Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/15, 07:58 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
And the start of the fireworks tonight. Storm looked awesome moving across the lake. Could barely see past the dock.

Old 7/5/15, 07:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Those are great. I haven't downloaded mine yet, probably not that good. I was drunk and trying to take them with a little point and shoot propped up on the balcony railing with it set on "fireworks" mode, lol.
Old 7/5/15, 09:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Fireworks got real nice around the neighborhood last night. Lots of people were popping off the things. Very cool night.
Old 7/5/15, 09:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

**** me I dread driving home.

Wish I had my Jeep, would be a much better drive. I love that vehicle. Its so freakin' nice to ride in. So quiet, so smooth and feels solid as a tank when on the highway.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/5/15 at 09:21 PM.
Old 7/5/15, 09:47 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
**** me I dread driving home.

Wish I had my Jeep, would be a much better drive. I love that vehicle. Its so freakin' nice to ride in. So quiet, so smooth and feels solid as a tank when on the highway.
What do you have? Honda or Explorer?

Those are great. I haven't downloaded mine yet, probably not that good. I was drunk and trying to take them with a little point and shoot propped up on the balcony railing with it set on "fireworks" mode, lol.
I've done that before. Usually aren't too bad. Way better than cell pics.
Old 7/5/15, 09:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
What do you have? Honda or Explorer?

I've done that before. Usually aren't too bad. Way better than cell pics.
Exploder Limited.
Old 7/5/15, 10:01 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Exploder Limited.
I thought so. I had planned on driving mine Friday but after getting it all packed up, get a mile down the road and the overdrive light starts flashing. No way I'm driving three hours with no overdrive. Luckily my dad let me borrow his truck. It happened once before back in may. Was driving home from the vet and it started flashing. Drove it again after lunch and it was fine. Really hoping it's not something serious. Don't want to dump my money into a new tranny.
Old 7/5/15, 10:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I thought so. I had planned on driving mine Friday but after getting it all packed up, get a mile down the road and the overdrive light starts flashing. No way I'm driving three hours with no overdrive. Luckily my dad let me borrow his truck. It happened once before back in may. Was driving home from the vet and it started flashing. Drove it again after lunch and it was fine. Really hoping it's not something serious. Don't want to dump my money into a new tranny.

Never had that happen in mine, it just rolled over 205K miles. The 4r70w trans is a good unit, not sure how much one cost to rebuild, never had one fail. Its probably not cheap though considering my luck.
Old 7/5/15, 10:21 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I do have the torque converter shudder though. When is shifts into OD under light throttle it will give a hell of a vibration, like you drifted off the side of the road on the bumps that warn you, kind of a brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. If you know its going to do it, and back off the throttle before it shifts it doesn't do it. Seems to be a common problem with the 4r70w. I actually added this stuff called Shudder Fix a couple of times (its a little tube of stuff, like a friction modifier) and it helped for a little while but it comes back.
Old 7/5/15, 10:24 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

I've got the AWD. Is that the same transmission as the 4WD?
Old 7/5/15, 10:26 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I think all of the 5.0s have the 4r70w trans. Its the same trans that is in the auto Mustangs like your old one.

I think the 4r70w means 4 speed, wide ratio, you know how far apart the gears are when it shifts, wide ratio. I think its the next model of trans up from the AOD in the Fox body Mustangs.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/5/15 at 10:32 PM.
Old 7/5/15, 10:54 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

I think all of the 5.0s have the 4r70w trans. Its the same trans that is in the auto Mustangs like your old one.

I think the 4r70w means 4 speed, wide ratio, you know how far apart the gears are when it shifts, wide ratio. I think its the next model of trans up from the AOD in the Fox body Mustangs.
Ok, interesting. Hoping it's just something simple. It's a great car but its starting to show its age. Also getting some noise from somewhere in the left front suspension that I need to get checked out.
Old 7/5/15, 11:10 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Ok, interesting. Hoping it's just something simple. It's a great car but its starting to show its age. Also getting some noise from somewhere in the left front suspension that I need to get checked out.
That is probably the sway bar end links. Easy to replace, have done it many times on the ones I've had through the years. Replaced the ones on the Limited a couple years ago and then started having a loud "thunking" noise from the front when going over a bump. It was those sway bar end links had loosened up, tightened them up and it went away immediately. Its a simple piece to replace, just a rod right behind the front wheel with a rubber bushing on each end and a large metal washer that goes through the end of of the sway bar, you can replace them in an hour. Just jack it up and cut the wheel all the way to one side or the other. Only a couple of wrenches and sockets needed. And they're cheap too. Not a big deal at all.
Old 7/6/15, 10:03 AM

That is probably the sway bar end links. Easy to replace, have done it many times on the ones I've had through the years. Replaced the ones on the Limited a couple years ago and then started having a loud "thunking" noise from the front when going over a bump. It was those sway bar end links had loosened up, tightened them up and it went away immediately. Its a simple piece to replace, just a rod right behind the front wheel with a rubber bushing on each end and a large metal washer that goes through the end of of the sway bar, you can replace them in an hour. Just jack it up and cut the wheel all the way to one side or the other. Only a couple of wrenches and sockets needed. And they're cheap too. Not a big deal at all.
I just replaced them last summer. Might need to be re-tightened though.
Old 7/6/15, 10:56 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
What does a cord go for down there? I'm looking at $250-$300 a cord for seasoned. Depends on where and when you get it.
Ouch! That's pricey. I think seasoned is going for around $180 a cord right now. I'm really not sure though. My husband ordered this. I know that they offered a cheaper price to get this "carton" (as they called it). $500 and it looks to be about 3 - 3 1/2 cords.

Saw an amazing fireworks spectacle last night from the upstairs balcony. From up here we could see the fireworks show that the city of Pigeon Forge shot, the Gatlinburg show and the fireworks show that Dollywood shot off. Watched all three at the same time. It was great. Got a bunch of pics, not sure how they turned out though.
We have been talking about renting a cabin in that area next year for vacation. If we do, I'll have to get some info on the area from you
Old 7/6/15, 01:15 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I've seen more Confederate flags in the last 2 weeks than I've seen in the last 20 years.
Old 7/6/15, 01:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

I cheer for Junior have for since he started ain't easy growing up in dads shadow. Lee just to be clear in case I missed it did you stay off the cigs or did you cave?
Old 7/6/15, 01:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I didn't give in. I sure as hell wanted one bad though, lol.
Old 7/6/15, 08:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Anyone ever wondered what your funeral would look like? Would anyone really care (other than a few family members)? Would a lot of people show up? Have you really made an impact on the lives of a lot of people and would they even give a **** if you lived or died?

I know you wouldn't care because, well, you'd be dead, but would the world around you respond and care if you were there or not? Would people miss you if you were gone? If nobody really cared or showed up, maybe we should all do more to help others and be an inspiration to the people around us. If we did that, maybe more people would miss us when we're gone and in return maybe they would do more for other people, pass it on down the line.

I've been to funerals of really good people where only a handful of people showed up. I've also been to funerals of people that a thousand people or more showed up, people waiting in line to get in and I don't know that they were any better than the people that nobody showed up for.
I've always told people I want my funeral to be a big *** party. Put me a Jack and Coke on top of the casket, toast to my honor, and then have one hell of a good **** time.
Old 7/6/15, 08:14 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

When I die I'll be worn food

You people need to move on without me

I know it will be difficult

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast