Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/15, 05:29 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Social media for our quiet little Nathan? Must be one dull place! JK
Old 6/12/15, 06:56 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I've been promoted.

And we don't have a dock...
Warehouse watcher . . . and judger!
Old 6/12/15, 07:54 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Social media for our quiet little Nathan? Must be one dull place! JK
I don't do the interacting. I just help my sister come up with ideas for posts.

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Warehouse watcher . . . and judger!
Old 6/12/15, 11:03 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Have any of you guys ever had a doctor recommend Hospice care for a loved one or yourself and it turn out to be something that could be turned around to a positive thing? Is that possible?
Old 6/12/15, 11:27 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Old 6/12/15, 11:33 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Have any of you guys ever had a doctor recommend Hospice care for a loved one or yourself and it turn out to be something that could be turned around to a positive thing? Is that possible?
I have never ever had any experience with that. It's just never been something needed with any of my grandparents or anyone close to me.
Old 6/12/15, 11:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I have never ever had any experience with that. It's just never been something needed with any of my grandparents or anyone close to me.
Doesn't have to be a grand parent, or a parent, sometimes it can be someone really ****ed up, even your age, it can be someone just like you that is really ****ed up and needs serious treatment to get back to normal.

We just ask that you pray for us and hope that we get over it.
Old 6/12/15, 11:48 PM
Post *****

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Doesn't have to be a grand parent, or a parent, sometimes it can be someone really ****ed up, even your age, it can be someone just like you that is really ****ed up and needs serious treatment to get back to normal.

We just ask that you pray for us and hope that we get over it.
Of course

I just don't even understand it honestly
Old 6/13/15, 12:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Of course

Its crazy to me too, honestly. I've been to a lot of doctor appointments lately and my blood pressure has been through the roof, off the charts, sometimes 170 over 120. But I've started walking trails and eating less salt and fat and it went down a lot.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 6/13/15 at 09:42 AM.
Old 6/13/15, 12:35 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Its me, honestly. I've been to a lot of doctor appointments lately and my blood pressure has been through the roof, off the charts, sometimes 170 over 120. But I've started walking trails and eating less salt and fat and it went down a lot.
Glad you seem to be getting better.
Last time i had my blood pressure checked it was high...for 5 minutes because he left his hot assistant in the room with me to take it LOL. after that reading he said...hmm let me check it myself...it was back down to normal LOL

Reducing the salt and sugars will help a TON. Basically avoiding processed and fast foods will take a huge chunk out of that. No idea what your diet is normally like (ok, maybe i do from your posts in the you-know-what section LOL), but adding naturally colorful foods in abundance will help immensely.

It can be really scary so my thoughts are with you and hoping you feel better asap.
Old 6/13/15, 12:51 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Glad you seem to be getting better.
Last time i had my blood pressure checked it was high...for 5 minutes because he left his hot assistant in the room with me to take it LOL. after that reading he said...hmm let me check it myself...it was back down to normal LOL

Reducing the salt and sugars will help a TON. Basically avoiding processed and fast foods will take a huge chunk out of that. No idea what your diet is normally like (ok, maybe i do from your posts in the you-know-what section LOL), but adding naturally colorful foods in abundance will help immensely.

It can be really scary so my thoughts are with you and hoping you feel better asap.
The nurse at the doctor office I was at had a freak out when she took it, it was 179/117, she thought I was about to have a stroke, lol. I know it had been high, but not near that. But I was wound up because I had been waiting for 2 hours for the appointment, not that matters, but it did have me cranked up a bit, I don't do well sitting in public, I get wound up a lot.
Old 6/13/15, 10:37 AM
Post *****

The nurse at the doctor office I was at had a freak out when she took it, it was 179/117, she thought I was about to have a stroke, lol. I know it had been high, but not near that. But I was wound up because I had been waiting for 2 hours for the appointment, not that matters, but it did have me cranked up a bit, I don't do well sitting in public, I get wound up a lot.
Lee,

Can I make a suggestion? You can tell me to go screw myself. Heck I did that last night and probably will tonight. But maybe just maybe have you thought about going to a church. Not even necessarily a church service but a church and talking to someone like a pastor and just having a conversation? Maybe unburden yourself a little bit. I'm the last guy to tell a guy to go to church because I haven't set foot in one in a probably 4 years and haven't attended one regularly in about 20 years but I just feel like from what little I do know that you carry a heavy heavy burden from the past and it's gotta be like a 2 ton weight on you that would effect your health. I mean the things you have used to self medicate from the pain are taking a toll on you and quick it seems. We all want you to be around a long time and we all worry about you.

If I'm full of **** then so be it. I gave my opinion.

Posted out of love,
Gary

PS not the gay kind of love. NTTAWWT
Old 6/13/15, 11:44 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My doctor didn't freak when mine was that high. He just shook his head and said it needed to come down. I'd be in the 180 range. After putting me on blood pressure meds it came down. Even going to urgent care after the accident it was 135/80. My recent trip to the doc when I was sick had it down to 98/67. i'm back in the 115/ range now with meds.
Old 6/13/15, 12:48 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Of course

I nodded off last night before I got to finish. I've got an uncle that isn't a whole lot older than me and that ****er has at least nine lives. He pretty much dropped off the grid in the 70s and has just roamed ever since. No matter how many opportunities hes given, hed rather live in the woods in a homeless camp and get ****ed up than live a "normal" life, and that's what hes done for 40 years.

And the weird thing is, hes not a bum or a moocher or panhandler, he'll work his *** off and has never asked for anything more than a ride somewhere a few times through the years. He'll have a job and a car and could stay with someone in the family or a friend but will still sleep in his car or a tent in a homeless camp out by the river. Hes lived with multiple people in the family multiple times through the years, get a job, stay clean and sober for months, buy a car, help pay the bills, work around the house doing anything that needs to be done, then one day you'll come home and he'll be gone and nobody will hear from him or anything about him for months or even years. Then one day out of the blue he'll call or stop by to see how everyone is, or you'll get a call that hes in the hospital or a rehab.

Hes like Wile E Coyote. Hes been hit by a car multiple times, hell one time he fell off a bridge trying to avoid being hit by a train then was hit by a car when he landed on the road below! Fell about 60 feet off a cliff one time climbing up to jump off into a swimming hole at the river and broke more bones than Evel Knievel, every 5 years or so its something crazy like that and you dread the call because you never know where he is or when its going to be the last time.

The last few years hes actually done pretty well (for him at least). Hes worked as a handyman (get the irony of this) for the guy that runs the local homeless shelter and soup kitchen, lol. Yeah. Goes to work every day, 12 hours a day, working at the shelter, gets his paycheck and goes and lives with the homeless people in his van in the woods and gets ****ed up.

Well I think his nine lives have run out. Got the call a couple weeks ago that he was in ICU in a coma on a ventilator. Something bad wrong with his pancreas and blood clots that they haven't been able to fix and a bunch of other ****. Extremities swelled up 3 times their normal size. Finally woke up this week and the hospital says they can't keep him, nothing they can do for him, hes fighting with them and raising hell and that we need to arrange for him to be moved to a nursing home.

So now we're all dealing with that mess.

Lee,

Can I make a suggestion? You can tell me to go screw myself. Heck I did that last night and probably will tonight. But maybe just maybe have you thought about going to a church. Not even necessarily a church service but a church and talking to someone like a pastor and just having a conversation? Maybe unburden yourself a little bit. I'm the last guy to tell a guy to go to church because I haven't set foot in one in a probably 4 years and haven't attended one regularly in about 20 years but I just feel like from what little I do know that you carry a heavy heavy burden from the past and it's gotta be like a 2 ton weight on you that would effect your health. I mean the things you have used to self medicate from the pain are taking a toll on you and quick it seems. We all want you to be around a long time and we all worry about you.

If I'm full of **** then so be it. I gave my opinion.

Posted out of love,
Gary

PS not the gay kind of love. NTTAWWT
I don't mind, but its probably not something I would do. I've been burned by church too many times (church down here is a whole different thing than church most of you think of). It just left a bad taste in my mouth (and it wasn't even a Catholic priest )

I've talked to more counselors, therapists, psychiatrists etc than I can count through the years. It seems to help for a little while, then they want to put you on a bunch of meds that turn you into an emotionless zombie and make you feel like ****. **** that, if I'm going to have to be medicated, I'll do it myself with something I actually enjoy.

I'm working on all this ****, trying to fix some of the physical problems that I've put off for a long time. I can deal with a few things, its just when so many all compound at one time that ****s me up finally.
Old 6/13/15, 12:55 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by denlem
My doctor didn't freak when mine was that high. He just shook his head and said it needed to come down. I'd be in the 180 range. After putting me on blood pressure meds it came down. Even going to urgent care after the accident it was 135/80. My recent trip to the doc when I was sick had it down to 98/67. i'm back in the 115/ range now with meds.
I don't know what her problem was, the doctor didn't even say anything. But I barely talked to him and it wasn't what I was there for. He was a surgeon that was just setting up some current scans and stuff for my spine.

Went to another one for a full physical after that (hadn't had one in over 15 years). He wanted to put me on blood pressure meds and I declined until I try to get it down with diet and exercise. Been wanting to lose another 25lbs anyway, so I figured it was a good motivator. If its still up when I go back in 3 months I'll try the meds. Of course it runs in the family on both sides. Just about everyone that has died in my family has been from a stroke or heart attack. My aunt had a stroke at 40 and survived. Still paralyzed on one side though. And she was thin, athletic, the picture of health when it happened.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 6/13/15 at 01:00 PM.
Old 6/13/15, 12:58 PM
Post *****

I've got a plantar fasciitis thats making me walk like an old man. When I'm off of it for a while and then start walking I look like I need a cane. Mother****er.
Old 6/13/15, 04:05 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Lee, I'm hoping for the best for your uncle and I hope you can get your self fixed up too!
Old 6/13/15, 04:07 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Oh, and Mr. Jill went truck shopping today Pics to follow............
Old 6/13/15, 05:37 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lee, i know what you mean about drs putting you on meds that make you zombielike. My ol lady goes and visits the mental drs on a regular basis due to everything that she has been thru. She has been thru alot and frankly i dont know how she made it thru. But the drs wanted to put her on those type meds and turned them down because of that. They actually have other meds out there that will let you live somewhat normal and not like a zombie.

As for your uncle i hope that he pulls thru this and that the stress that its causing can be lifted off your shoulders
Old 6/13/15, 09:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lee, I kinda hate to add my 2 cents worth, but in all my experience, hospice care (although I can't praise the angels who provide it enough) tends to be an end-of-life program; I can't recall knowing anyone who ever had it and made a recovery. Their reason for existence is to make their patient as comfortable as possible at the end, and they also try to support the patient's family or caregivers as much as possible. It's a he11 of a job/responsibility to deal with day in/day out. If hospice has been prescribed for your uncle, it doesn't bode well.

Now, IRT to your BP, Gary was spot on with the dietary info, but exercise is also a great way to lower the pressure. The easiest and simplest is brisk walking-- long strides and arm swinging-- get your blood pumping and your heart pounding. You can do it, now that you're off smoking. Calm relaxation also helps, maybe sitting under a Georgia pine looking out over a bluff. No phone or music, other than what Ma Nature provides. Sure wish you'd give it a shot. Best of luck to ya.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast