Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/15, 11:48 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Not sure there's anything I can say that hasn't already been said, but I'm hoping things work out for the best for you and your family, Lee. You're in my prayers.
Old 6/15/15, 10:18 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Oh, and Mr. Jill went truck shopping today Pics to follow............
Out with the old and in with the new
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-truck-side.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-truck-car.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-interior.jpg  
Old 6/15/15, 10:33 AM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

That's a big truck!
Old 6/15/15, 10:46 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
That's a big truck!
I know and I don't think I'm going to like driving this one. Let me rephrase.....I don't think I'm going to like parking it (especially here at work ). I didn't like parking the first 350 we had because it was so long with the crew cab and 8ft bed. Now this one is a dually. It's gonna take some getting used to for me, that's for sure!
Old 6/15/15, 11:28 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

KA-CHING!!!
Old 6/15/15, 04:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
damm Jeep!!

Old 6/15/15, 07:59 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Nice truck Mr. Jill!
Old 6/15/15, 09:01 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
That's a real truck! Makes my Raptor look pretty wimpy.
And the pictures of the GT's, Broncos, Bosses, etc were great!

Last edited by phiggs54; 6/15/15 at 09:03 PM.
Old 6/16/15, 07:48 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by denlem
damm Jeep!!

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Nice truck Mr. Jill!
Originally Posted by phiggs54
That's a real truck! Makes my Raptor look pretty wimpy.
And the pictures of the GT's, Broncos, Bosses, etc were great!
Thanks! I gotta say, this 6.7 is a whole lot quieter than the old crappy 6.0 And Mr. Jill thought he was too close to pushing the limits towing the new camper with the 250, so he's been looking for a little bit and found this super sweet deal. Towing shouldn't be an issue now His co-workers have a bet going as to how long it will be before we step up to a 40' 5th wheel, lol. It will happen eventually. It will be easier to tow a 40' 5th wheel than this 36' travel trailer.

And Raptors never look wimpy! I'd love to have one. They had an Ingot Silver one on the lot that I really, really liked.

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 6/16/15 at 07:50 AM.
Old 6/16/15, 06:21 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts
Holy **** that's a lot of truck!! It looks bad *** though. No way I could park that thing as long as its been since I drove something big, I'd need two spotters at least.

damm Jeep!!
What happened?

Got mine tinted and clear bra put on today.
Old 6/16/15, 07:14 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Holy **** that's a lot of truck!! It looks bad *** though. No way I could park that thing as long as its been since I drove something big, I'd need two spotters at least.

What happened?

I haven't either. Not since the first 350 he had, but that one wasn't a dually. He tried to get me to drive it last night when I picked my son up from work but I didn't want to have to back it up in the driveway my first time in the dark. Figured I'd probably misjudge and scrape the tire all over the railroad tie. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go over very well. Told him I'll wait til it's light out my first time, lol.
Old 6/16/15, 07:38 PM

What happened?

Just curious, did you ever have the GT500 tinted? I don't remember there being tint.
I haven't either. Not since the first 350 he had, but that one wasn't a dually. He tried to get me to drive it last night when I picked my son up from work but I didn't want to have to back it up in the driveway my first time in the dark. Figured I'd probably misjudge and scrape the tire all over the railroad tie. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go over very well. Told him I'll wait til it's light out my first time, lol.
I'd be a bit worried too. Does it have a back up cam? lol
Old 6/16/15, 07:48 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts
Just curious, did you ever have the GT500 tinted? I don't remember there being tint.
No, it wasn't tinted. But the Jeep is so freaking white its unreal. Its the brightest white I've ever seen on a car (no wonder they call the color Bright White, lol). And all of the back windows are tinted so I had the 2 front ones done to match. Makes a nice looking contrast against all that white.
Old 6/16/15, 08:35 PM

No, it wasn't tinted. But the Jeep is so freaking white its unreal. Its the brightest white I've ever seen on a car (no wonder they call the color Bright White, lol). And all of the back windows are tinted so I had the 2 front ones done to match. Makes a nice looking contrast against all that white.
Gotcha!
Old 6/17/15, 04:34 AM

What happened?

These things are known for transmission issues. There is a snap ring in the c-clutch that breaks or loosens. When that happens people end up with a new transmission. Well, that happened to me. I find out yesterday when I brought it in that my dealer fixes it. Everyone on the Cherokee forum that has had this happen got a new transmission. I'm the first that is allegedly getting it fixed. Not many people out there trained to do the repair. The dealership owner has 53 dealerships so maybe they have some pull to be able to do it. I'd just rather have the whole thing replaced.

So now I have no vehicle, missed two days of work, and there are no loaners available.
Old 6/17/15, 05:43 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Good, don't want no floppy titty Jeeps out there. Will it start identifying as African American with that tint?
Old 6/17/15, 06:51 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

I'd be a bit worried too. Does it have a back up cam? lol
Yes. I think that may even be standard now The 250 had it, but it didn't have navigation so you viewed it in the rear view mirror. This one has more options than we would want or need but since they let it go for the base price, basically all of the options were free (even the diesel) so it was a no brainer and way too good of a deal to pass up. I'm still shaking my head at getting it for that price.

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 6/17/15 at 08:54 AM.
Old 6/17/15, 09:13 AM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Yes. I think that may even be standard now The 250 had it, but it didn't have navigation so you viewed it in the rear view mirror. This one has more options than we would want or need but since they let it go for the base price, basically all of the options were free (even the diesel) so it was a no brainer and way too good of a deal to pass up. I'm still shaking my head at getting it for that price.
Nice! Some deals are just too good to pass up.

These things are known for transmission issues. There is a snap ring in the c-clutch that breaks or loosens. When that happens people end up with a new transmission. Well, that happened to me. I find out yesterday when I brought it in that my dealer fixes it. Everyone on the Cherokee forum that has had this happen got a new transmission. I'm the first that is allegedly getting it fixed. Not many people out there trained to do the repair. The dealership owner has 53 dealerships so maybe they have some pull to be able to do it. I'd just rather have the whole thing replaced.

So now I have no vehicle, missed two days of work, and there are no loaners available.
That really sucks. And with 53 dealerships they don't have anything you could use?
Old 6/17/15, 09:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I heard that was a problem with the cherokees. I was at the NY auto show looking at one and some guy comes up to me and says he has one and had the transmission replaced 2 times already.
Old 6/17/15, 11:14 AM

Nice! Some deals are just too good to pass up.

That really sucks. And with 53 dealerships they don't have anything you could use?
Nothing available at that dealership. They have one now for me but I have no way to get there to pick it up.

Originally Posted by mustangfan410
I heard that was a problem with the cherokees. I was at the NY auto show looking at one and some guy comes up to me and says he has one and had the transmission replaced 2 times already.
Some members of the Cherokee forum think some of the dealers are causing the problems. When there is a software update, there is a procedure they need to do as a learning process. When I had mine done it April, they are supposed to stress the transmission and cause the problem I have now so it breaks down at the dealer. If it survives, then continue with the update and all should be good. I don't think that was done. Plus I should have gotten it back with over 50 miles added to it as part of the test. I only had 12 additional miles. Something in the procedure either changed, or they took shortcuts.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast