Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/15, 02:50 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I'm going to the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle tomorrow and I'll try to take a lot of pics of the cars they have for the special Ford GT and GT40 display for you! I'll be the old lady standing there drooling over them, lol.
Nice, thanks!
Old 6/5/15, 04:53 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm going to the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle tomorrow and I'll try to take a lot of pics of the cars they have for the special Ford GT and GT40 display for you! I'll be the old lady standing there drooling over them, lol.
Have a great time. One of the first years i am not going to Carlisle.
Old 6/5/15, 05:40 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Have a great time. One of the first years i am not going to Carlisle.
You could have stalked Jill!!!
Old 6/5/15, 06:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Nice, thanks!
Old 6/5/15, 06:29 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Nice, thanks!
Nice, thanks!
Getting forgetful are we?
Old 6/5/15, 07:08 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
You could have stalked Jill!!!
Too much going on. And honestly didn't feel like going anyways. Same thing and same cars every year.
Old 6/5/15, 08:16 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Too much going on. And honestly didn't feel like going anyways. Same thing and same cars every year.
That's too bad. We've got a Ford show here on Sunday. Haven't been to it in a few years. Gonna try to go if it doesn't rain.
Old 6/5/15, 11:34 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
WTF?
Remember the rant I went on a few weeks ago? I don't screw around and I hold a grudge. **** them. It's gone and they can kiss my ***, hope they'll remember it someday.

See above.

I'll probably get something else like it at some point, but at the present time, screw everybody. I've got enough problems of my own and nobody really cares so **** them, I've tried my best to do for everyone else and they don't care so **** them.

Originally Posted by StangMahn

Get a new Explorer Lee?
I really wanted to get one. You know me, I bleed Ford blue. I desperately wanted to get a new Explorer, I wanted to love it. But I just couldn't as much as I tried. I drove several of them, all different trims. The Sport was great the way it ran, but it was just the same as all of them, bland overall. The performance was the only thing good about it and I wanted to love it, but everything else besides the performance was not great.

It was not comfortable at all, the seats were cramped, it felt confining and it was like sitting in a tomb. Not to mention how cheap it felt inside, I was shocked. Pushed a button to fold down the rear seats and the whole rear panel flexed in and out. I wanted to love it, but I actually hated it after a few miles, it felt cheap for a $50K car. The switchgear, interior, materials, fit and finish, etc. were way below par, and I'm a Ford man, I hate to admit it. For $35K it would have been great.

Not to mention the fact that its a front wheel drive car, I noticed the torque steer instantly and I didn't like the way it drove. I'm not saying its a bad car, I'd buy one, but not for the price they ask for it.

After many test drives I decided on something else that felt much better and suited my needs. The Explorer is basically useless for anything other than riding on the highway, it feels like a station wagon, like you're in a Taurus. Measured the ground clearance at the front and it was just over 6 inches at the lowest point of the front air dam. I'd tear that off in one day when I go to the woods. Its not a SUV any more, its a front wheel drive with a little rear drive when the road is slippery.

So I ended up with this. Grand Cherokee Overland, loaded up with every luxury you can get, along with the Offroad Adventure package (full underbody skid plates over the front suspension, trans, transfer case, gas tank and diff, 6+inches of lift for off road duty) and technology package. True rear drive, true 4 wd with transfer case and locking diffs, adjustable suspension, leather everything inside, door panels, console, shifter, dash, steering wheel, heated and cooled front seats, real wood trim, panoramic roof all the way to the rear seats, heated rear seats, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitors, lane departure, front and rear cameras, adaptive HID lights (up,down,around curves), auto dimming lights, rain sensing wipers, memory driving positions with key fob (seat, mirrors, tilt/tele wheel,audio, climate, radio) heated steering wheel, adjustable suspension, panoramic moonroof, LED front and rear lights, too much stuff to list really.

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY wanted to love the Explorer Sport, I REALLY tried but I just couldn't love it. It was just too cheap feeling and not comfortable. I was shocked at how cheap the interior felt compared to the Jeep, and I went into this with a Ford bias and wanting to love the Explorer since I've been driving Explorers for over 20 years, and still have 2 of them now. This Jeep I bought is literally the quietest, smoothest, most luxurious vehicle I've ever driven and its is more capable off road than any of the others off road than any other on the market. Impressive to me.

Still gotta get the rest of the windows tinted and clear bra put on.

On road stance...

Name:  IMG_0166_zps4lo5adok.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  546.9 KB

Offroad stance

Name:  IMG_0169_zpsgfmrnqdc.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  550.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0167_zpsxx7i2n6u.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  528.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0170_zpscsqpp7h3.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  341.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0171_zpsx1k1oqvq.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  205.2 KB

I'll get some better interior pics when I get it cleaned up, they don't do justice as to how nice it is in there. At least I've got something I can actually drive now. Don't care if it rains or if I want to take it anywhere and not be nervous like I was with the Shelby. Had it 4 years and only put 8K miles on it.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 6/5/15 at 11:58 PM.
Old 6/5/15, 11:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Feeling sorry for younger dudes and getting them laid points
Old 6/6/15, 12:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Feeling sorry for younger dudes and getting them laid points

Wish I knew what you were talking about.
Old 6/6/15, 05:23 AM
Legacy Tms Member

That's too bad. We've got a Ford show here on Sunday. Haven't been to it in a few years. Gonna try to go if it doesn't rain.
Have fun if you do go.
It's sad but living in Long Island has kinda deleted any fun for for cars for me. To go to any worthwhile events its hours in traffic and then a lot of tolls. It stinks but hopefully things will change for the better soon enough. I am kinda taking a break for the rest of the year for anything car related. I have a new job that i need to focus on and thats all that will be on my mind for the next few months until i can get licensed.
Old 6/6/15, 06:35 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Have fun if you do go.
It's sad but living in Long Island has kinda deleted any fun for for cars for me. To go to any worthwhile events its hours in traffic and then a lot of tolls. It stinks but hopefully things will change for the better soon enough. I am kinda taking a break for the rest of the year for anything car related. I have a new job that i need to focus on and thats all that will be on my mind for the next few months until i can get licensed.
New York is definitely no car enthusiast city. Work work work is all you people do over there. It sure is nice though. I would love a place in Little Italy. Not a permanent residence but I could spend some quality time there. Good luck with the new job.
Old 6/6/15, 10:00 AM

Have fun if you do go.
Good luck Diana! Hope things work out for you.
Old 6/6/15, 06:03 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Nice, thanks!
I'll try to get some pics uploaded once I can find some time since I have to do this the hard way and get on my laptop because this app sucks....
Old 6/6/15, 06:09 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Looks good Lee. I really like those Grand Cherokees. Hopefully yours holds up well.
Old 6/6/15, 08:14 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,661 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Carlisle was awesome and the new GT350R sounded sick!
Old 6/6/15, 10:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Looks good Lee. I really like those Grand Cherokees. Hopefully yours holds up well.

Thanks man, I love it. It is a fantastic ride, its great. Glad you liked it, I hoped others would too. But apparently they don't really care. I hoped my friends here would be happy for me, but it doesn't look like they care at all. Not a word from anyone, even my boy Nate. Not that it really matters, I know its just a forum on the internet but I thought people might actually give some feed back since we've shared so much over the years, but I guess it really doesn't matter, and it shouldn't, just thought it would.

Oh, well. See you guys around here and there I guess, I hope, I'll miss you guys a lot. It might be a while before I get active again, my next build will be a turbo Boss or 5.0 I hope, or a GT350 of some sort, someday. See you guys later.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 6/6/15 at 11:10 PM.
Old 6/7/15, 04:10 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Thanks man, I love it. It is a fantastic ride, its great. Glad you liked it, I hoped others would too. But apparently they don't really care. I hoped my friends here would be happy for me, but it doesn't look like they care at all. Not a word from anyone, even my boy Nate. Not that it really matters, I know its just a forum on the internet but I thought people might actually give some feed back since we've shared so much over the years, but I guess it really doesn't matter, and it shouldn't, just thought it would.

Oh, well. See you guys around here and there I guess, I hope, I'll miss you guys a lot. It might be a while before I get active again, my next build will be a turbo Boss or 5.0 I hope, or a GT350 of some sort, someday. See you guys later.
Those Cherokees are pretty dang nice. A few I know of had some bad luck with accessories mostly electrical but if you sit in one, you will want one. The comfort and trim are great. Really wish Chrysler had better engineering because they have a chance to be better than just about everyone else. Real nice ride though Lee. If it doesn't give you any problems, you will be really happy with it. They are sweet rides.
Old 6/7/15, 06:17 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Carlisle was awesome and the new GT350R sounded sick!
Ugh, I didn't even get to see it. My brother in law kept walking through all **** backwards with no rhyme or reason. Cutting through the cars in one section and to go to another before we even finished one area. And then he made us leave too early because he was hungry and didn't want anything to eat there. He just had to eat at a diner right outside of the fairgrounds.

It looks good. I like it in the white.
Old 6/7/15, 07:23 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

I wanted to like it. I tried to like it. But I just couldn't.

I'm glad you like it and the Explorer is indeed to modern day station wagon. No off-road ability whatsoever.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast