Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/20, 07:22 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,315 Likes on 1,726 Posts
Watching the Global Citizen show on NBC. Sir ELTON John, Eddie Vedder and The Rolling Stones rocked it out!
Old 5/2/20, 08:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Nothing better to start your day like a 5.5 quake can.
Old 5/6/20, 10:38 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Do any of you guys have/had/tried the YouTube TV? I'd like some feedback good and bad but just honest. Do you get your local news casts using this service. I'm looking at $49.99 per month plus I'm assuming taxes on top. Curious what people have/had paid. Thanks in advance!
Old 5/6/20, 11:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
That's what we paid.

Pretty happy with it after cutting the cord. It is slower to load than other apps when switching between apps but not a big deal to us.

Downsides:

Biggest is it does not remember where you stopped watching something in the library (DVR). So better watch 'till the end or make a note where you left off if planning to finish another time or even accidentally stop watching (pushed wrong button, power failure, etc.)

Some channels or programs commercials can not be skipped while viewing. I have no idea if this distinction is by channel or specific programs or what percent there is of each. So far, WE have only had to sit thru commercials for the Fargo series reruns on FX.

Minor with workaround: picture is dimmed out for many seconds when starting or after skipping. Discovered you can stop the dimming instantly with the return button. But time it right, if you don't manage to hit return until the dimming is already fading, it does what you expect: leaves the recording/program.

Possible problem depending on what you watch: The library keeps all episodes of anything you ask to save for NINE months. And there is no way to remove them from your library. That will be a nightmare if you are watching anything in syndication that gets broadcast in random order because the YoutubeTV library only lists them in order of ORIGINAL air date NOT the order they were recorded. So, to find what got recorded since the last time you watched, you will have to scroll thru up to 9 months of recordings to find the latest one(s). And since you can not delete anything from your library even if you say to stop recording something, you can't get around this by clearing the library after catching up. They really need to let you delete entries or sort by date recorded.

Weirdness: Obviously, YouTubeTV does not actually save recordings for you but lets you stream a master recording of anything ever shown on YouTubeTV. Yet, if you see something in progress and start to watch it, you can't rewind to the beginning even if you ask for it to be added to your library.

Update:

Regarding on the problem of YouTubeTV not remembering where you left off in a live program or recording. It turns out if you allow YouTube/Google to use/monetize your viewing history, YouTubeTV will remember and even provide a list of everything you started but didn't finish. That is the default. I turned off all the tracking options when I got the service. While researching the problem, I found out that little "gotcha".

Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 5/16/20 at 08:54 AM.
Old 5/6/20, 12:02 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
That's what we paid.

Pretty happy with it after cutting the cord. It is slower to load than other apps when switching between apps but not a big deal to us.

Downsides:

Biggest is it does not remember where you stopped watching something in the library (DVR). So better watch 'till the end or make a note where you left off if planning to finish another time or even accidentally stop watching (pushed wrong button, power failure, etc.)

Some channels or programs commercials can not be skipped while viewing. I have no idea if this distinction is by channel or specific programs or what percent there is of each. So far, WE have only had to sit thru commercials for the Fargo series on FX.

Minor with workaround: picture is dimmed out for many seconds when starting or after skipping. Discovered you can stop the dimming instantly with the return button. But time it right, if you don't manage to hit return until the dimming is already fading, it does what you expect: leaves the recording/program (hope you remember where to skip forward to when you restart. LoL)

Possible problem depending on what you watch: The library keeps all episodes of anything you ask to save for NINE months. And there is no way to remove them from your library. That will be a nightmare if you are watching anything in syndication that gets broadcast in random order because the YoutubeTV library only lists them in order of ORIGINAL air date NOT the order they were recorded. So, to find what got recorded since the last time you watched, you will have to scroll thru up to 9 months of recordings to find the latest one(s). And since you can not delete anything from your library even if you say to stop recording something, you can't get around this by clearing the library after catching up. They really need to let you delete entries or sort by date recorded.

Weirdness: Obviously, YouTubeTV does not actually save recordings for you but lets you stream a master recording of anything ever shown on YouTubeTV. Yet, if you see something in progress and start to watch it, you can't rewind to the beginning even if you ask for it to be added to your library.
Thanks for your reply!
Old 5/7/20, 07:29 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Thanks for your reply!

How about local news are those channels available too?
Old 5/7/20, 07:40 AM

How about local news are those channels available too?
Every one. I suppose it involves the stations agreeing to what Google offers to pay them, so I guess its possible some local stations might be brave enough to say no to big G.

YoutubeTV has a free trial period. I think it was 7 days plus I seem to recall being able to see the channels (including locals) based on my zip code before even starting the trial.
Old 5/7/20, 08:16 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Every one. I suppose it involves the stations agreeing to what Google offers to pay them, so I guess its possible some local stations might be brave enough to say no to big G.

YoutubeTV has a free trial period. I think it was 7 days plus I seem to recall being able to see the channels (including locals) based on my zip code before even starting the trial.
Thanks appreciate all the solid feedback!
Old 5/10/20, 06:51 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mustang mothers!
Old 5/10/20, 11:09 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Nothing better to start your day like a 5.5 quake can.
Sorry to hear Eduardo! You guys have had it rough down there the last couple of years
Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mustang mothers!
thanks! And Happy Mother’s Day to all of your moms/wives too!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Just waiting for all of my heathens to come over in a bit to celebrate. Always nice when I can get them all here together with their crazy schedules. My girl won’t get to spend too much time today as she’ll be on her way to work in the pediatric emergency department but the boys don’t have rush off. One of my favorite memories popped up today when my youngest took me to the range for some target practice a few years ago for Mother’s Day.

The following users liked this post:
edumspeed (5/12/20)
Old 5/16/20, 08:50 AM

Thanks for your reply!
Update on the problem of YouTubeTV not remembering where you left off in a live program or recording. It turns out if you allow YouTube/Google to use/monetize your viewing history, YouTubeTV will remember and even provide a list of everything you started but didn't finish. That is the default. I turned off all the tracking options when I got the service. While researching the problem, I found out that little "gotcha".
Old 5/16/20, 09:21 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Thanks again!
Old 5/21/20, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 GT Cobra Clone

Hello Mustang Family,
I have a 2003 GT Cobra Clone Twin Turbo that I would love to sale, is there a location on the forum to make sure I follow the rules?
Would love to show some people the pictures and details.
Thank you

Old 5/21/20, 01:32 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,780 Posts
Originally Posted by Camman
Hello Mustang Family,
I have a 2003 GT Cobra Clone Twin Turbo that I would love to sale, is there a location on the forum to make sure I follow the rules?
Would love to show some people the pictures and details.
Thank you
Click on the following links provided below. Meanwhile, welcome to TMS.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...q_postingrules
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...b3_board_usage
https://themustangsource.com/forums/f695/
Old 5/21/20, 01:56 PM

Hello,
help me out, whats wrong with it?
Thanks
Old 5/21/20, 02:13 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Nothing wrong....that's part of his signature line.
Old 5/21/20, 02:19 PM

LOL,
Thanks....
The following users liked this post:
SpectreH (5/21/20)
Old 5/21/20, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreH
Nothing wrong....that's part of his signature line.
It sure is at that lol.

Hello,
help me out, whats wrong with it?
Thanks
Trust me, if there had been anything wrong? I would've informed you about it. Instead I went ahead by providing support with the links to help address your concerns.
Old 5/23/20, 03:21 PM

Hello Gary,
I tried posting a car for sale in the "For Sale" section, but I received I did not have access to start a new thread.
Can someone guide me to the right location or option?
Thank you,
Camman
Old 5/23/20, 05:22 PM

Hello Gary,
I tried posting a car for sale in the "For Sale" section, but I received I did not have access to start a new thread.
Can someone guide me to the right location or option?
Thank you,
Camman
The reason you received a not having access to start a new thread in the "For Sale" sub-forum section, is because you don't have enough posts submitted yet. Until you do? Submit your thread in the introductions section. The link is provided below. Also just an FYI: My name isn't Gary either!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/f650/

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 6/11/20 at 08:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast