Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/15, 06:14 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

In Vieques Island Puerto Rico! The beaches are absolutely gorgeous and the women ain't to shabby either!
Old 6/26/15, 07:47 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
In Vieques Island Puerto Rico! The beaches are absolutely gorgeous and the women ain't to shabby either!
i just imagine so . enjoy yourself .. i`ve never been anywhere and i guess some day i will regret it ..
Old 6/26/15, 10:55 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
I haven't been able to find any custom fit splash guards for the Jeep, the ones that I have found hang really low. Thinking about taking it back to the place that did the clear bra on the front and having them do the rocker panels and behind the rear fenders with it.

Anyone had that stuff done? How did it hold up?
Old 6/27/15, 10:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I haven't been able to find any custom fit splash guards for the Jeep, the ones that I have found hang really low. Thinking about taking it back to the place that did the clear bra on the front and having them do the rocker panels and behind the rear fenders with it.

Anyone?
Old 6/27/15, 11:38 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

This website has really gone to poo. It sucks since whoever bought it out, screw this whole deal, they ruined a good community of people. I'm done with their crap, why would anyone hang around for this crap? I hope they go broke and lose a crap load of money on buying this site. Screw them.
Old 6/28/15, 08:32 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I've never used the clear bras, they'd probably work, but I see some of the old ones get grimy looking and collect dirt around the edges which makes it really obvious they're there.
Old 6/28/15, 07:02 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Have fun!
Anyone?
Sorry, I have no experience with that
Old 6/28/15, 08:08 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Whats up my peeps. Im currently in Gary Indiana waiting to see what to do with this load I have. Its supposed to be delivered in Wisconsin in the morning but i dont have the hrs left to deliver it. Weekend dispatch is no help. So Im prolly gonna be sitting here with it till Tuesday morning when I have my full hours again and can roll on down the highway
Old 6/28/15, 09:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Whats up my peeps. Im currently in Gary Indiana waiting to see what to do with this load I have. Its supposed to be delivered in Wisconsin in the morning but i dont have the hrs left to deliver it. Weekend dispatch is no help. So Im prolly gonna be sitting here with it till Tuesday morning when I have my full hours again and can roll on down the highway
That sucks, I hate waiting around when I work away from home, I didn't travel here to be sitting around a hotel room

This website has really gone to poo. It sucks since whoever bought it out, screw this whole deal, they ruined a good community of people. I'm done with their crap, why would anyone hang around for this crap? I hope they go broke and lose a crap load of money on buying this site. Screw them.
It really has, I can barely use the app, it's really sluggish.
Old 6/30/15, 05:36 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the clear bra done on the hood of my 08 Mustang. I bought the cheap version off of eBay. Held up nice. A guy that ran a local Mustang group owned a sign and decal company so he had experience putting them on and did it for me. Worked perfect. No peeling, no bubbles either after it was fully dry.

After 2 years of service, you could see little dings in it from rocks that were kicked up and hit itm but protected the paint. When it came time to let the Mustang go, I peeled it off and the paint under it was almost perfect. No dings or chips, but the paint was a little hazy and you could see the edge line. Probably nothing a good cleaning would fix, but I left that to someone else.
Old 6/30/15, 10:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
So you cant just head home and you have to wait?
Old 6/30/15, 12:34 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by denlem
I had the clear bra done on the hood of my 08 Mustang. I bought the cheap version off of eBay. Held up nice. A guy that ran a local Mustang group owned a sign and decal company so he had experience putting them on and did it for me. Worked perfect. No peeling, no bubbles either after it was fully dry.

After 2 years of service, you could see little dings in it from rocks that were kicked up and hit itm but protected the paint. When it came time to let the Mustang go, I peeled it off and the paint under it was almost perfect. No dings or chips, but the paint was a little hazy and you could see the edge line. Probably nothing a good cleaning would fix, but I left that to someone else.
I already had the whole front end done couple weeks ago (18" back on the hood and back to where the front of the wheel well opening is red line below) but I'm wondering how it would hold up if I had it done down the rocker panel behind the front and rear fender where rocks get kicked up (red line below). Haven't decided yet, still looking for some custom fit splash guards that don't hang too low.

Name:  IMG_0169-2_zps2iqmbhop.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  189.8 KB

He said that front end was a real *****, one of the harder ones hes done lately. The film for the front end is 8 separate pieces because of the way the front bumper and everything is made on the new Jeeps (each model is a little different). There is the hood piece, then 2 pieces for the corner of the upper fenders, then 2 pieces for the moulding around the wheel well, then a lower bumper piece, a piece for the large center part of the bumper, then another piece that goes in between the headlights to cover all the grill area.

He said that grill piece took him about 4 hours trying to get all those little areas in between each of the 7 bar openings.

Name:  IMG_0167_zpsxx7i2n6u.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  528.2 KB
Old 6/30/15, 01:23 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

I think it would hold up Lee. Did you ask your installer?
Old 6/30/15, 02:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I think it would hold up Lee. Did you ask your installer?
He said it works really well there, but then again he is trying to sell it, lol. I only talked to him about that part on the phone after he had done the front so I'm not sure how much of the side he was talking about, but from what I could tell he meant the area I have in red (except all the way down the side) and the part I have in red behind the rear wheel for $140.
Old 6/30/15, 03:29 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Just do the whole dang car.
Old 6/30/15, 04:00 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Just do the whole dang car.
I didn't mean the whole side, lol. Just the lower part I have in red but all the way back.

I was surprised that people were actually doing whole cars. He had just done a new Lexus NX F Sport and a new Porsche Cayman GTS all over.
Old 6/30/15, 05:16 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I find that even with decent splash guards stuff is still gonna get on the lower panels. I'd say just go for it!
Old 6/30/15, 07:59 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
So you cant just head home and you have to wait?
Well if i was close to home i would. The way they government has the hours regulated for trucks it makes it interesting at times. Here is the breakdown of how the hours are out of a 24hr period......

11Hrs of driving time
14Hrs of on duty time including the 11hrs of driving.
10Hr restbreak

Now once i start my on duty clock it keeps running till i shutdown for my 10hr break and then will reset. Here is the kicker. If i drive straight without using up the 3hrs difference between the driving clock and the on duty clock then i have to shutdown after 11hrs of driving BUT if i use up more than the 3hrs difference then i have to shutdown when my 14hr clock runs out regardless of how many hours i use on my 11hr clock.

Now there is also a 70hr clock i have to watch also. That clock is for the hours i can be on duty(driving or not) in 1 week. If i use up that clock before i start gaining hours back then i have to sit for 34hrs to reset the 70hr clock. Thats what happened to me this past weekend. I used up my 70hr clock and had to sit. I couldnt go home cuz i was so far away and couldnt legally drive home.

I hope that this all makes sense.
Old 6/30/15, 08:52 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Do you keep an empty milk jug to **** in on the road?
Old 6/30/15, 09:00 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

I hope that this all makes sense.
one more of the many reasons gary needs to be president .. so many stupid laws ..

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast