Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/15, 10:24 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Wasup TMSers?
Quit taking it personal Lee. Just a different generation is all.

Hey Gary. We are heading to Kerens Texas next weekend for a family reunion. Are you familiar with this area? Is there anything out that way worth checking out? From the maps it looks like its miles from nowhere.
I ain't gonna lie to you Al. I had to google it. I have never been in that area. Looks to be just off the interstate a bit between houston and Dallas. There's lots of lakes around there is about all i know.

Irony is I'm probably about as far from you as I am from kerens.
Old 5/23/15, 10:26 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I'll probably keep it, maybe. I'm just sick of the fact that I've done all this for these kids and they don't give a **** at all. It makes me want to puke, where have I gone wrong? I'm just done with it, I'm tired of trying to do something special for the next generation and all they care about is a ****ing iphone. Fuc k it, I'm not going down that road, I'll get what I can.

If you don't mind me asking Gary, what kind of mpg are you getting over all with the Explorer Sport? I'm looking at one of those, but I'm also looking at a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and Summit that can actually go off road, rwd, low range, loaded up, diesel, 30 mpg, loaded to the max with goodies, heated, cooled seats, adaptive cruise, air suspension that goes up almost as high as a Raptor, etc.

I'm torn as to what to look at. Jeep or Explorer. I'm waiting on the 2016 Explorer Platinum to see how it looks, but its nowhere near what the Jeep has to offer for real off road performance. I measured the ground clearance on a Sport the other day and its only about 6 inches at the front air dam. **** that, I'd tear that off in a week.

I'm also wondering about fuel mileage. The Explorer Sport is something like 16 and 22 (If you keep your foot out of it). The diesel Jeep is rated at 22 and 28, and Car and Driver just tested it for 25K miles with multiple drivers in multiple situations. They drove it on long trips, around town, towed race car trailers over mountains, etc. and put 24K miles on it in 14 months and averaged 26mpg over all that different driving.

Just wondering how the ecoboost 6 was doing, I like the 16 body style (especially the platinum) just wondered how it performed.
My mom gets 18mpg with hers. Same as I do in my mustang. Only two things I don't like about it are the massive A pillars and the darn touch screen. Really hard to see what your touching on the screen while you're driving. I'd much rather have a physical button that I can feel instead of having to take my eyes off the road. With that said, I'm probably going to end up with one in my mustang eventually.
Taking it personal my ***. I really dont mind, but it does bother me, especially that I spent over $50K on a car that I never drive that has sat in storage for kids that don't care anything about it, and I'm going to lose my *** on it if I get rid of it, and they don't care at all if I do because it means nothing to them.

****ing kids. Wish I had a kid like Nathan, he would probably give a **** and be happy that someone stored a GT500 for him. Mine don't give a ****, so I'm getting rid of it while I can, get something I can use, **** them, they can drive Hondas and can can kiss my ***.
I'd love it if my dad were into cars. He was into hunting though and his dad was obsessed with golf, while my great grandpa didn't want my grandpa to have anything to do with golf. You're kids are only going to disappoint if you want them to be just like you.

You obviously did, I obviously did not. I've got one that couldn't care less because he can buy whatever he wants and one that thinks we should drive an electric car because his teacher told him that we are killing the earth with our petrol cars. Thinks I should buy a Tesla, that its somehow going to save the earth. Him and his teacher both too stupid to realize that the power comes from coal power plants here in GA, teacher thinks that its some kind of magic **** that makes power come for free out of those little holes in the wall. Stupid *****. I really need to find a better school for him.

I'm ****ed either way, I really screwed up by sending them to fancy schools. Either way I don't give a ****, I'm sick of the whole thing, I'm still going to buy an SUV. That should put a stick up the teacher's ****.
I'm sick of hearing about how great teslas are. The local car snobs are always raving about them on FB. I couldn't give a crap.
Old 5/23/15, 10:29 AM
Post *****

Lee

My mpg says 15.9 after about 10 months of highway and city pretty evenly mixed. But I drive the **** out of it. I routinely do 95-100 on the highway which it will get about 15.5 at that speed. And then in the city i drive it like I stole it. It does get me 50% farther on a gallon of gas than the raptor did so I'm happy.

If I drove it even remotely easy I'm sure I could average 18 with 22-24 possible on the highway.
I just don't have the patience or the desire to drive the speed limit.

I basically floor it from ever light and stop sign. It's fun and I love the car in every way.

You might ask Nathan the mileage his mom gets as I'm sure it's better than mine.
Old 5/23/15, 10:35 AM
Post *****

As far as my kids and mustangs they love them but it's early for some. Regan loves her v6 and Zoe wants a yellow one in a couple of years. They all love the red white and black cars and always ask to go places in them. They like to be seen in them especially at school. We will see how things go. My worry is they will all love them and want one of my mustangs each someday. And they all want me to get another raptor. They do like their cars. And blaine is obsessed with them but he's only 4 about to turn 5.

I don't however have any grease monkeys yet.
Old 5/23/15, 12:43 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm just about done with all the shet I go through. I think I might get rid of my stangs and call it quits. The young'uns don't give a **** about them, I have no one left who cares about them, why bother keeping them and paying insurance and upkeep on them for people that don't give a sheet? I'm over it for now, I'll have to see where this ends up. Right now, I don't care, I'm done with it.
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Dibs on the '70
No way Jose! I got first dibs on the '70 as that was my first car. Probably before you were born.
Old 5/23/15, 12:43 PM

Well, to be fair, if I saw you in traffic, I'd want to bone you too.
WOW!
Old 5/23/15, 12:46 PM
Post *****

Wait a minute

I call dibs on Jill too

Old 5/23/15, 02:01 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
put it back in your pants guys .. she ignored the first comment for a reason ...
Old 5/23/15, 02:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'll probably keep it, maybe. I'm just sick of the fact that I've done all this for these kids and they don't give a **** at all. It makes me want to puke, where have I gone wrong? I'm just done with it, I'm tired of trying to do something special for the next generation and all they care about is a ****ing iphone. Fuc k it, I'm not going down that road, I'll get what I can.

If you don't mind me asking Gary, what kind of mpg are you getting over all with the Explorer Sport? I'm looking at one of those, but I'm also looking at a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and Summit that can actually go off road, rwd, low range, loaded up, diesel, 30 mpg, loaded to the max with goodies, heated, cooled seats, adaptive cruise, air suspension that goes up almost as high as a Raptor, etc.

I'm torn as to what to look at. Jeep or Explorer. I'm waiting on the 2016 Explorer Platinum to see how it looks, but its nowhere near what the Jeep has to offer for real off road performance. I measured the ground clearance on a Sport the other day and its only about 6 inches at the front air dam. **** that, I'd tear that off in a week.

I'm also wondering about fuel mileage. The Explorer Sport is something like 16 and 22 (If you keep your foot out of it). The diesel Jeep is rated at 22 and 28, and Car and Driver just tested it for 25K miles with multiple drivers in multiple situations. They drove it on long trips, around town, towed race car trailers over mountains, etc. and put 24K miles on it in 14 months and averaged 26mpg over all that different driving.

Just wondering how the ecoboost 6 was doing, I like the 16 body style (especially the platinum) just wondered how it performed.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ng-for-feature

Old 5/23/15, 04:14 PM

Wait a minute I call dibs on Jill too
Well Jill wasn't my first girlfriend
Old 5/23/15, 05:59 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
This is home now....Maryland isn't at all what it used to be and I don't miss it.

I am going to have fun this weekend....tomorrow is my first try at RallyCross with the WRX and Sunday is a Pig roast at a friends
Have fun!
I'm just about done with all the shet I go through. I think I might get rid of my stangs and call it quits. The young'uns don't give a **** about them, I have no one left who cares about them, why bother keeping them and paying insurance and upkeep on them for people that don't give a sheet? I'm over it for now, I'll have to see where this ends up. Right now, I don't care, I'm done with it.
well if you don't care, I have a birthday coming up in a few months. I'll take the 500 off your hands
Wait a minute

I call dibs on Jill too

How YOU doing'?

Originally Posted by HOSS429
put it back in your pants guys .. she ignored the first comment for a reason ...
No, I responded, but you must have missed it! Since nobody here really knows what I look like, it is just all in good fun Willie, lol.

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Well Jill wasn't my first girlfriend
Well maybe I can be your last?

Old 5/23/15, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I'll have Mrs Patrick give you a call. She will probably sell me pretty cheap
Old 5/23/15, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I'll have Mrs Patrick give you a call. She will probably sell me pretty cheap
Old 5/23/15, 11:27 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Should have known. Drove the 500 today and got the best responses ever, all after I decided to get rid of it. Met a Hellcat Challenger at an intersection with a chick driving it, dude in the passenger seat. Saw him pointing at my car way back in the line. I was eyeballing the Hellcat, when I finally met them at the intersection, I gave them a thumbs up, and at the same time the dude and chick gave me a thumbs up as we passed each other turning.

Then I pulled up to a stop light and a dude in a Charger next to me (just bought it, still had the price written on the windshield), rolled down the window and asked me if I wanted to run it, I said lets go. He laughed and said he had 3.6 liters of raging fury, we both laughed and his buddy said "nice freaking car dude".

Then on the way home I see a white Mustang coming toward me, then I notice its a Shelby with grabber blue stripes, and he starts flashing the lights at me, It all happened so fast that I just waved at him and he waved back at me.

Old 5/23/15, 11:32 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I ain't gonna lie to you Al. I had to google it. I have never been in that area. Looks to be just off the interstate a bit between houston and Dallas. There's lots of lakes around there is about all i know.

Irony is I'm probably about as far from you as I am from kerens.
I hear ya. Just wondering. Somebody related to me owns a ranch and a bunch of land out there. Weekend getaway reunion type deal. Total unplug family weekend. Can't wait.
Old 5/23/15, 11:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'm done with it all. Talk to you guys later, hopefully if I am able. Love you guys, I really appreciate the time I've spent with you guys, I loved it and I cherished all of the Mustang talk we've had, I love those cars and I love the people that love Mustangs, I'm just done and over it. Love you guys, see you around somewhere I hope.
Old 5/24/15, 12:20 AM
Post *****

I smell varmint poontang. And the only good varmint poontang is dead varmint poontang.
Old 5/24/15, 12:29 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I smell varmint poontang. And the only good varmint poontang is dead varmint poontang.
Not sure what that means, but you go ahead and smell what you want to smell. I'm done with it all, I'm over it.

Love you Gary, you're a great guy. I really enjoyed seeing what you've accomplished and built for yourself. Its a good thing. I'm done with it, I'm over it.
Old 5/24/15, 12:34 AM
Post *****

Not sure what that means, but you go ahead and smell what you want to smell. I'm done with it all, I'm over it.

Love you Gary, you're a great guy. I really enjoyed seeing what you've accomplished and built for yourself. Its a good thing. I'm done with it, I'm over it.
Thank you Lee

Wish we would have met in person someday. But we probably would have been disappointed in the physical embodiments of our online personas.

I haven't been around much. The apple ap is dead and I haven't been on laptop much. It's been pretty quiet.
Old 5/24/15, 12:43 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
So it seems the lack of a working app has pretty much killed the long timers chatting it up here. Mission accomplished I suppose. Nothing but boring **** mustang talk. This sucks.
Sorry if you gotta go Lee. You're a cool guy even if you don't know it. I gotta find me a new forum with a working app.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast