some sunny drive and checkout time for more.

Later!

Chris
Old 2/25/06, 07:37 PM
GTR Member

The only thing I can answer (so far) is about the shifting. I've driven my friend's 06 GT and it shifts very smoothly (He's only had it about 2 months now). You shouldn't have to be messing with changing the lubricant. I would have them look at it when you take it in to show them the decklid. IF mine ever ships, I can take a look at the rear seat back.
Old 2/25/06, 08:23 PM

Congrats Chris and Susan! She looks great! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Stay on the dealer of choice with the waranty issues and good luck with the new ride.

Sea ya,
Red & Shantel
Old 2/25/06, 10:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
It's home!

Check out my thread here!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headspin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hyper.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/woot.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 10:24 PM
GTR Member

Now there is one home on the West Coast... and in the middle of the country... now we just need one to come home to the East Coast.

I added to your other post, too!
Old 2/26/06, 02:02 AM

Way to go Susan !!! Congrats on finally getting your car !! Looking good !

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/26/06, 05:38 AM

Alright Bill! Congrats! I am still trying to decide who has a the biggest grin going... Love the odo shot too lol As for the first coast arrivals...we are patiently waiting. Unlike some though we don't have agarage to fill up with after market parts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] Now ya'll will have to find a new home sine your pony on order has arrived!
Sea ya
Old 2/26/06, 06:58 AM
GT Member

Congratulations Bill & Susan! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fam24.gif[/img]
It has been fun following your posts while waiting for your Mustangs. The passion you are showing is one of the reasons the Mustang has been around for 42 years. I still get excited when I drive any of our Mustangs. Our '69 Fastback still gets my blood racing and the new GT pumps it up even more. These new Mustangs are just AWESOME! Your Mustangs are beautiful and with spring just around the corner you are going to enjoy them even more.
I don't what to say to Tom, I think the only thing he wants to hear that his has shipped. Sorry Tom, I know Kzinti is getting frustrated to. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] I bet your Mustang will be perfect when it gets here. You know we are all pulling for you!
Dan
Old 2/26/06, 08:30 AM
GT Member

Hello all! My car was produced 2/23 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] . I live just east of Cincy OH, you all seem to be now experts on the shipping area. How long do you think it will take to get there from Michigan? I am so excited, the automated number says ETA dealer week of 3/5. I can't see it taking that long from Michigan to south west Ohio. Congrats to all new deliveries and those waiting, be patient for me as well!
Old 2/26/06, 08:37 AM
GTR Member

Thanks for all the support. Kzinti is definitely going that extra mile for me... even the dealer is very frustrated.
Old 2/26/06, 09:55 AM

Welcome Dale. We have the same delivery date with a production date od 02/17. There is a method to the madness.......I'm jsut not sure what it is. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Hang in there!
Sea ya,

just too

Quick Reply: Ponies on order