Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/15, 06:03 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
How you doing meemaw??
Old 6/9/15, 06:05 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Oh my! Fast Times at Ridgemont High is on. I love this movie, lol.
Old 6/9/15, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello TMS!

I haven't been here in a while, I thought I would update you on what is going on in my life.

I retired from the Marlborough Fire Department on January 31, 2015 after a 33 year 3 month career... 7 as a firefighter, 12 as a Lieutenant, 6 as a Captain and 8 as a Deputy Chief.

I still work per diem at the Massachusetts Fire Academy.. i get my "fire fix" there.
I still have my detailing venture.

Since retirement, the "stress level" in my life has gone way down. I've lost 32 pounds and I'm in the best shape I've been in for years.

I go to the gym 4 to 6 times a week, eating smaller portions and healthier food and limiting myself to 1 to 2 microbrews a week.

I still have the Mistress and have been active in the Mustang clubs I belong to.

I'll try to come by more often!
Old 6/10/15, 11:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by Scothew
Hey all. Been missing this place, things have been hellaciously busy for me as of late. But starting to settle down. Ive been involved still through the staff, but i should be a more frequent visitor
Old 6/10/15, 11:43 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by DaGonz
Hello TMS!

I haven't been here in a while, I thought I would update you on what is going on in my life.

I retired from the Marlborough Fire Department on January 31, 2015 after a 33 year 3 month career... 7 as a firefighter, 12 as a Lieutenant, 6 as a Captain and 8 as a Deputy Chief.

I still work per diem at the Massachusetts Fire Academy.. i get my "fire fix" there.

Since retirement, the "stress level" in my life has gone way down. I've lost 32 pounds and I'm in the best shape I've been in for years.

I go to the gym 4 to 6 times a week, eating smaller portions and healthier food and limiting myself to 1 to 2 microbrews a week.

I still have the Mistress and have been active in the Mustang clubs I belong to.

Well thanks for checking in

It's comforting to know one can lose weight and get healthier in retirement. Perhaps I should retire today.
Old 6/10/15, 08:20 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well thanks for checking in

It's comforting to know one can lose weight and get healthier in retirement. Perhaps I should retire today.
Only ballers can retire early...oh I guess that includes you! :-)
Old 6/10/15, 08:53 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Only ballers can retire early...oh I guess that includes you! :-)
Too bad he's got six kids to put through college.
Old 6/11/15, 05:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Or to put into the workplace.
Old 6/11/15, 06:24 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by DaGonz
Hello TMS!

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Too bad he's got six kids to put through college.
I just had a conversation with my brother a couple of days ago. He has 4 daughters (all about 2 years difference in their ages) and in the fall will have 2 in college and 1 in private high school. His tuition payments alone will be $100k next year. And if the youngest decides to go to private high school, he'll need to add almost another $20k......now that's scary!!
Old 6/11/15, 09:56 AM
Post *****

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Enjoy!I just had a conversation with my brother a couple of days ago. He has 4 daughters (all about 2 years difference in their ages) and in the fall will have 2 in college and 1 in private high school. His tuition payments alone will be $100k next year. And if the youngest decides to go to private high school, he'll need to add almost another $20k......now that's scary!!
My kids are screwed

They get public high school and the finest public university they can get in to.

Texas A&M ain't too bad if only for the network of alumni.

Patrick seems to be doing alright.

Zoe may go private though on a full or partial academic ride.
Old 6/11/15, 11:02 AM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

There's nothing wrong with going to a public college. Don't know why people want to spend $50k+ in tuition per year when there's plenty of quality universities at a fraction of the cost.
Old 6/11/15, 11:07 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

There's nothing wrong with going to a public college. Don't know why people want to spend $50k+ in tuition per year when there's plenty of quality universities at a fraction of the cost.
Yep agree that's what I did!
Old 6/11/15, 12:26 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

My kids are screwed

They get public high school and the finest public university they can get in to.

Texas A&M ain't too bad if only for the network of alumni.

Patrick seems to be doing alright.

Zoe may go private though on a full or partial academic ride.
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Yep agree that's what I did!
Nobody said there is anything wrong with going to a public college or school. We didn't have much of anything growing up. My brother was working at a gas station all through high school and still didn't know what he wanted to do after he graduated. The very last day he could register for school, he registered for community college. He put himself through there for 2 years and transferred and put himself through U of MD.

He's worked hard for everything he has and wants to afford his kids with any opportunity he never had.....if possible. If you were to meet him outside of work, he'd most likely be in a old Cheap Trick shirt and jean shorts, while driving his '06 Rubicon (which he drives to work every day) and you would never in a million years guess that he's a Sr. VP for a pharmaceutical company.

As for me, we can't afford that. Community college for them.....and there's nothing wrong with that! And the GI Bill is covering the cost for one of mine....which is even better
Old 6/11/15, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First thing I did a year ago when both kids finished College and were making their own way financially, was buy my Mustang. Best thing ever.
Old 6/11/15, 03:26 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Nobody said there is anything wrong with going to a public college or school. We didn't have much of anything growing up. My brother was working at a gas station all through high school and still didn't know what he wanted to do after he graduated. The very last day he could register for school, he registered for community college. He put himself through there for 2 years and transferred and put himself through U of MD.

He's worked hard for everything he has and wants to afford his kids with any opportunity he never had.....if possible. If you were to meet him outside of work, he'd most likely be in a old Cheap Trick shirt and jean shorts, while driving his '06 Rubicon (which he drives to work every day) and you would never in a million years guess that he's a Sr. VP for a pharmaceutical company.

As for me, we can't afford that. Community college for them.....and there's nothing wrong with that! And the GI Bill is covering the cost for one of mine....which is even better
Wasn't talking about anyone here. It's just been my experience with people. Most of my cousins have all gone to private colleges and have had people turn there nose up when they hear I went to the U of MN. I'm not against private schools either. I'd just rather save my money and not have to deal with student loans for the rest of my life.
Old 6/11/15, 03:32 PM
Post *****

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Wasn't talking about anyone here. It's just been my experience with people. Most of my cousins have all gone to private colleges and have had people turn there nose up when they hear I went to the U of MN. I'm not against private schools either. I'd just rather save my money and not have to deal with student loans for the rest of my life.
The worlds most overqualified dock worker
Old 6/11/15, 04:53 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

The worlds most overqualified dock worker
I've been promoted.

And we don't have a dock...
Old 6/11/15, 05:52 PM
Post *****

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Warehouse manager?
Old 6/11/15, 06:12 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I've been promoted.

And we don't have a dock...
They just back up to the door.

Old 6/11/15, 07:45 PM

Warehouse manager?
More like inventory manager. I've got a lot of work ahead of me. Also help with shipping/receiving, social media, and whatever else needs to be done. Lots of mixed roles in a small business.
Originally Posted by denlem
They just back up to the door.
Ya, there's like 400 60lb cases in there that we stack to the ceiling.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast